Lt. Commander
# 11
12-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Is this another "NERF PLEASE; ITS BROKEN" thread? Bcs if it is its just LOL.. Elite shields, deflectors, engines, and weapons are supposed to be top stuff in the game. Are u gonna looking for the nerf for elite weapons when they come out? Bcs they are super-duper OP? I guess the answer is yes. Also, total bonus is 15%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex:
[*]All Warbird descriptions have been updated, typoes removed, and gramer corrected.

Last edited by erkyss2; 12-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Captain
# 12
12-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkyss2 View Post
Is this another "NERF PLEASE; ITS BROKEN" thread? Bcs if it is its just LOL.. Elite shields, deflectors, engines, and weapons are supposed to be top stuff in the game. Are u gonna looking for the nerf for elite weapons when they come out? Bcs they are super-duper OP? I guess the answer is yes. Also, total bonus is 15%.
This is another poorly thought out ability. The issue gets back to PvE RoF being very slow compared to the potential RoF in PvP. They should have went w/a lower value than the OP reported from a lesser number of stacks to get to the 15% you claim in a fewer number of hits. Though imo given the other bonuses Fleet shields have I'd go w/10% omni that Maco has and do away w/the required stacking (this flat boost would help PvEers more than stacks from low RoF NPCs even if you believe the 10% is too low and it should be 15%).

A passive plus a chainable T1 boff ability should never get max shield power like resists at min power settings. Though to be fair the test should been done on tribble w/various skill points in engineering skills to establish a low and max benefit baselines. But, I'm not gonna hold that against the OP since he/she has put more effort into than either of us.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
This is another poorly thought out ability. The issue gets back to PvE RoF being very slow compared to the potential RoF in PvP. .
Sry, my english is not mother language, but if I understood correctly, u think that I`m PvE-er? Well, i`m not, i do pvp every day, and almost all day. Also, i have elite shields, i`m not indestructible, i died lot of times in matches, regardless of all adapting. I have also fought players that had same shields as I do, and i killed some. Yes, they are harder to kill, but not indestructible
Quote:
[*]All Warbird descriptions have been updated, typoes removed, and gramer corrected.
Commander
# 14
12-23-2012, 01:22 PM
He is not insulting you, by the way. RoF is Rate of Fire. The slow PvE rate of fire might make the buff stacking less of an issue, but in PvP the RoF is much faster which means they resistance stacks faster.

I love the sense of entitlement that comes with simple grinding. I sincerely hope they work out this issue before too many people acquire them, or otherwise find out about them. The necessary correction is going to be difficult for the average player to understand and it's only going to create more animosity.
Captain
# 15
12-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkyss2 View Post
Sry, my english is not mother language, but if I understood correctly, u think that I`m PvE-er? Well, i`m not, i do pvp every day, and almost all day. Also, i have elite shields, i`m not indestructible, i died lot of times in matches, regardless of all adapting. I have also fought players that had same shields as I do, and i killed some. Yes, they are harder to kill, but not indestructible
No, I don't think he was calling you a PvEer. I think he was noting that the devs have a tendency to balance things agains PvE, rather than PvP. NPCs don't shoot as fast or as often as player ships do. Therefore, they don't trigger as many stacks.

These resists might not have been seens as overpowered to them during testing, because they weren't maxing out the potential of the shields. Fail on Cryptics part.

No passive should do more than a comparable Level 3 BOFF ability. That is just silly. No, it doesn't make you unkillable, like other bugs have in the past, but it does give too much free resistance (according to the numbers provided by Hilbert).
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Empire Veteran
# 16
12-23-2012, 01:40 PM
as soon as i saw the shield drooped in opvp for the first time, i knew it would be trouble. i just had to hope the stacks only gave 5 or less percent resistance. throw in a resA, or resB, mod on there and thats an extra 15% resistance at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
He is not insulting you, by the way. RoF is Rate of Fire. The slow PvE rate of fire might make the buff stacking less of an issue, but in PvP the RoF is much faster which means they resistance stacks faster.

I love the sense of entitlement that comes with simple grinding. I sincerely hope they work out this issue before too many people acquire them, or otherwise find out about them. The necessary correction is going to be difficult for the average player to understand and it's only going to create more animosity.
i was gonna suggest we make it a goal to unlock these shields, but now they seem like an exploit
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Ah, thx for explaining the RoF term. Well, shields does give nice free resistance, thats rly true, and actually rly happy about, bcs dogfights wont be so popular thing. Or it will be less popular. But, in teamplay, i would say they aren`t broken, we had and inner fleet pvp yesterday and all players had elite shlds. And guess what happend, i killed Dura with team play, and i belive u guys know who is he. Well placed SNB`s do wonders. I hope we will see more and more fleets with this shields in matches, and I think this can actually make game more interesting.
Quote:

Last edited by erkyss2; 12-23-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
12-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I've been one of the earliest adopters of these shields, well and a few others in the fleet I call home, and after using them for about a month now, with EptS 3 I'm not seeing this "invulnerability". This isn't meant to be "oh no don't nerf reaction", but from a pure PuG and play PvP sort of experience I just haven't had this happen to me.

I'm really curious as to how the results were derived. Nothing personal Hilbert, in 3 years I've never seen you wrong but this is the first time I just don't see it. Of course if the maths legit then they should be rebalanced.

Addendum: I always thought the stacks applied a 1% resist per stack...

Last edited by ocp001; 12-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 19
12-23-2012, 02:27 PM
i think the question is, at what powerlevel, and with EPtS3, are you already at a 75% cap? is that kinda easy to get? is that energy level under 100?

if it is, the problem with this shield is that you can have that 75% wile your shield power is set to 25.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 20
12-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, they are Elite shields... intended to be more powerful than any other stuff. And they will cost several days worth of Dilithium refining, right?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584