Lt. Commander
# 11
08-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Cryptic, don't listen to the whiny comments on the other site. Every time something nice is said by somebody who has actually tried the current code, a few come out of the woodwork and say "waaah, epic fail, I don't want to be a Captain". Yeah right; those are the same people who, if it was a ship full of people with one Captain, would insist on being that Captain.

Cryptic rightly knows that most people playing in an MMO spend a LOT of time soloing. Soloing as some random Ensign in Engineering isn't fun. Soloing as a Captain is fun.

Bravo, Cryptic; it sounds to me like you've got the formula for a successful MMO here.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Cryptic rightly knows that most people playing in an MMO spend a LOT of time soloing. Soloing as some random Ensign in Engineering isn't fun. Soloing as a Captain is fun.
I would like to see some information that would corroborate your statement. Since it sounds like your trying to state a fact not an opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post

I too will have to add a "speak for yourself" here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
In our intergalactic journey, we also saw some beautiful nebulae and planetary bodies in deep yellow and purple colours.
Ah, so we'll be meeting up with the Traveler, then? Or at least the Andromedans?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musterion View Post
"plenty of ... diplomatic and research missions"
I also note that once again we're being told about these things, and not shown them.

Otherwise, not an exciting interview, but not bad at all.

Except that the word is spelled "tachyon," dangit. :p

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfingers View Post
I also note that once again we're being told about these things, and not shown them.

Otherwise, not an exciting interview, but not bad at all.

Except that the word is spelled "tachyon," dangit. :p

--Flatfingers
Haven't there been multiple references to proton torpedoes also though recently? That makes me a little more sad; as its a key component to Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Well, how else are you going to blow up the Death Star? :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice article although I think its going to instill a "zomg! tachyon spam!!!!!" since it apparently removes shields. If you can compensate power to reboot them I cant imagine the energy cost.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-24-2009, 10:07 PM
people on that site never ever been to the sto website.

they read the stuff on there and go well is that it? if they would have been here since day 1 they would know there is alot more info and stuff to know then whats posted on gamespot.

people giong on a rant about how the game will suck ect ect just need to sell there computer. its and alpha the video stuff we have seens is probarly a month old if not older the dev are using a build much further along in the pipeline.

if it was a open beta build they might have had a piont but seeing its a closed alpha build im not to worried.
when closed beta hits and the tester will give cryptic idea about what to polish
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zael View Post
Nice article although I think its going to instill a "zomg! tachyon spam!!!!!" since it apparently removes shields. If you can compensate power to reboot them I cant imagine the energy cost.
well its a power of your crew i render it will have a long cool down so you cant spam it.
think it will drain the shield on 1 side yeah so you just turn away and keep it out of the fire arcs till the shields goes back up i render