Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 11
12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
We just got decimated by a russian fleet which had a very interesting setup, something which really defined what russian is: Quantity! (aka spammed to death). Danubes, tholian fighters and it looked like all of them were running the romulan hyper plasma torpedo along with elite fleet gear from the starbase store. On top of that blend in a regular use of scramble sensors and every conceivable p2w universal console in the game. A UI nightmare.

Well, I admit we had a horrible setup (5 sci captains) which lacked dps overall and total breakdown in coms. So we could have done much better. Still, they won, and one can discuss how "cheesy" and "cheap" it was. But to be damn honest they just did what I have been advocating for a long time: Use everything availble in the game to win, and let no one demand or say what you cannot do or use.

Kudos.

edit: Those fleet elite shields have an insane resistance!!!
You guys need to challenge them to a rematch. This time, use Kinetic builds. TBR and Transphasic spreads will take care of a lot of those problems.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,178
# 12
12-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
We just got decimated by a russian fleet which had a very interesting setup, something which really defined what russian is: Quantity! (aka spammed to death). Danubes, tholian fighters and it looked like all of them were running the romulan hyper plasma torpedo along with elite fleet gear from the starbase store. On top of that blend in a regular use of scramble sensors and every conceivable p2w universal console in the game. A UI nightmare.
that sounds horrable! it really is nice that so many simply refuse to use that stuff, and pvp hasent been uterly killed by it. i'd forgoten how bad it could potentualy be with whats out there to use now.


i figure that elite fleet shield, with like resA, would have between 20-40 resistance on some energy types at all times, sound about right?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 13
12-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that sounds horrable! it really is nice that so many simply refuse to use that stuff, and pvp hasent been uterly killed by it. i'd forgoten how bad it could potentualy be with whats out there to use now.


i figure that elite fleet shield, with like resA, would have between 20-40 resistance on some energy types at all times, sound about right?
20-40?? Try up to 60 or more with assosicated skills.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,178
# 14
12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
20-40?? Try up to 60 or more with assosicated skills.
i meant on their own, with no energy level of ability effecting them
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 15
12-23-2012, 05:41 PM
I've only seen a few of theses Russians and they didn't seem very interesting, but then it wasn't anymore then two at any given time.

Dev, you guys should be able to beat any current premades without resorting to cheese, you have the players to do that. Don't resort to their level of play in order to win.

You can put a jigsaw together, and it might take you a long time but you'll do it.
-or-
You can put a jigsaw together, and use a hammer to just bash random pieces together until it's finished, it wont look as good, as it doesn't make a picture, by damn does it use all the pieces.

TSI has a growing assumption about it that cheese is a given in order to win. Why give into that? At least Tripwire's building bridges on the part of Nova Core and it's questionable tactics. So I'm sure you guys are more then capable of bringing some A-Game that doesn't leave a nasty taste afterwards. ;D
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 16
12-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I've only seen a few of theses Russians and they didn't seem very interesting, but then it wasn't anymore then two at any given time.

Dev, you guys should be able to beat any current premades without resorting to cheese, you have the players to do that. Don't resort to their level of play in order to win.

You can put a jigsaw together, and it might take you a long time but you'll do it.
-or-
You can put a jigsaw together, and use a hammer to just bash random pieces together until it's finished, it wont look as good, as it doesn't make a picture, by damn does it use all the pieces.

TSI has a growing assumption about it that cheese is a given in order to win. Why give into that? At least Tripwire's building bridges on the part of Nova Core and it's questionable tactics. So I'm sure you guys are more then capable of bringing some A-Game that doesn't leave a nasty taste afterwards. ;D
Who the heck said were resorting to cheapness and cheesy stuff? Im just pointing out an observation, despite what i have advocated before. Aaaaaaaaand i want more premade matches running, sir!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 328
# 17
12-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
We just got decimated by a russian fleet which had a very interesting setup, something which really defined what russian is: Quantity! (aka spammed to death). Danubes, tholian fighters and it looked like all of them were running the romulan hyper plasma torpedo along with elite fleet gear from the starbase store. On top of that blend in a regular use of scramble sensors and every conceivable p2w universal console in the game. A UI nightmare.

Well, I admit we had a horrible setup (5 sci captains) which lacked dps overall and total breakdown in coms. So we could have done much better. Still, they won, and one can discuss how "cheesy" and "cheap" it was. But to be damn honest they just did what I have been advocating for a long time: Use everything availble in the game to win, and let no one demand or say what you cannot do or use.
Kudos.

edit: Those fleet elite shields have an insane resistance!!!
What happened to us yesturday, is our fleet pugmade were destroyed by another pugmade with huge amount of spam of advanced scorpion fighters which spawn double amount, mines, etc etc. We did have one aceton launcher and one gravity well but that wasn't enough. It was the days of glorious spam from s4-s5, i cant remember anymore. I didnt even know that was possible, tbh. What happened next is this: Thinking that they will que again, we changed our toons, put some spam in it, and rolled two pugs and one premade, in next 3 matches. Got bad words from a last premade, and i knew exactly how they felt, cos we felt like that 30 mins ago. We weren't gloating. This kind of action only hurts pvp. IF u want to try spam setups (or any other stuff in game), contact the team u want in to fight in advance, tell them what u want to try.

On topic, i would like to add House of Oversized V@ginae, khm, House of beautiful Orions (as one of the few KDF fleets that actually do PVP regularly) , to premade list, since we finally got our team speak up and working, even tho we still dont have full premade team, but we need good matches. PM @IvanTom, and state your conditions. Also, match can be scheduled couple of days in front, so we can get players online.
Of course, in fleet of 500+ members I hope you realize that no one can be held responsible what people use outside of arranged matches, where at least 50 players from our fleet have every item available/power/tier in game, with almost finished starbase system. We could easily make at least 3 teams as that Russian fleet. Luckily those guys hardly pvp.

Good games, and see ya in que.
[10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
Poor soul didnt have time to log out.

Last edited by ivantomdisplay; 12-24-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.