Lt. Commander
# 141
12-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for that. And yes I do have too much time on my hands.
Lieutenant
# 142
12-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I am still having problems. I tried in safe mode and it crashed.

I was at DS9 selling stuff and my computer suddenly started going black repeatedly. I had to eventually shut down because of the BSD.

Why isn't there even an acknowledgement of this issue by Cryptic? There needs to be a solution made soon, this problem isn't normal and could possibly even break people's computers.

Please Cryptic, don't ignore this, you are losing money here. Please find a fix and address it as a major issue.
Lt. Commander
# 143
12-23-2012, 03:02 PM
As stated earlier in this thread and now here. They have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix. The latest patch was supposed to address this but did not. There is a post on page 9 of this thread that I made linking to another thread about this very problem. One of the tech support people is posting there and I am sure they will answer your questions. If you are having this problem contact Tech Support right NOW!! and report it. They will want your .pref file, dxdiag, and a hijackthis log. But please do NOT create multiple support tickets as that will just slow them down more.
Lieutenant
# 144
12-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
As stated earlier in this thread and now here. They have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix. The latest patch was supposed to address this but did not. There is a post on page 9 of this thread that I made linking to another thread about this very problem. One of the tech support people is posting there and I am sure they will answer your questions. If you are having this problem contact Tech Support right NOW!! and report it. They will want your .pref file, dxdiag, and a hijackthis log. But please do NOT create multiple support tickets as that will just slow them down more.
Thanks for sharing man! I'm glad some action is being taken, I'll head over there immediately and fill one out.

Hopefully the fix will be soon.
Lt. Commander
# 145
12-24-2012, 02:31 PM
It does help to read the entire thread first. But hey I understand because it is a really long one. :p
Ensign
# 146 Having problems playing
12-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I just got back on the game, after a while of not playing it. I was on when season 6 was out and it worked fine then. so, i did my updates today and then went to play and after about 2 minutes of sitting in sector space my game started flikering. then my whole computer locked up, forcing me to reboot it.

I need help!

Computer Specs

Model: HP Pavilion g6

CPU: Intel i3 @ 2.40GHz

Memory (RAM): 4GB

Lt. Commander
# 147
12-26-2012, 05:05 PM
That sounds a lot like what the rest of us are experiencing. However it would be useful to know what graphics card you have. Also Please!! submit a support ticket on this subject. Also on this thread you should find a command posted by me that will help a little bit in stopping it from doing that. Also turn your game graphics settings all the way down. And if like my card does there is a separate program to set graphics options turn down the 3D settings in that as well. At this time there is no known fix for this issue. I keep hoping though.
Commander
# 148
01-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Notice how PWE STILL hasn't fixed this problem? After this much time, they might as well come out and admit that that they're refusing to.

I wonder how many times this STO virus has crashed my computer?!?! (Not counting the THOUSANDS of times the system has temporarily frozen and the screen has blanked and crashed the video driver.)
Lt. Commander
# 149
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Ummm. It was just Christmas and then New Years. Did you work during either of those??? Well maybe you did if you were unlucky enough to be in retail. But the Devs and most of Tech Support had the holidays off. So yeah not fix yet, because the Devs were not working. And I don't yet know a ETA on the Fix but I am guessing not. I
Ensign
Since Season 7, my NVidia GForce 640 has had hangs, always with Windows telling me that the display driver stopped responding and has recovered. The latest patch caused people to have skin that flashes black and white. I fear for people who suffer epilepsy say this is definitely within range of the trigger. What's more, I can "fix" the problem by going into troubleshooting and forcing Framerate Stabilizer "On" in Troubleshooting. I have updated to the latest NVidia drivers and that didn't help at all. I do get a strange Direct 3D error at the bottom of my character selection screen after the launcher finishes running, as well. Major NVidia cards that are not overclocked (and that, like most others, had no prior problems running this game) should not experience such issues. This is why most companies have a QA team. I'm all for new content, but I'd much rather Season 8 be delayed three months and all of these "minor" problems addressed in a release.
Closed Thread