Empire Veteran
# 21
12-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Laughing My Ascot Off. Thats priceless.

I assume anyone can achieve it?.

Good bye old sets, hello new sets
Or at least hybrid sets like the vessels are.
I wonder if the set idea has gone too far?
Or just a Par balancing that evens all bets?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lieutenant
# 22
12-23-2012, 02:46 PM
if it is really 10% per stack, it really must be reduced down to 5% by further using max. 5 stacks

btw. with these shields you are not invulnurable (at least without the passive t4 reputation skills).
Career Officer
# 23
12-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
I'm really curious as to how the results were derived.
Since I don't have access to elite fleet shields myself yet, I found a helpful person on OPVP who had a fleet shield and was kind enough to play the guinea pig for me.

Then I shot him. First with a regular shield with and without EPtS3. Then with the fleet shield again with and without EPtS3.

Then I went started analysing the combat log and calculated the shield resists and compared these values to the expected values from the known formulas for shield power and EPtS. (They matched my expectations.) Since these nubers were "correct", I went on to calculate the resist that originated from the fleet shields.

To get to the stacking issue I went through the log step by step and saw an increase in shield resists from the fleet shield in 5 steps of 10% each (multiplicatively).
http://hilbertguide.com
Career Officer
# 24
12-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
To get to the stacking issue I went through the log step by step and saw an increase in shield resists from the fleet shield in 5 steps of 10% each (multiplicatively).
I prolly didn't explain myself well, I was curious as to the raw data/formulas.
Captain
# 25
12-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Well, they are Elite shields... intended to be more powerful than any other stuff. And they will cost several days worth of Dilithium refining, right?
So now imagine when only a few fleets have access to do them. Its a huge advantage over the others, which will make small fleets rather upset. And secondly what happens when all major fleets got em. I mean, nooothing will die..nooooothing.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 26
12-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
So now imagine when only a few fleets have access to do them. Its a huge advantage over the others, which will make small fleets rather upset. And secondly what happens when all major fleets got em. I mean, nooothing will die..nooooothing.
Simply premature to even suggest that.

A question, Hilbert was this a case of complementary damage IE phaser on [ResA]? Where the results the same when opposing types where used?
Commander
# 27
12-23-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't understand the notion that because something is behind a grind it should be vastly superior to everything else. It should be different, maybe even somewhat better, but it shouldn't be relegating everything else to the trash pile.
Captain
# 28
12-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
I don't understand the notion that because something is behind a grind it should be vastly superior to everything else. It should be different, maybe even somewhat better, but it shouldn't be relegating everything else to the trash pile.
But thats what its going to do. I mean heck every other equipment in the game will be obsolete and players will be piedgonhold into these elite thingies cause they simpy are way better. No one is going to bother with MACO or whatnot any longer at this rate.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
# 29
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
But thats what its going to do. I mean heck every other equipment in the game will be obsolete and players will be piedgonhold into these elite thingies cause they simpy are way better. No one is going to bother with MACO or whatnot any longer at this rate.
Exactly my point. But people defend these over powered or poorly balanced mechanics and equipment tooth and nail as if it's their right from god or something. You spent time some time grinding. Woohoo...

Last edited by stevehale; 12-23-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 30
12-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Simply premature to even suggest that.

A question, Hilbert was this a case of complementary damage IE phaser on [ResA]? Where the results the same when opposing types where used?
No, it was spinal wave disruptors against a shield without ResA or ResB.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.