Career Officer
I reskinned a mugato as a normal costume hoping to have it act like a regular NPC but using melee combat instead of weapons.

The only animations that worked were running around and a headbutt/knockdown attack.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't think that's a bug. It's the same with all NPCs: costume just effects appearance, not behavior /animation. On the whole this is a good thing as it allows more creator options and thus more story possibilities. Suppose you had a non-mugato character you actually wanted to attack by head butting? Want you Klingon group to be disgraced mercenaries instead of KDF? Reskin a Cardassian group, and your klinks will use Cardassian guns instead of klink ones.

What you're after, I think, is the ability to set any given NPC regardless of costume or faction to favor melee or ranged. It's something a lot of people want.

Last edited by connectamabob; 12-23-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
12-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh no that's not what i mean. I was actually hoping the costumed NPC would run around exactly like a mugato, bashing and knocking people around. Instead it runs at people. Then stands around while it's target gets "hit" because ther'es no animation for it's regular attack.

Same thing for when it tackles someone although I think it half works. The target lands on the ground while the costumed mugato stands next to him attacking.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 4
12-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I reported this when on Tribble and nothing was done about it. Not sure why I even bother testing on Tribble.

I was hoping the Mugato would be able to serve as a standard melee NPC but because no animations are hooked up for humanoids it doesn't really cut it.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.