Lt. Commander
# 321
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
would i be trading off to much if i went full polaron build and swapped out the two omega for the jem set for the extra polaron bonus damage?
I'm no expert, but since you're in a Galor and would get the extra set bonus from the Jem set it might be worth it.
Empire Veteran
# 322
12-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
dontdrunkimshoot your build can this be edited for a assault cruiser refit regent class and a dreadnought ?

please can you post a vesta and dreadnought build ( yeah i know the dread a noob ship ). just be nice to see these build please

also do you have a good eng skill plan to work with a aux2bat build

thank you
with the regent, the only change would be going without ET1, and useing the 180 deg torp fore or aft with whichever torp ability you want.

the dread, well you can make it a decloak alpha striker with DHCs, or just run it like an assault cruiser. its proboly best with all beams, take a look at one of my vorcha build for station setups and emulate that

look here for some of the best vesta setups http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=488821

i'll get to making some good example skill point setups here soon
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 323
12-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
would i be trading off to much if i went full polaron build and swapped out the two omega for the jem set for the extra polaron bonus damage?
i think glider with 3 flow cap would be better, but if you cant commit to havering 3 of those consoles use the jem set. the flow consoles buff the proc as well.

check in game which adds more damage, the direct buff to weapons damage or the extra glider damage. thats what you should base your decision on
Survivor of Remus
# 324
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
thank you dontdrunkimshoot, I cant wait to see the post.

Last edited by unheard1978; 12-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 325
12-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
thank you dontdrunkimshoot, I cant wait to see the post.
for an eng? use this as a base line

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=drunkeng_0

if you don't use tetryon or polaron weapons, and don't plan on using glider, you don't need the flow cap though. and if you don't use EWP you don't need particle gens.

if thats the case you could put more points in batteries, subsystem repair, and maybe some points in sensors and dampeners
Survivor of Remus
# 326
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
thank you for posting this so fast. can a dreadnought work with a aux2bat build ? as I feel this would be more powerful for me ?

my eng fly's my regent and dreadnought so particle gens are great.
Im not sure on glider/ flow cap at I feel the regent would be better with plamsa and the dreadnought phaser
Empire Veteran
# 327
12-24-2012, 04:16 PM
yep, with the COM and LTC eng theres plenty of room for 2 AtB. if you use plasma weapons, remember that plasma tac consoles buff EWP, so use version 3 so you can get the most out of using plasma weapons
Survivor of Remus
# 328
12-24-2012, 04:30 PM
do you have any plans to post a vesta aux2bat dps build sorry to ask its just you have a lot of skill.
do you feel aux cannons are any good or should I use plamsa on the vesta as it works with the part gens ?

On my eng assault cruiser regent im going to use the gas console also on my eng im hoping to get 125/125/98/5 just like ocp001 did.

Last edited by unheard1978; 12-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Captain
# 329
12-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
do you have any plans to post a vesta aux2bat dps build sorry to ask its just you have a lot of skill.
do you feel aux cannons are any good or should I use plamsa on the vesta as it works with the part gens ?

On my eng assault cruiser regent im going to use the gas console also on my eng im hoping to get 125/125/98/5 just like ocp001 did.
2 Aux2Bat Vesta Build (theory craft, Tactical Vesta for a Tactical Captain):

COM Sci: HE 1 / TSStr 2 / VM 1 / PSW 3 -or- TBR 3

LTC Engineer: EPtS 1 / Aux2Bat 1 / EWP 1

LT Eng: EPtA 1 / Aux2Bat 1

LT Tac: TT 1 / CRF 1 -or- CSV 1

ENS Sci: TracB 1 -or- PH 1

DOffs: 3 Technician DOffs (Minimum 2 Purple, 1 Blue), 2 Systems Engineer DOffs (VM, chance for VM to reoccur)

------------

Fore: 3 Plasma DHC's

Aft: 1 Plasma Beam Array, 2 Plasma Mine Launchers

------------

Def: Elite Fleet Axion Deflector w/ Partgen Buff.

Engine: MACO Mk. X+

Shields: MACO Mk. X+

Hangar: Romulan Scorpion Fighters or Danube Runabouts

------------

ENG Consoles: Tackyokinetic Converter / Romulan Crit Chance console

SCI Consoles: 4 Particle Generators, preferably Romulan w/ Plasma Damage Proc

TAC Consomes: 4 Plasma Energy Weapon consoles

------------

As I said, it's just a theorycraft. I'm sure someone with practical experience could do it better. Make sure to have a keybind to call your team healer for help.
Empire Veteran
# 330
12-24-2012, 08:43 PM
^ guess i don't have any vesta builds posted huh, thats about what i would have said too. cant use the aux cannons with it, you wont have any aux.