Captain
# 11
12-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Run a mission or two? If the replicator is expensive, you're doing something wrong.
50 Industrial Energy Cells = 30k
45 weather control = 40k

65 more Industrial energy cells = 39k
35 Self Sealing Stem Bolts = 42k

Not counting the consumables that total another 12k-ish

Total = 163,000/day
Total from traders = 112,000/day

That extra 50k per character per day is quite a lot. I have saved up a good bit and I make ok money selling duty officers. But I have 4 characters and 200,000 per day wasted would eat a huge amount of money.

There are a lot of things I do do wrong, I will admit that. Wasting nearly a quarter-million a day doesn't need to get added to the list.
Commander
# 12
12-22-2012, 11:40 AM
hey...if you do raid freighters and such kdf you can send the contraband to your fed sell on exchange for ec go to risa andoria earth other places too that offer say a comodity at vendor costs 1000 you can get it for 800 if you take a lil longer to get supplyers/find the best deals out there do a wiki search too most things can be bought cheaper then just going to a vendor on a starbase remember...star fleet explorers fly around and do explore you'll find cool things oh and do take some nice weapons it can get messy
Captain
# 13
12-22-2012, 12:41 PM
I use my Tuffli freighter and usually say in Qo'nos zone and fleet chat when I get in if others want invite to bridge to use the vendors there. It sells all commoditities and is cheaper then replicator or commoditity brokers.

I wish more people that had freighters would do this, also seems like many are not smart enough to take up on being invited to freighter. You should always go if possible and buy a large stockpile of items to save for later projects because you don't know when next time someone will let you on freighter.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-22-2012, 01:09 PM
i use the replicator button it usally has everything u need.
Career Officer
# 15
12-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Klingons kind of get the short end of the commodity stick. I have yet to find a consistent non-marauding way to get to the space traders.

That said, the commodities are all available somewhere.

My thread on the matter is stickied in the academy forum (see my sig), but for people who don't want to click the link:

Basic Commodities are sold by Gren on Qo'nos
Advanced Commodities are sold by Trenk on Ganalda
Special Commodities are sold by Konzaar on DS9 or Odenk on Drozana

See the link below for the full list.

Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
Captain
# 16
12-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
hey...if you do raid freighters and such kdf you can send the contraband to your fed sell on exchange for ec go to risa andoria earth other places too that offer say a comodity at vendor costs 1000 you can get it for 800 if you take a lil longer to get supplyers/find the best deals out there do a wiki search too most things can be bought cheaper then just going to a vendor on a starbase remember...star fleet explorers fly around and do explore you'll find cool things oh and do take some nice weapons it can get messy
Heh everyone says this but my contraband missions just keep giving me junk like small hypos and romulan ale. Even on Crit success I pretty much never get more than 1 contraband. And they fail a lot with mostly green and a few blue doffs. But I'm working on it.
Commander
# 17
12-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
Heh everyone says this but my contraband missions just keep giving me junk like small hypos and romulan ale. Even on Crit success I pretty much never get more than 1 contraband. And they fail a lot with mostly green and a few blue doffs. But I'm working on it.
mine are white/green/a few blue torpedo energy weapons from jem hadar missions(2800 series) for disabling freighters marauding and confiscate from crew i can get 5 contraband with a crit sometimes got it just yesterday but, alot still fail. i get a few hypos myself i should throw all my bridge officers in the brig for having hypos the ones with large probably need throwing out the airlock
Career Officer
# 18
12-24-2012, 01:38 AM

A group of freighter captains have started this as a way to give people regular access to a tuffli and its resouces.

Just put a call out on that channel and someone will send you an invite.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaizap View Post
I picked up the Ferengi lobi set to make the commodities even cheaper.
Ferengi lobi set? Could you explain this as I'm still trying to get to grips with trading.
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Captain
# 20
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
mine are white/green/a few blue torpedo energy weapons from jem hadar missions(2800 series) for disabling freighters marauding and confiscate from crew i can get 5 contraband with a crit sometimes got it just yesterday but, a lot still fail. i get a few hypos myself i should throw all my bridge officers in the brig for having hypos the ones with large probably need throwing out the airlock
Fair warning, I am a legitimate jinx, tested as such by the statistics department at UC santa barbara many years ago because one of the professors called my ex-roommate a liar after some of the stories of my dice rolling in our D&D game.

Two fast examples: my record for consecutive collapsing particles in the academy event is 42 (meaning the worthless ones you have no chance to get any particles from). my current record for failed "confiscate contraband from crew" with a success rate of over 60% (meaning both crit and success combined) was 38 times in a row, I critted on the 39th.

So my results will never be "normal". However, I got two critical successes on marauder missions over the weekend. From the first I received 1 contraband and 3 small hypos. From the second I received 1 contraband, 1 romulan ale and 1 medium power cell. I can't recall ever getting more than 1 contraband on a success or a crit. It may have happened, but I don't recall it. Also, I've only been playing for a touch over 2 months so not a whole lot of data yet.

Quote:

A group of freighter captains have started this as a way to give people regular access to a tuffli and its resouces.

Just put a call out on that channel and someone will send you an invite.
Thanks!