Lt. Commander
# 491
12-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
The only thing about the exchange I don't like is the fact that only shows that small bracket of exchange rates. To become a true, player-controlled market, we should be able to see the whole range of offers, from 50 dil/zen up to the 400 (?) dil/zen cap at all times.

Other than that...love it. Bought myself a bunch of stuff on the zen-store which would have taken me 2-3 times as long a few months ago.
The only point to having more than the current winning-bid price displayed for each side is to get a sense of which way the preponderance of supply is nudging the market.

I'm just about out of C-store stuff that I really want to buy. I mean, I cold probably casually grind up a Vesta set in this dil economy, but I don't want one. Maybe start another KDF char and use the Nausicaan ships or Orion ones...
SQUIRREL!
-----------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Sarcastic Venom Award!!!!
Bitter old mollusc since before the forum change.
Career Officer
# 492
12-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well its official only a complete idiot /total newcomer would trade zen at this price

so dilith is now worthless

Or someone with lots of money and little time. Incidentally that is the kind of customer that F2P MMOs love to have. Someone who places a high value on their free time and is not adverse to spending lavishly on their hobbies. Not to mention the appreciation they deservedly get from their fleet if they dump it all into the starbase.

Sadly, players that are neither whales not zero cash F2P'ers are the ones that will be unsatisfied with the current system. Because value is relative and they find themselves on teh wrong side of a constantly moving curve. To all such players the only advice anyone can give you is to transition to full F2P mode and simply accept the game offers too little value to YOU for what you used to pay... but its still a GREAT value if you aren't paying for it at all.
Survivor of Romulus
# 493
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Then it'd just be another vendor, not a player based economic system.

I think the better solution would be for you to get over the fact that the lines of supply and demand determine the price of Zen here!
They don't

A group of speculators (numbering in the dozens not the thousands) are scamming the hell out of the exchange

This is why it needs to be FIXED
iron clad and locked down

OR auto convert any stockpile of Dilith over 1 million into zen at the going rate and any stockpile of Zen over 20,000 into dilith at the going rate

OR allow a person to EITHER buy or sell zen in any 48 hour period

or both such options

or perhaps a 20% tax on profits
Starfleet Veteran
# 494
12-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
They don't

A group of speculators (numbering in the dozens not the thousands) are scamming the hell out of the exchange

This is why it needs to be FIXED
iron clad and locked down

OR auto convert any stockpile of Dilith over 1 million into zen at the going rate and any stockpile of Zen over 20,000 into dilith at the going rate

OR allow a person to EITHER buy or sell zen in any 48 hour period

or both such options

or perhaps a 20% tax on profits
Its a bad thing to do, and without any proof.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Commander
# 495
12-24-2012, 01:12 AM
What would this 20% tax on Profits be used for after it's collected?
Survivor of Romulus
# 496
12-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Nothing it would be "oblivionated"
Commander
# 497
12-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Can this tax be payed once for all annual profits? So that if we take a loss at some point we will be able to write said losses off?
Survivor of Romulus
# 498
12-24-2012, 02:20 AM
You would have to take that up with the Liquidators
Captain
# 499
12-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
This whole exchange NEEDS to be locked to a set value and left there
No. That defeats the purpose.

The prices wouldn't be where they are if people weren't buying at those prices. If its too expensive for you, just don't buy. When enough people stop buying, supply goes up and dilithium value drops.
Lt. Commander
# 500
12-24-2012, 02:29 AM
I hope it goes lower