Captain
# 11
12-24-2012, 11:13 AM
I am a CAPTAIN. I want to be referred to as such.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 12
12-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I am a CAPTAIN. I want to be referred to as such.
Right.
Just like Janeway that is YOUR choice.

If we cater to that one personal choice, we leave out anyone who doesn't feel that way.

So, instead of just a useless post, how about telling us how we could make that happen ?

If we cannot accomodate every single player's personal choice, isn't it best to go with established cannon protocol ?

Just continuing to stir discussion, I just don't know what your post added.
Captain
# 13
12-24-2012, 12:10 PM
It seems to be quite popular in England to refer to any superior as Sir, not just in military use. My line manager (Female) is refered to as sir.
If in doubt use Captain, but Sir can serve both genders equally.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 14
12-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Right.
Just like Janeway that is YOUR choice.

If we cater to that one personal choice, we leave out anyone who doesn't feel that way.

So, instead of just a useless post, how about telling us how we could make that happen ?

If we cannot accomodate every single player's personal choice, isn't it best to go with established cannon protocol ?

Just continuing to stir discussion, I just don't know what your post added.
Divorce the level and rank system. Make it so you can choose wether to be a Admiral or Captain or whatnot.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 15
12-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Sir is correct in the military

some (specifically Janeway ) female officers prefer maam

its incorrect but she prefered it

Mister is a neutral term as well

An officer in command of a vessel can always be addressed as "Captain" regardless of rank

and anyone saying "im female not male" probably isn't
No, she said "Ma'am will work in a pinch, but I prefer Captain."
Taking gender neutralness to its logical conclusion.
Career Officer
# 16
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
The easy way to work around your issue, is either adressing them with their Game rank, or "Captain", as anyone in command of a ship, is generally legally referred to as Captain.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 17
12-24-2012, 12:55 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Urge to rant rising!

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-26-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Let me guess: this is another "bring back handsome phaser guy" thread?

I'm starting to get sick of you starting threads that are discussing issues based on gender. Ever since that "elf/vulcan" picture/wallpaper showed up you've been carrying on and on about it and how the game is becoming oversexualized. Give it a rest.

If you want to push your morals and political correctness on people, go join a christian forum or something. Keep it out of STO.
That was uncalled for...

The OP asks for help to avoid bad ratings on poor judgement, and you're telling him to p*ss off?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKogc14hHtQ

Star Trek II

Spock : "Very Well, MISTER Saavik. you may Clear all moorings"

"Take her out MISTER Saavik"
I remain confused.
I always loved this about TWoK. All of the TMP movies just have such a "submarine-like" feel to them.

And Saavik is the hottest Vulcan ever. Screw T'Pol. She can blow herself out of an injector coil. Kirstie Alley + TWoK uniform + Vulcan stuff = hnnngh...

Last edited by wunjee; 12-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Captain
# 20
12-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahl View Post
No, she said "Ma'am will work in a pinch, but I prefer Captain."
Taking gender neutralness to its logical conclusion.
I believe her phrasing was "it's not crunch time yet Ensign" the first time Harry screwed it up and called her Sir.