Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Captain
# 11
12-17-2012, 04:43 AM
The DOFF missions can be a pain. For a while I had none on my KDF chars, now, most of them have two or three of them. That is good for the coming Breen ship

BTW, no matter what you do, Doff mission, Doomsday, or craft it, its bind on character as I remember.

I terribly love the weapon. Mainly because it is fast. I rip away shields and Beng Hargh'peng. It has a DOT and eventually an AoE explosion that can neutralize things like mines, fighters and some heavy torpedoes. Good bang for your bucks.
Rihannsu
# 12
12-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Am I bad for mounting the Hargh'peng on my main KDF toon because I think it's neat looking?

No really. I love the animation and purply glow/fx of the torp, rad burn, and AoE S'plosion.

The fact that I get decent performance while being aesthetically pleased is only bonus to me... I'd probably still use the torp even if it were a terrible weapon. Sorry, as much as I typically min/max things, sometimes I just like to enjoy playing and looking at the perddy colors. lol

I do have a question: Where does a KDF character get a Purple Mk XI version of the Launcher? The two I have are only Rare-quality Mk XIs (from Crafting, ages ago). I saw some stranger drop a Purple Mk XI version into Zone chat last night, but didn't get an adequate answer as to how he got it.

Sure, looks pretty, but I would still like the best possible... Along those lines, is there an Mk XII available anywhere?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Rihannsu
# 13
12-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Just acquire a new one and it should be Mk11.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 14
12-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Just acquire a new one and it should be Mk11.
The ones I have now are Rare/Blue-quality Mark XI (11) Torpedo Launchers.

How do I acquire (for my KDF toon) the Very-Rare/Purple-quality Mark XI (11) (or better?) Launcher?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Rihannsu
# 15
12-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Just get a new one.... either method for acquiring one should give a purple now.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 16
12-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Just get a new one.... either method for acquiring one should give a purple now.
Oh. Ok. Groovy. I'll try that. Thanks.

Rihannsu
# 17
12-24-2012, 10:49 PM
You were right. I completed the DOff assignment "Obtain Experimental Harghpeng Torpedo Launcher", and on a standard success I received a Mk XI Purple HP Torp. I also checked the Crafting window, and it's showing the Mk XI as purple, too.

Strange. Damage is the same on both the purple and the blue I've got mounted. So they just changed the color, but nothing else...

Too bad.

Empire Veteran
# 18
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
The one and only time I found it (which was a couple of days ago if I remember correctly) was in orbit above Qo'noS; went into the Captain's Ready room (after accessing Starship bridge) and looked at the Tactical missions list there. That DOFF mission was successful and gave up a MK XI version of the torpedo.

I had never seen it anywhere else in all my doffing.
Rihannsu
# 19
12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I see it a lot in Omega Leonis. Checking you Department heads will help though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!