# 21
12-23-2012, 10:03 AM
KDF ship possibly being lockbox << Really disappointed about this
Captain
# 22
12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
You know this easy to use website called google?
I'm embarrassed to say that didn't occur to me.

So...new ships: Abassador, Xindi ship, Hirogen ship, Tellarite ship, two Andorian ships, another Vulcan, and lockbox ships belonging to the next enemy faction. Interesting...

S8 = Heavy story and cutscene content. Sounds good to me. Hopefully not too grindy.
Please fix the Foundry lag!

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 12-23-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-24-2012, 04:49 AM
I don't hold out hope either really. Cryptic always breaks their word on KDF content promises but in the end, they shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun. No finished KDF = no Romulan faction = no extra $$$ being made out of people that want to buy Romulan C-store content.

I'd already be incredibly happy if they fix some of the bugs that have been plaguing the KDF for ages (fleet ship module cost and Qo'nos zoning bugs).
Commander
# 24
12-24-2012, 08:38 AM
I will never trust Cryptic on new KDF content.

They have repeatedly broken their promises and used delaying tactics to keep the KDF population from running away rapidly. At the moment I fully believe that Cryptic will only sell new KDF ships through lock boxes just to milk the KDF players and make us even pay for new content in any way they can.

I will believe real KDF progress the I see it until then I see every word from Cryptic as doubtable.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Commander
# 25
12-24-2012, 08:39 AM
I wish developers of PC games were banned from using Twitter. Even more so than politicians. I can understand the need to talk up the next Season up, but you're guarranteed it will lead to disappointment. And that's just a fact of life when it comes to software development.

"Cost, schedule and features, pick two". Actually you don't get to pick, they're forced on you and you have to eat it. But you can't have all 3

In 1992 NASA tried to have all 3 but running with the credo "faster, better, cheaper". It worked for 10 payloads out of about 150. If NASA can only pull it off 6% of the time, what's the hope for Cryptic?

From the last 2 Seasons we have seen that schedule is pretty much fixed. Season 6 had to get out the door because of the Star trek convention. Who knows what fixed Season 7, but we will never be looking at more than a 2 week slip and that's time for only minor bug fixing. And you can bet that cost is going to be fixed. They won't allow it to go over budget. And even if they wanted to spend more money as a "corrective action" to meet the feature list or deadline, they won't have time to spend it effectively.

So that leaves "features". And stuff will be get cut. And you have seen it happen Season after Season. But something is better than nothing. Look at what happened to the previous publishers; They never even released the game.

Until something is finished and polished, it's got a chance of getting cut. So when they tweet about current work, it's not finshed and may still get cut.

Quote:
Q: (ebrithil1) As much as I love all the new content you've been pushing out for the Feds, I like my Klingons too. When can we expect to see you fulfill the promise you made to expand the content on the red side?

Dstahl: Personally, I?m still very committed to ensuring the KDF has levels 1-50, more so than I can even publicly talk about because it would involve going into details about all the internal conversations I?ve had within the company about this topic. It is my goal as EP to make this happen and the only thing that I can give you is that I?m fighting for it and want to do it. It just isn?t official yet.
This isn't a promise of more KDF content. It's a statement that he doesn't has permission to extend the KDF content. It's a promise that he will fighting for it. And he may never win.

I know DStahl say's he's responsible for everything that goes into the game. He's never said he's responsible for everything that doesn't make it into the game. And it's down that crack that PvP and KDF fall.
Empire Veteran
# 26
12-24-2012, 08:57 AM
We lose nothing by waiting to see if the Season 8 holds more for the KDF.
We lose nothing by continueing to say what we desire for the KDF.

If Season 8 arrives and goes without a glimmer of KDF content, we have still lost nothing and sit exactly where we are now.

Rather than continue the old STO game of speculating what Dan means, can do or wishes to do, that always falls into a KDF "we are lost" thread, I plan to just wait and see.

If it does not come to pass then my wallet will continue to pass them by.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 27
12-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm hoping more then anything else...indeed we have seen delivery fall more then a little bit short of any thing but hype time after time...

SO yea, possible yet another lump of coal to warm ourselves with through the ongoing drought KDF wise..

I realize full well that the Dev's don't want it called a drought of KDF content.. but it is what it is.

Eventually Star Citizen will launch, or they'll add avatar face to face contact and socializing to Eve with tis much more developed and sophisticated space combat and economic systems.

STO has got to become more then a one trick pony eventually. Right now it feels more like a form of collecteble card game MMO, (cept we collect ships, uniforms, BOFF's and DOFF's) then an action/adventure RPG/MMO. KDF content would go a long way toward at least providing an illusion its more. Players can do a great deal to fill in blanks themselves if they have the right tools and game systems that can at least be adapted towards the game they want to play.

If they ever added an "interactive" feature toward missions where a player couldbe a "space master" for a mission and actually have players adventure/role play though a mission we might have something increadable (yes it has been done, and does require player involvement..worked rather well too!)

oh back to dreaming..

Happy Holidays folks.. may you all get really cool swag for the holidays that distracts you from the ongoing agony and frustration of playing KDF.

Khemaraa sends

P.S. If they put a KDF ship in a lock box it'll likely be fairly common like the mirror universe raptor and battlecruiser. Be nice if we finally had a Klingon KDF science ship thats not a lock box special...
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 12-24-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
12-24-2012, 02:13 PM
To all KDF players,
I'm going to say this as nicely as possible. Stop all your whining, ********, moaning, and gripping about the lack of KDF content and instead use that time to get off your asses and get more people interested in playing the KDF.
Cryptic is a company that just so happens to develop games, and games aren't exactly cheap to make, hell their electric bill alone would make most people want to cry. That said, they have to balance player wants with what will make them money to keep development going. Fact is not only is the KDF not making them money, but as has been stated they have lost money on the KDF. And please enough with the "if you build it they will come" BS, chances are they won't. If you really want KDF content then where are the forum petitions to get cryptic to port really well made foundry missions into the official episodes, where is the push to get more people interested in the KDF, and where are the discussions both from KDF and NON-KDF players on what needs to be changed and why they don't play KDF so that can be looked at.
Yes Cryptic wanted a KDF faction ready to go pre-launch well welcome to the real world sh%$ happens. The Biggest downfall to anything Klingon is that they are like the Borg, they've been used so much and for so long there really isn't anything new to them, and to be honest they aren't really all that interesting.
If season 8 has the KDF content you're all dreaming of them good on you and I'll be happy for you, but if not then why not really take a step back and see what you can constructively do, seeing as the same old whine, *****, moan, grip isn't getting you anywhere other than really putting people off the idea of playing as a KDF more than anything. Simple fact Star Trek is about humans interacting with aliens, and other than a very small percentage of players that is being mirrored here as well. Time for a new strategy guys.
Rihannsu
# 29
12-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
...but several months back [dstahl] did all but swear up and down season 8 was going to be the KDF season...
Cryptic's KDF History

/end thread

Seriously, I too hope for more KDF love, but until if and when it's ever actually in the game, I will no longer wish, hope, or otherwise ponder the possibility.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Commander
# 30
12-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I have finally give up. I'm fed up with Federation players telling us KDF just to shut up and live with it as well as the Devs who do nothing for us and don't even care beside delaying tactics and hollow words.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios