Career Officer
# 31
12-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Plus 1

I agree that Dil costs are getting out of hand. Have been upgrading the embassy, and the teir 1 upgrades 78K dil ok thats a reasonable figure to be achieved in a few days to a week with a few people contributing even just a few thousand dil a day.

But the overall embassy upgrade for teir 1 is 360k, I think that figure should be halved.

Thats not to mention the vanity projects and starbase requirements. then you look at item purchase. You build a base and then buy items all using dilithium.

Why not have the dil requirements removed from starbase projects same as from reputation projects.

Dilithium to zen is not worth buying it, so my Dil buying with zen is reduced not increased. I'll just take the time to do it. But it really undermines the fun aspect of a game when having to endure a forced cap on what I can do, and the extra 1k you can refine every two days isn't that big a swing..

The idea that Dilithium works as a time based currency... no dilithium works to get more money to cryptic. Its just the control to facilitate that being done.

I'm a lifetime purchaser and I've bought c-store ships/items, why am I paying you to employ me?

I have this thing called work were I work x time and get x currency that is accepted at most retail and service organisations. Making anything time based currency is fairly insulting to people such as myself, and just highlights the farcical nature of Dilithium.
Captain
# 32
12-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I raised two winter epohhs with bows on, over 8 days. I have enough Romulan Marks to see me through all my reputation projects without having to grind. (400)

Doing the dailies and handing them in at the right time, can double the amount of marks as well.
No you don't have to sit there all day grinding. If you know how to play the game, it can be very relaxing. Hell I get my cap and spend most of my time chatting.
Ensign
# 33
12-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
LoL the fact that several of the names are only different by one or two letters, and most of them contain cz near or at the end, it's pretty obvious yeah.

Though I still agree with the point about Dilithium sinks needing a plug.
We have a few posts because, by this time are not so bad as this.
There's no fake accounts, we only Czechoslovak fleets.
DarthTimmy
Career Officer
# 34
12-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Um. No. Fleets are supposed to be 25 man or more. Sooooo yeah. This cost is supposed to be divided among that many people. So let's do some math. 200,000 divided by 25 is 8000. Hm. 8000. Such a hardship.

Your point is moot.
That's assuming all 25 members actually contribute.

I have yet to be in a fleet where a majority of the fleet members have actually done so. Most of the time it's left to a few hardcore players to do the lion's share of the donating.

Your point has also been rendered moot, for it relies on total member participation, which even in a 25+ fleet is near impossible at any given time.
Captain
# 35
12-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Agreed,.. and this goes for the mos dilithium requirements. This is NOT suppose to feel like work - which it does. Most people cannot stay on STO for hours per day. I would like to.. but I can't.
Lieutenant
# 36
12-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranamullenyx View Post
We request reduction of Dilithium for Special projects. Since Embassy is working, we are forced to gather 400.000 dilithium. After that the game is no longer a game and game becomes another hard and stressful work.
So we request reduce to half: 100.000 for Starbase and 100.000 for Embassy.
!!!And Romulan and Omega mark requirements for "Reputation" are too very exaggerated!!!

Thank you.

Lenyx
Go to work, come home, log on, work some more.....yep this is how the work ummm i mean game is now.
SO yea i agree, please Listen to this guy (and all others that request this change) Cryptic / DEVS as it is needed for us to have fun and not feel like we are working
Captain
# 37
12-24-2012, 11:44 AM
But you are working in order to build something that you want. In the same way that you assemble flat pack furniture.

This game is free to play and get all the perks of the base and the unlocks it provides. Putting in some effort to actually earn these perks gives the sense of achievement otherwise lacking in the game.

The dilithium costs are a bit steep, but then again they unlock some of the best content in the game. At the end of the day they need to be high, otherwise where is the challenge in it. If you are not prepared to work and earn the dilithium in game. I might suggest you pay some of your hard earned money for the immediate reward.

If you don't want to spend money, you have to work to earn it. At the end of the day the Devs need to eat too.

Last edited by tc10b; 12-24-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Clarity
Captain
# 38
12-24-2012, 03:04 PM
This thread was made by someone who is an instant gratification and lazy player.

Allow me to remind you guys of a few things. Fleets are designed to have 25+ active members. Also, starbases are not supposed to be fast. They are designed to take a long time, and be a long term investment.

So please, stop doing this instant gratification and laziness bull crap. It's sickening and pathetic.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 39
12-25-2012, 07:22 AM
If you reach a point when a game can be considered work and the term is freely used by others when discussing that aspect. Then imo that game has failed.

There are a number of resources required not just dilithium, the other resources require time and effort.

I would point out I could buy doff packs to supplement starbase requirements.
This is my point there is a world of difference between COULD and HAVE TO. This is something I can obtain ingame and I feel this balance is ok. I could buy doff packs for speedy advancement and right now its a better return than dilithium costs.

Dilithium should be balanced in the same way, that I COULD not HAVE TO.

The Dilithium market in my and at least some others view has crashed to a point its a waste of Zen for what is required.

I and many others don't have thousands or hundreds of Zen to throw into buying dilithium. Its too much.

Also the 25+ fleet model is crippingly unrealistic for many fleets. For casual players its based around other player interaction.

As this is a social game many fleets tend to build around 1 or 2 - 5 man teams so a dozen or so active members in a week tends to be the higher limit. Anything more than that and the social aspect drops out, who working would have time to talk to 25+ people each and every day and form meaningful friendships from this.
Ensign
# 40
01-01-2013, 11:22 AM
hmm comunitation array III --- 324000D, upgrade starbase III 648000 dilithia. This is very little dilithium and 10800 fleetmark. Very very best. I look forward to starbase Tier IV. Millions of dilithium and thousands FM.