Career Officer
# 91
12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't know if we know all the criteria. 5 reviews and minimum 20 minutes average seems to be two though.

Do an average time search on your mission. What does it say?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 92
12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
To people who are "beaming" or spawning in a floor in mine.
I have been totally unable to replicate this.
Apparently this is a known foundry thing that sometimes happens.

I encourage dropping the mission and trying again.

Also reading the reviews before you assume that this is a mission breaking bug for everyone and rating 1 star. Many are completing it just fine and never encountering this apparent bug.
Some things we authors have no control over.
Commander
# 93
12-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Some things we authors have no control over.
Here Here! I got my mate to play through it and he kept complaining about things I couldn't help.

Plus this time around I do it all in American Spelling to stop complaints and I now get Complaints about how I phrase things!... Excuse my accent! lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lieutenant
# 94
12-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok... one piece of advice for ANYONE making a foundry mission.

You can have the BEST story, awesome fighting, great graphic design, but if you are constantly misspelling words, the review is going to be a 1 or 2.
Type stuff into Word, have it check it, open a dictionary check the meanings of words you use.
There are a couple of missions that I really liked, but the fact that they are filled with spelling errors just auto-eliminated them.

Last edited by tanadanat; 12-23-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Commander
# 95
12-24-2012, 08:14 AM
AND remember to put which system to enter in the mission brief... la la la

I spent all that time spell checking and forgot to check the Mission Brief lol
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 96
12-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanadanat View Post
Ok... one piece of advice for ANYONE making a foundry mission.

You can have the BEST story, awesome fighting, great graphic design, but if you are constantly misspelling words, the review is going to be a 1 or 2.
Type stuff into Word, have it check it, open a dictionary check the meanings of words you use.
There are a couple of missions that I really liked, but the fact that they are filled with spelling errors just auto-eliminated them.
I tend to be pretty forgiving with spelling and gramatical errors.
Such things can be fixed.
To arbitrarily rate down to a 1 or 2 just because of spelling , feels kind of ... well ... mean.

if you liked the story.
The action was good.
if It was fun.
and you still rate down to 1 or 2 stars ?

sorry , just makes no sense to me, and feels vindictive and mean.

Write a private email to the author and mention constructively about how to improve the spelling and grammar. Comment on what worked and what didn't.

getting a 1 star review with just "spelling mistakes" as a comment is a slap in the face.
1 star means the mission was broken. Spawn points were frakked up. It was boring. Etc Etc

Not just spelling mistakes.

Whatever, to each their own.
If spelling and grammar is SO overwhelming a consideration in your ratings, that's your decision. But I implore you to have a go at constructive criticism instead of "i am downrating this mission I enjoyed to a 1 star because of spelling"

Private emails work great.
Just sayin.

shaking my head in disbelief
Rihannsu
# 97
12-24-2012, 01:49 PM
To me a truckload of spelling errors is worth bumping my rating down 1 notch, I'd have to hate the mission for other reasons to 1-star it.

BTW did you fix your spawn point in Drozana? I kept spawning inside the floor....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 98
12-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
BTW did you fix your spawn point in Drozana? I kept spawning inside the floor....
I have been completely unable to replicate that. But i have heard that such a thing is a known "sometimes" bug of the Foundry. Best I can suggest is drop and retake then try again ?
I don't want to republish until the contest is over , because I have not encountered it, and a large number of people seem to complete it just fine.

After the contest is over, i will +.3 the Y and republish.
Career Officer
# 99
12-24-2012, 04:07 PM
So, Dark Alliance part 1 by @skydawn is a very fun, well put together mission.
4 or 5 stars easy.
But it has nothing to do with the challenge.
Why is it an entrant ?

It does not continue any of the Featured Episode Series, which would seem to have been the core concept behind this challenge.

Brandon ?
comment ?
Career Officer
# 100
12-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
I have been completely unable to replicate that. But i have heard that such a thing is a known "sometimes" bug of the Foundry. Best I can suggest is drop and retake then try again ?
I don't want to republish until the contest is over , because I have not encountered it, and a large number of people seem to complete it just fine.

After the contest is over, i will +.3 the Y and republish.
I got stuck too. Try putting it a 1

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan