Lieutenant
# 1 Old Ships Refit at 50 - C Shop
12-25-2012, 12:37 PM
All those ships we barely got to play as we leveled so fast.

Why not bring them back as updated variants at higher levels?

1, Gives variety and choice.
2, Lets people play as ships they saw in the series/films
3, Is a relatively easy way for PW to make money (some cash/some not)
4, Sticks more to lore as opposed to fantasy ships.

Any questions see this:

Profit?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

More seriously this seems a really simple way to bring more ships into the higher levels. More choice, with balance = a good thing. Pay for some, not pay for others, all it takes is tweaking a few numbers.

At present most cash shop ships are not worth buying as we level so fast, until the higher tiers.

Last edited by paareth; 12-25-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Captain
# 2
12-25-2012, 01:02 PM
They already did. They are called fleet ships. There is the Retrofit version which is just the ship updated to Tier 5 stats and the Fleet Retrofit version which has better stats. Some ships are missing like the TOS Constitution and other Tier 1 ships. You need to join a fleet to get these ships and the Fleet Retrofits you have to buy a C-Store item to purchase them.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
They already did. They are called fleet ships. There is the Retrofit version which is just the ship updated to Tier 5 stats and the Fleet Retrofit version which has better stats. Some ships are missing like the TOS Constitution and other Tier 1 ships. You need to join a fleet to get these ships and the Fleet Retrofits you have to buy a C-Store item to purchase them.
Ah I see, I haven't joined a fleet on either my Starfleet or klingon character that is why. Many thanks. I haven't seen much in the c-store, and I was thinking if I spend 30 pounds that is it, I have everything, which seems a bit silly. 5 pounds for extras, 25 for the only ship I want out of the 5 or so on offer at the higher tier (outside of fleet).

Just to clarify, I join a fleet, more c store options open up?
Captain
# 4
12-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paareth View Post
No.

First, Fleet Ships are CHARACTER unlocks and have to be brought with Ship Modules and Fleet Credits on the Shipyard, they are not ACCOUNT unlocks and they dont show up in the Zen Store.

Also Fleet versions are tiered to your Fleet Shipyard tier, a Fleet B'rel requires a Tier 5 Shipyard so its limited to the progress your Fleet have.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:

Yes, in a manner of speaking, there are 2 versions of each refit fleet ship from ships before tier 5, like nova, sabre etc, you can either pay 2000 c points plus 20,000 fleet credits ((20,000 is easy to get)) or 200,000 fleet credits for 9 console versions

Edit: and ya, they are character bound, which can be a reason for concern
Captain
# 6
12-25-2012, 01:25 PM
The Fleet Retrofits usually require 4 Fleet Ship Modules ($20) and 20,000 Fleet Credits, but Fleet Ship Modules can be obtained on the exchange. Last time I checked it was 5 million Energy Credits per module. Retrofits only cost 200,000 Fleet Credits so you don't need to spend zen on them. Fleet Retrofits have 10% more hull, 10% more shields, and an extra console.
Captain
# 7
12-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Ah I see, I haven't joined a fleet on either my Starfleet or klingon character that is why. Many thanks. I haven't seen much in the c-store, and I was thinking if I spend 30 pounds that is it, I have everything, which seems a bit silly. 5 pounds for extras, 25 for the only ship I want out of the 5 or so on offer at the higher tier (outside of fleet).

If you join a fleet that has a shipyard of the appropriate level and grants you purchase permission, you can then buy a Fleet Ship for that character (it isn't an account unlock). Retrofit ships cost 200k fleet credits, and slightly-better Fleet Retrofit ships cost 20k plus four Fleet Modules purchased from the Exchange or C-Store. Retrofits of T5 C-store ships that you otherwise already own cost 1 module, but all others (even ones you already own otherwise, but aren't T5 C-store) cost 4.

So lets say you want a basic Retrofit version of the Nova. You join a fleet with a shipyard and donate enough stuff that they give you buying permission. You come up with 200,000 fleet credits, go to the teller, and pick out your ship. Now you have a Nova with T5ish stats for that character only.

Alternately, same thing as above, but you want a Fleet Retrofit Nebula instead. You need a higher-level shipyard, and instead it costs you 20,000 fleet credits, plus the 4 Modules. However you already purchased the T5 C-Store version of the Nebula a few months ago. Because you own the T5 C-Store version already, it costs 20,000 credits and only 1 module instead.
Lieutenant
# 8
12-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Just a quick curious question to the OP, which ship from lower levels did you have in mind for tier 5 use?
Ensign
# 9
12-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Or just do what I suggested in one of my posts for keeping old ships alive, while still having a benefit from fleet ships. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=497821

in summary from the post: warp engines, and computer cores as separate items, allowing power improvements and better gear to be used on old vessels. Right now, I can't even survive an easy fight with those, even though the bad guys are supposed to be the same.
Captain
# 10
12-27-2012, 01:37 PM
You don't want to make every ship teir 5, that's what the fleet ships are fore and Cryptic does need to sell stuff to keep the game free to play. That said, allowing any given ship to be bumped up a single teir level for a large cost (or in place of the next free upgrade ship) would be very cool and not cause any troubles there.