Career Officer
# 1 Unfair Leaver Penalty
12-25-2012, 03:51 PM
I went and queued for Infected Space (Elite). When I entered the zone, thinking it was starting new (like it typically does), I ended up in an instance with only 1 person and the optional being failed. Knowing there was no way to continue, I left and got stuck with the 1 Hour STF Penalty.

Furthermore, the STF Penalty extends to the entire queue, which means I was prevented from doing Romulan Events, Fleet Events, or even Fleet Actions!

I find this very, very unacceptable. That I ended up with this penality for simply entering a failed instance (which the system did not close for some reason) and pretty much ruined my night (and Christmas for cryn out loud!)

Cryptic, I really hope you revise your Penalty Rules so other players do not end up with this unfortunate fate in being punished for someone elses "crime".

Last edited by azurianstar; 12-25-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
12-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Better to fight through and win (and you CAN win with two or even one )
Career Officer
# 3
12-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Better to fight through and win (and you CAN win with two or even one )
I find that hard to believe honestly. Even so, would it not depend at which point the STF was entered? If right at the start, then I refuse to believe an entire STF can be completed with a single person. I can't think of one mission (space at least) in which this would ever be possible.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Seen it done (not by me)
Cure space a last man standing finished the mission after the others quit after an optional fail

Admittedly the guy doing it is one of the meanest and most heavily armed people I know
and the mission was part way done (but as I say optional failed people bailed)
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I think the penalty is completely fair. Leavers are only slightly less disgusting than leechers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Leaver penalty is fine.

And that's from someone who leaves a lot these days. I'm tired of trolls and dumbass's screwing these things up.

I would like to have the ability to kick those trolls out though so I don't have to leave.
Captain
# 7
12-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I think the penalty is completely fair. Leavers are only slightly less disgusting than leechers.
The penalty is fair.

What's not fair is dumping players into failed runs with less than three other people still in them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I personally do find it ridiculous that they have this strict leaver penalty but as far as I can tell leechers are getting off scot free. I report them as others do but does anything really happen? I doubt it.

I think a leecher is 100x worse than a leaver.
Career Officer
# 9
12-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I think the penalty is completely fair.
Remember that when you re-log back into a STF from a server kick.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Remember that when you re-log back into a STF from a server kick.
I'll forget about it because I'll find something else to do for an hour with that character or go play STFs with an alt. Or just go play a better video game. What we desperately need to the ability to kick leachere and dumb people so the STFs don't get to the point were someone has to leave.