Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 31
12-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
Well, maybe if Siphon's cooldown were below 30 seconds or so. But to rely on a power with such a long cooldown, a 25% chance and another 25% chance for it being the right subsystem, for me this requires a lot of faith It's more than likely that you get blown out of space before all that happens. Not talking about what it takes to get a kill right inside this 5 second window.
You're right, however, he'd probably be already dead anyway. I was thinking the same thing about the 5 second window.

Last edited by rooster75; 12-26-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 32
12-26-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
The thing is this. Even if that DOff was working it only shuts the shield system down for 5 seconds even if it does happen to get a lucky proc. Those builds can't kill anything in 5 seconds time anyway.
That's what I was trying to say in a nice diplomatic manner

Meh, ninja edit
-----------------------
decker999
Join Date: Aug 2010
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 33
12-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
That's what I was trying to say in a nice diplomatic manner
Yes I had to edit it. Hope it's better now.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 34
12-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearinggravity View Post
-=Miyu's Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer Guide=-

Hi, in this guide, I will help anyone that wants to make an effective torpedo vesta.
If you have any questions, contact me in-game by messaging Miyu@fearinggravity


-=Skill Build=-

Polarize Hull is better suited for PvP in 1v1 situations, its good for breaking out of holds, and gives you more mitigation for when (if) your shields drop.

Feel free to use Hazard Emitters I instead if you are confident of relying only on the console to break holds.

For Tactical Captains:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...isablerbuild_0

For Science Captains:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...sablerbuild1_0

For Engineering Captains:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...isablerbuild_0
You really ought to think about posting these builds in the PvP section since you're looking for PvP feedback now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 35
12-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
Yes I had to edit it. Hope it's better now.
Anyway, you already said it. No synergy. He'd be better of focusing on 1 thing + heals instead of many things without heals, and maybe start learning the basics without all this special crap first.

Not sure what else could be said here.
-----------------------
decker999
Join Date: Aug 2010
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
# 36
12-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
Well, maybe if Siphon's cooldown were below 30 seconds or so. But to rely on a power with such a long cooldown, a 25% chance and another 25% chance for it being the right subsystem, for me this requires a lot of faith It's more than likely that you get blown out of space before all that happens. Not talking about what it takes to get a kill right inside this 5 second window.
Try using more than one DOFF, 2 Warp, 2 Systems, 1 subsystem targeting ought to do it, or some variance of the sort.

..The target shield ability is a gaurenteed shield strip attack. The vesta has 1.43 shield modifer, and with this build, high regen, the tanking reputation abilitys can keep it around ong enough for quite a few uses of this ability, especially in a turtleing 1v1. it can reallly mess people up, don't forget that energy siphon also grants a buff of power to yourself. Making you tank even better.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 37
12-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
Anyway, you already said it. No synergy. He'd be better of focusing on 1 thing + heals instead of many things without heals, and maybe start learning the basics without all this special crap first.

Not sure what else could be said here.
It's a sad thing that has become so common amongst players these days. I often see people with the mentality of how-much-crap-can-I-put-on-this-ship-with-nothing-that-works-together. It's not just the OP doing it. I'll never understand why. I guess it's popular because it's so pretty.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,142
# 38
12-26-2012, 07:06 AM
even if that doff would be more efficent and the window without shields bigger, etc, etc

does he really think a cannon scatter volley or torp spread wouldn't take out all his targetable projectiles?
i mean, it would take a lot of luck for that highyield torpedos and mines to actually do any dmg already as they are.
especially in a 1vs1 i see no chance for a tric mine even hitting me, or anybody else with atleast mediocre skill.
an escort will porbably tear him to peaces before any mine or highyield torpedo actually reached the target.

and the plasma dot? well my HE1 runs for 15 sec and has a 45 sec cd...i doubt that 30 seconds dots ticking is really enough to be threatening to ships with more than 40k HP total. Not even mentioning any other heal that might be triggered or used in the meantime.

*edit: had the wrong HE CD
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 12-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 39
12-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearinggravity View Post

..The target shield ability is a gaurenteed shield strip attack.
No it's not. It has a chance to knock a facing offline and adds to a beam attacks shield penetrating power. It can also decrease the power level but never guarantees that shields go down. At least, not since Target Shields 3 back in Season 4. That thing was borked as heck.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
# 40
12-26-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
It's a sad thing that has become so common amongst players these days. I often see people with the mentality of how-much-crap-can-I-put-on-this-ship-with-nothing-that-works-together. It's not just the OP doing it. I'll never understand why. I guess it's popular because it's so pretty.
it actually works in PvP. it synergizes well, I fail to see why it doesnt? decompiler buffs 3 of the things being used.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.