Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lieutenant
# 1 Follow option
12-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Hello.

Since I fly a heal boat I normally want to stay close to the cruiser/tank and ensure that they and the other teammates stay alive to do damage.

The FOLLOW feature could help with this if it worked a little better.

From what I can tell the command does work fine so long as I don't touch any controls. For example, at the start of a fleet mark run mission where everyone warps in, if I choose a teammate, my ship will start matching his course and speed. But, if I make any manual changes to flight direction or speed the ability to match speed stops working for the rest of the mission. I can still follow someone but I'm unable to match their speed.

Ideally, it'd be great if matching course and speed worked throughout the entire mission. It'd be even better if I could position my ship near someone and then I would stay in that position. For example, if I were to put my ship and little high and to the right of another ship at a distance of 2km, I would stay in that position and that distance; formation flying for lack of a better term. As it is now, the follow command only allows me to stay directly behind them.

Thanks...