Career Officer
# 21
12-26-2012, 11:00 AM
starchart: iconia is listed twice, once on the game map in former romulan space, the other is way off omega leonis.

shipcharts: 1) the grappler listed on all cruisers is misleading imo, as it implies the grappler is built into the cruisers or comes equipped with it. in actuality, only those who have the NX class (whether as a stand alone purchase or part of the ENT bundle) can use the grappler, and even then the grappler is universal and can be used on any ship, not just the cruiser class.

2) The use of "marks" is outdated and misleading. marks are now a thing of the past (minus the omega and romulan marks) and have been replaced with dilithum, as is the notion of buying ships using energy credits. Again, ships now cost dilithum or zen, not marks, not energy credits, not cryptic points.

3) Arrangement and organization needs attention. Quite frankly, the ships are listed in order of function and rank, but variants are slightly mishy mashy and helter skelter. You should split the ship charts into faction specific, separate charts. It would help with the arrangement issue somewhat, but that's my opinion.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ

Last edited by a3001; 12-26-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
12-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
shipcharts: 1) the grappler listed on all cruisers is misleading imo, as it implies the grappler is built into the cruisers or comes equipped with it. in actuality, only those who have the NX class (whether as a stand alone purchase or part of the ENT bundle) can use the grappler, and even then the grappler is universal and can be used on any ship, not just the cruiser class.

2) The use of "marks" is outdated and misleading. marks are now a thing of the past (minus the omega and romulan marks) and have been replaced with dilithum, as is the notion of buying ships using energy credits. Again, ships now cost dilithum or zen, not marks, not energy credits, not cryptic points.

3) Arrangement and organization needs attention. Quite frankly, the ships are listed in order of function and rank, but variants are slightly mishy mashy and helter skelter. You should split the ship charts into faction specific, separate charts. It would help with the arrangement issue somewhat, but that's my opinion.
The shipcharts need 'alot' of love, I kind of gave up on them a while ago as the variants and lockbox ships started to get added, since they started to complicate things. I was working on a new version that was simpler but then the fleet ships then got added and at that point I realized the entire tier system was to messy to actually make a nice simple diagram of!

I might update the ship charts again, but it won't be for a while I don't think. If I do, I'll still keep them as Klingon and Federation ships together though, since it helps show the equievelent ships of the enemy faction. As you can tell by your comments, things get outdated so fast when maintaining these charts!

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 23
12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
As you can tell by your comments, things get outdated so fast when maintaining these charts!
yes, i can imagine any such endeavor can be easily overloaded, as evidenced by spidermitch.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Ensign
# 24
05-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Keeping this thread up to date is clearly a lot of work, so I did this for you. May I suggest you add it to your original post?

WEAPON TYPE FIRING ARC
Mine Launcher N/A
Dual Cannon 45
Dual Heavy Cannon 45
Dual Beam Bank 90
Torpedo Launcher 90
Cannon 180
Missile 180
Beam Array 250
Turret 360
Commander
# 25
05-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Thank you so much for the star chart.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
06-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Updated the starchart for the Legacy of Romulas, including the new Dilithium mine fleet holding.

Still not sure if I want to redo the ship tier charts or not, if I redo them it would have to be an entirely new format due to all the new ships in the game these days.

Last edited by suricatta; 06-20-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
07-19-2014, 02:13 AM
I'm doing a redesign of my starcharts to take into account the changes to the exploration clusters and to prepare for the expansion. Due to this I'm looking at feedback to what information players may deem useful on the map, or even feedback on features people may feel could be altered to make it easier to use. For example should I retain the current style, or go with something closer to the current ingame map (style wise, not content wise).

So feel free to give suggestions below. :-)

Commander
# 28
07-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
I'm doing a redesign of my starcharts to take into account the changes to the exploration clusters and to prepare for the expansion. Due to this I'm looking at feedback to what information players may deem useful on the map, or even feedback on features people may feel could be altered to make it easier to use. For example should I retain the current style, or go with something closer to the current ingame map (style wise, not content wise).

So feel free to give suggestions below. :-)
Map!!? why would I need a map in STO. With all the Ques this is pretty my a lobby based game. I never leave ESD now.
"Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"