Career Officer
# 31
12-25-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm actually really interested about the C-Store Negh'var mentioned:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/stat...84973482004480
@TerilynnS ships we are thinking about for this year: 2nd Andorian, telerite, new Vulcan, xindi (rep, aqu, ?), cstore negvar, maybe hirogen.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Career Officer
# 32
12-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm with Roach on this one. Wait and see, hope for the best and enjoy what we have. The KDF, even with the few missions there are, have the best campaign missions out there. The faction has come very very far since launch an from her it can only improve. Its important to make your voice herd but at the same time some patience is prudent. Its coming, all the signs are there and the twitter leaks are only the beginning.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
Empire Veteran
# 33
12-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
To all KDF players,
I'm going to say this as nicely as possible. Stop all your whining, ********, moaning, and gripping about the lack of KDF content and instead use that time to get off your asses and get more people interested in playing the KDF.
Cryptic is a company that just so happens to develop games, and games aren't exactly cheap to make, hell their electric bill alone would make most people want to cry. That said, they have to balance player wants with what will make them money to keep development going. Fact is not only is the KDF not making them money, but as has been stated they have lost money on the KDF. And please enough with the "if you build it they will come" BS, chances are they won't. If you really want KDF content then where are the forum petitions to get cryptic to port really well made foundry missions into the official episodes, where is the push to get more people interested in the KDF, and where are the discussions both from KDF and NON-KDF players on what needs to be changed and why they don't play KDF so that can be looked at.
Yes Cryptic wanted a KDF faction ready to go pre-launch well welcome to the real world sh%$ happens. The Biggest downfall to anything Klingon is that they are like the Borg, they've been used so much and for so long there really isn't anything new to them, and to be honest they aren't really all that interesting.
If season 8 has the KDF content you're all dreaming of them good on you and I'll be happy for you, but if not then why not really take a step back and see what you can constructively do, seeing as the same old whine, *****, moan, grip isn't getting you anywhere other than really putting people off the idea of playing as a KDF more than anything. Simple fact Star Trek is about humans interacting with aliens, and other than a very small percentage of players that is being mirrored here as well. Time for a new strategy guys.
Really Voicedark..if theres no content to hold the players interest it doesn't matter how much we do as player to promote KDF numbers. If the content isn't there, they don't stay..

Or in other words, we've tried that.. doesn't seem to work either.

and the lack of CONTENT has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the lack of work and development by the studio.. There is no other multifaction MMO that I know of where this sort of situation has happened.. most definatly none of the major playors in any of the MMO's have a half a faction running around in thier game.

why shouldn't KDF players want the same options and play value as the fed faction?

And after 3 years of STO all we have left is posting and ******** about it. SO if you just happen to have something in the way of a suggestion that actually WORKS (which you obviously dont!), other then stating the obvious that WE ALL KNOW..then your post is a waste of space..

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 34
12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
To be honest, if they go through with all of those new Feddy ships I may stop blowing my Dil gained Zen on keys.
# 35
12-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Really Voicedark..if theres no content to hold the players interest it doesn't matter how much we do as player to promote KDF numbers. If the content isn't there, they don't stay..

Or in other words, we've tried that.. doesn't seem to work either.

and the lack of CONTENT has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the lack of work and development by the studio.. There is no other multifaction MMO that I know of where this sort of situation has happened.. most definatly none of the major playors in any of the MMO's have a half a faction running around in thier game.

why shouldn't KDF players want the same options and play value as the fed faction?

And after 3 years of STO all we have left is posting and ******** about it. SO if you just happen to have something in the way of a suggestion that actually WORKS (which you obviously dont!), other then stating the obvious that WE ALL KNOW..then your post is a waste of space..

Khemaraa sends
Some of my favorite games are multi-faction games, and if what you got from my post was that the KDF is the red-headed step child that should just be locked away and forgotten about then I apologize because you misunderstood what I meant.
As you've said the game has been around for almost 3 years now, and in 3 ears Cryptic hasn't really done anything to really interest players in playing the KDF faction, and that's why I said it's really up to the KDF players to finally do something about that. Pretty much the second you log in or load up one of the HUB areas of the game, you'll see fleet recruitment messages in zone chat. So again one of my suggestions is to try to recruit players to play the KDF like you recruit for factions.
Throughout the forums I have given numerous suggestions on how the KDF faction could be made stronger and how it would be possible to get more people interested in playing it. The lack of content isn't the only issue, as many people have stated the HUD coloring is painful to look at for long periods of time. To be honest the Qo'nos map is like an emergency shanty town that was just thrown together without rhyme or reason to function and we all know how important first impressions are.
Unlike Garek boasting about Cardassian artists, the Klingons have a rich cultural hostory that they don't openly acknowledge to outsiders, but it does exist. This should really be showcased by the grandeur of the first city on Qo'nos, but isn't, and Cryptic seems to only focus on the warrior side of the race.
The point is some things really do have to be addressed by Cryptic, but there are other things that the KDF fans CAN do to constructively help.
Commander
# 36
12-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
As you've said the game has been around for almost 3 years now, and in 3 ears Cryptic hasn't really done anything to really interest players in playing the KDF faction, and that's why I said it's really up to the KDF players to finally do something about that. Pretty much the second you log in or load up one of the HUB areas of the game, you'll see fleet recruitment messages in zone chat. So again one of my suggestions is to try to recruit players to play the KDF like you recruit for factions.

And the player organised "KDF month" thing every year doesn't count?

Your solution to the problem seems to be Spamming ESD general chat? I'm sure that will go down well.
Plus its pretty pointless as the new players have to wait until level 20+ before they can roll a KDF character.
Captain
# 37
12-26-2012, 11:59 AM
I expect lots of cool things for Feds and nothing for KDF but empty promises.

If more happens, I will be pleasantly shocked.
Career Officer
# 38
12-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
I've heard that one. My version of it is from J.M. Ford's "Final Reflection" as stated by Captain Krenn of the IKV Mirror.

possibly my favorite tale of Klingon life ever written.. it's an original universe pre-TOS story.
Though i'm not a vey committed Klingon, my character is Krenn and really surprised more don't know this story.

It had a very good plausible explanation for the difference between the TOS looking Klingons and the movie Klingons which I wish they'd incorporated to canon, for a time it was considered canon till the later series killed it.

Just 1 reason to get it now, immediately and oh yeah it has some space combat stuff.

Kai-Epetai Thought Admiral.

If there could be a Final Reflection Fleet that would be cool to see.
Lieutenant
# 39
12-26-2012, 01:17 PM
We hope to have full KDF faction finished for Season 8, playable from level 0, that lead to a fully Open PvP Dedicated Season 9.

Until that, this game's still a beta.
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Commander
# 40
12-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Leeks ?