Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 723
# 161
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
you mean like all the big pvp communities and subnuke doffs premades and others that you yourself are probably guilty of just as well as everyone else.

and also your reading comprehension is terrible that or you are not catching my drift the pvper cummunty is suggesting PDS to give pvers a hard time.it doesn't go through and a few of those less than useful players might rage quite you put the PDS through and you will lose a lot of pvers not just a few.

it will hurt the bottom line of PWE.

i don't pvp much these days not because i won't win but rather i do not wana deal with arrogant people like you.
Who said PvPers want the PDS on NPC's?

We don't care, that's NPC's.

Personally, I think it's a mistake.

All they need to do is fix the 1crit, they all Crit. Or, decouple the dispersal patterns from tric mines (if they do that, they should not decrease the damage or MES values)
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,316
# 162
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omeganights84 View Post
You may be right, considering the only reasons I can think of for carebears to be in this subforum are to 1) instigate; or 2) weigh in on threads describing changes that would affect all gameplay modes but are inexplicably posted in the PvP subforum. Obviously, I would be in the latter party.
You bring up a good point there, which invalidates what I said to an extent. There's definitely that chance for the vitriol to spill over to folks that were not intent upon spewing it in the first place.

Thomas comes to the PvP forums - spewing vitriol. Richard from the PvP forums, returns the favor in kind. Harold comes to the PvP forums, having followed the Dev Stalker or just seeing the thread and posts his thoughts. Richard, still fuming after what Thomas said - lashes out at Harold as well.

Yep, I've seen that. I've tried to point it out when I see it. Thomas deserves it - Harold doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeganights84 View Post
Conversely, I'm not sure where you're going with the sun thing or how it applies to me. What I know about Tricobs is what I gained using them for a short period of time with no specialization whatsoever and what I've read/watched from this thread. I'm not one to take anything anyone says as gospel, but if my knowledge of something is limited then it's only logical to default to information provided by others with more experience.
I had tried to break that down into a separate paragraph, because it was no longer applying to you - it was more a general statement about what people think of the PvP forums, folks that PvP, etc, etc, etc. There are quite a few things said about both that are mind boggling. So it's one of those things that they've heard somebody say it and it's become the truth for them, regardless of what the truth may be. That wasn't directed at you specifically, and I should have done a better job at making it clear that was a general statement (I'll go back and add a disclaimer to it so that's clear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeganights84 View Post
Regardless of any of that, this thread definitely has me at Red Alert since I was looking at buying that Hyper Plasma Torp... gonna have to put that off for a bit now, since its future will be mighty bleak if that PDS garbage is implemented.
Yeah, I'm not sure I've seen anybody in favor of the PDS thing.

They Hyper, any THY targetable, pets, all the other mines, etc, etc, etc, etc - everything that has nothing to do with Tric Mines - would be affected - so many things.

It's bad enough how often some of the things out there can FAWspam - but add in a PDS? That's just insane...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,316
# 163
12-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
All they need to do is fix the 1crit, they all Crit. Or, decouple the dispersal patterns from tric mines (if they do that, they should not decrease the damage or MES values)
Pretty sure that every single Tric Mine thread I've seen here has come down to those two things: DPB + Crit Chains.

All the other stuff surrounding them, has been cleared away as mesmerizing fluff detracting from the issue of the DPB + Crit Chains.

It's been the constant feedback...that's been constantly ignored.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,316
# 164
12-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
and also your reading comprehension is terrible that or you are not catching my drift the pvper cummunty is suggesting PDS to give pvers a hard time.
Wow, really? You're suggesting that the PvP community wants Cryptic to spend time implementing PDS to give PvE folks a more difficult time... nope, nothing to do with reading comprehension there in the least. That's one of those things that I would have never thought anybody would be stupid or insane enough to suggest. Not calling you stupid nor insane, mind you - it's just that I would have never guessed that somebody would be stupid or insane enough to suggest.

How do people that PvP get their gear? Oh, they PvE?
How do people that PvP tend to farm? Oh, they PvE?
Yeah, it's a PvE game where almost everything is centered around PvE...duh.

So wait a second here - it's not really a case that it's PvE vs. PvP at all is it?

No, it's the folks that PvE but do not PvP vs. the folks that PvE and PvP...

So you're suggesting that those folks that PvE (and PvP) suggested (nowhere to be seen) to Cryptic that they spend time (that the PvP folks have been asking to be spent elsewhere) on adding PDS to NPCs so that the PvE folks (that don't PvP) will have a hard time... even though, that would also mean a hard time for the PvE folks (that do PvP) when they PvE?

I would have never guessed that...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8
# 165
12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Wow, really? You're suggesting that the PvP community wants Cryptic to spend time implementing PDS to give PvE folks a more difficult time... nope, nothing to do with reading comprehension there in the least. That's one of those things that I would have never thought anybody would be stupid or insane enough to suggest. Not calling you stupid nor insane, mind you - it's just that I would have never guessed that somebody would be stupid or insane enough to suggest.

How do people that PvP get their gear? Oh, they PvE?
How do people that PvP tend to farm? Oh, they PvE?
Yeah, it's a PvE game where almost everything is centered around PvE...duh.

So wait a second here - it's not really a case that it's PvE vs. PvP at all is it?

No, it's the folks that PvE but do not PvP vs. the folks that PvE and PvP...

So you're suggesting that those folks that PvE (and PvP) suggested (nowhere to be seen) to Cryptic that they spend time (that the PvP folks have been asking to be spent elsewhere) on adding PDS to NPCs so that the PvE folks (that don't PvP) will have a hard time... even though, that would also mean a hard time for the PvE folks (that do PvP) when they PvE?

I would have never guessed that...
This is a post that deserves applause.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 349
# 166
12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This behavior does exist, and it a concern that's not being ignored. To be clear, it's existed since Launch, but has been amplified by Tricobalt Mines due to the massive amount of damage they can deal on a crit.

We've requested this to become a high priority for our Software team. But to be honest, there are a vast number of issues that are "high priority" on their list right now. As such, we (the Systems Team) can't guarantee any sort of timeline on a fix.
Between the old "Imbued summons" exploit in Champions Online and the Tricobalt Mine problem here in Star Trek Online, I think you guys need to tackle this immediately. It's a critical flaw in the engine and it needs to be addressed at some point. It's done nothing but cause problems for both of your games and headaches for the designers who had to scramble to pick up the mess. It's no exaggeration that, if you guys fixed this engine flaw, this Tricobalt Mine problem would cease to exist.

Last edited by starboardnacelle; 12-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 248
# 167
12-26-2012, 05:20 PM
well borticus pulled the PDS from somewhere and no self respecting pver would have ill succeed borts just plain mad.

and yes im insane i play sto ;-)
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,316
# 168
12-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
well borticus pulled the PDS from somewhere and no self respecting pver would have ill succeed borts just plain mad.

and yes im insane i play sto ;-)
You know, I was thinking about it - there was the suggestion from a few folks to give NPCs everything that players have. One could take that as giving PDS to NPCs... so you know, could entirely blame those PvP folks for that.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 169
12-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Hello everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
All they need to do is fix the 1crit, they all Crit. Or, decouple the dispersal patterns from tric mines (if they do that, they should not decrease the damage or MES values)
Brandonfl, can you say if this opinion is only yours or if it's the pretty much same for all Sad Pandas or/and others PvP_Fleets like some we can see here (TSI, TRH, etc...) ?
I ask that because if the "all crit hits" is removed I wanted to know if I can fit tricomines on my ship without be considered like a person using OP/I-win things in PvP.

Of course I know maybe you don't have the answer to my question, and others readers can give their opinions if they want.

Regards.


P.S. : Sorry if this message seems weird but my English knowledge is poor...
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 723
# 170
12-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5xx View Post
Hello everyone,


Brandonfl, can you say if this opinion is only yours or if it's the pretty much same for all Sad Pandas or/and others PvP_Fleets like some we can see here (TSI, TRH, etc...) ?
I ask that because if the "all crit hits" is removed I wanted to know if I can fit tricomines on my ship without be considered like a person using OP/I-win things in PvP.

Of course I know maybe you don't have the answer to my question, and others readers can give their opinions if they want.

Regards.


P.S. : Sorry if this message seems weird but my English knowledge is poor...
I'll just quote virusdancer, because what he said is pretty much true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Pretty sure that every single Tric Mine thread I've seen here has come down to those two things: DPB + Crit Chains.

All the other stuff surrounding them, has been cleared away as mesmerizing fluff detracting from the issue of the DPB + Crit Chains.

It's been the constant feedback...that's been constantly ignored.
I think fixing those issues would make most PvPers happy.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 AM.