Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
Fleetmate of mine is swapping out his [borg] weaponry on his Fleet Tor'kaht for some Fleet Weaponry: 3x Disruptor DHCs and 1x Quantum Torps.

Question is in the thread title: better to go [ACC] or [CrtD] on those Dirsuptor DHCs?

Yes, [ACC] can add into crit chance and severity when you exceed targets' defense value, but: with just one [ACC] modifier, is that enough to get a magnitude of crit bonus that would make it more desirable than [CrtD] versus a typical STF PvE target?

I was leaning towards [ACC], but am honestly just speculating. Anyone have a more informed opinion on this?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,418
# 2
12-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidesscion View Post
Fleetmate of mine is swapping out his [borg] weaponry on his Fleet Tor'kaht for some Fleet Weaponry: 3x Disruptor DHCs and 1x Quantum Torps.

Question is in the thread title: better to go [ACC] or [CrtD] on those Dirsuptor DHCs?

Yes, [ACC] can add into crit chance and severity when you exceed targets' defense value, but: with just one [ACC] modifier, is that enough to get a magnitude of crit bonus that would make it more desirable than [CrtD] versus a typical STF PvE target?

I was leaning towards [ACC], but am honestly just speculating. Anyone have a more informed opinion on this?
Yes. Keep the Borg Weaponry.

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 3
12-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Yes. Keep the Borg Weaponry.

Cheers and happy flying!
To keep the [Borg] proc that doesn't work?

I'd go for [Acc]. Yes, your crits won't hit as hard, but you'll get more of them, plus the added bonus of more shots in general hitting the target.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,691
# 4
12-26-2012, 07:22 PM
The [Borg] proc works just fine.....on most borg ships lol.

ACC is only really good if your doing PVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 5
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
The [Borg] proc works just fine.....on most borg ships lol.
No, it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,418
# 6
12-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
To keep the [Borg] proc that doesn't work?

I'd go for [Acc]. Yes, your crits won't hit as hard, but you'll get more of them, plus the added bonus of more shots in general hitting the target.
It is confusing. It doesn't help that the tooltips show you info that may not be accurate.

But let's go with the Borticus quote and do it one better. Let's say the borg bit never works at all. Not sometimes, not in wierd ways, just not at all. Let's also say that acc is a desirable stat in PVE.

First off, we don't know what Mk Borg weps he has. If we are talking about going from MK X or XI even, to the MK XII Advanced Fleet I think its about 50 dps on the tooltip base damage from X to the XII and about 30 dps to go from XI to XII. (DHC's). I don't have any MK XII borg stuff to compare to, but I imagine it is less.

Borg weps, or at least the ones I have, have crit hit and acc. So I guess they all do. Could be wrong there I only checked one toon. I know advanced Fleet weps only come in the damage flavor plus one other trait.

So you're going to lose one or two traits that you already have. And since this thread so far believes in the acc and crit hit stats increasing hits and crit hits you would have to think that unless your weapons were the dire MK X borg there wouldn't be any pressing reason to move up to advanced fleet to pick up a bit of dmg rating and lose accuracy or crit hit rating.

Unless of course you were going to pick up some Crit D items. It is far easier to lower someones defense, yes even NPC's, than it is to increase your accuracy. That may be a good route to take to increase damage dealt.

But really without a lot more info this entire exercise is just a guess. I do great in normals with MK X Borg. I use Advanced Fleet crit d for my romulan events and PVP. I do ok in PVP too.


Cheers happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
# 7
12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks for responses.

Sorry, should've clarified: he is using mk xii borg weaponry.

I'd heard (at least maybe before last patch?) that the [borg] proc was still firing. Even if that's the case, safe to assume it won't continue to be that way if it still is.

Since hitting the target in PvE is not really a problem, I think I like the argument about lowering targets' defense. Will have to talk with my fleetmate to see if he's setup for that. Are you talking just snares (i.e. grav well, warp plasma, etc)?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 8
12-27-2012, 12:05 AM
I think APB was being referenced more than anything. Also I say keep the borg weaponry. It's good mk XII blue stuff. The borg proc works fine on most non-structure borg. I would know, last night got a nice chain of 8 procs almost simultaneously. Imagine the surprise of the FTER when an Oddy drew aggro off of it XD.

But tbh, the acc + crth is worth more than the dmgx3 + acc/crtd. You will lose out on some DPS, but the potential for damage is higher with the regular mk XII borg weapons.

Also on a side note: most borg torps are crth + crtd, not crth + acc. Or that's how mine are... weird neh? XD.

On another side note: the REAL reason cryptic took out the STF shop is because it was too easy to get decent weapons (you could get mk XII blue weapons with ease) and too cheap. They wanted us to play things like fleet actions for our good weapons and good shields/engines/deflectors. So under that bull of taking it out because of the [borg] proc, they forced us to do fleet actions and such to get good equipment.

Just a thought.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by hereticknight085; 12-27-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 120
# 9
12-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Well I use alot of [Borg] Mk XIIs and have found the following about the torps:

They seem to *always* do the 1000 damage (apparently unmodifiable by AP:A or GDF or TacFleet), but the 1000 damage is assessed as soon as the torp is fired, while the remainder of the torp damage does not get shown until the torp lands. This is very easy to see when you use a Torp Spread in an STF... yellow "1000"s pop up all over the place and then you see a bunch of silver torpedoes fly around towards the borg.

And iirc, my MkXII Quantums are all [CrtH][CrtD][Borg]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 10
12-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Without getting into facts that are in question, and being a PVE player only, I can say that fleet weapons work just fine. Of the 5 ships I fly (3xescorts, cruiser, and a sci) all have fleet weapons with different secondary procs and all are effective. TBH, I swapped out the Borg XII because I wanted to try something new, and I haven't been let down in the change.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.