Career Officer
reason this is posted here is it consists of other games other then star trek online.

i am wondering, about a game that died before it launched. star trek infinity- it was suppose to be a browser based game and f2p. similar to battlestar gallactica.
for the mmorpg players you know what im talking about.
since the game did not launch and the people are probably moved on to another game or project- the ideas that game had can star trek online steal them? i realise it might not be correct thing to do but like infinity, star trek online pays CBS for the licence.
if it is in the best interest of sto not to do that, then how about recruiting there programers and story tellers? one of the very good ideas they had was fleet star bases before cryptic finally came up with them in season 6. i realise that the stories was based in a different time period but sto has something that no other game has- the foundry. anything can happen in the foundry. like have them make missions and give ideas on how to make sto better.

speaking of the foundry- why not give authors of acceptable missions free gold membership for x amount of missions?
Captain
# 2
12-26-2012, 10:01 PM
It...... wasn't very good.

It was basically a top down arcade style shooter with Star Trek ships. There isn't much to steal from what I've seen.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 3
12-26-2012, 10:28 PM
What I understood about Infinite Space was that it was set during the previous Dominion War. 30+ years previous to STO's storyline. That history has already been addressed and revisited through an STO featured episode series. I'm not sure any content would break any new ground in STO. The real assets that game has are the voice-overs by Nana Visitor and Rene Auberjonois. Even if CBS owns the voice-overs and would make them available to Cryptic, I can't be confident any of that dialogue could be of any use for STO.

Same thing happened many years ago when The Secret of Vulcan's Fury was cancelled before completion. There are voice-over files somewhere with all the original cast that will likely never be heard.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Career Officer
# 4
12-26-2012, 10:29 PM
stories, ideas. the people who created them. they already had idea of fleet star bases.

i wonder if CBS could offer cryptic/perfect world the voice overs. that would be cool. the content that was in the games might not have been sto compatible but the authors were good and i think would be a good fit for sto.

Last edited by origcaptainquack; 12-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.