Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 11
12-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Hmmmm... No patch notes eh? Probably due to the Devs Christmas break.
Bingo!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 12
12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Bingo!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So this pretty much puts to rest the rumor that The Devs are actually sweat-shop programmers chained to computer desks in a code-factory somewhere over-seas and the "Dev Posts" are just clever PR by Brandon.

That leaves the rumors that The Devs are actually an infinite number of monkeys or other intelligent simians on an equally infinite number of computers banging out code. See, PITA insists that all animal "employees" get time off equal to that of a "typical human worker."

We'll have to debunk that one later, I'm busy STF'n. Happy Impending New Year everyone.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 13
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post

That leaves the rumors that The Devs are actually an infinite number of monkeys or other intelligent simians on an equally infinite number of computers banging out code. See, PITA insists that all animal "employees" get time off equal to that of a "typical human worker."
I highly doubt that is true. I mean, if cryptic had those kind of resources, I am sure they could not only finish the Klingon faction, but probably get the Romulan and Cardassian factions out as well. In actuality I am sure the number is closer to a few thousand or so.
Career Officer
# 14
12-26-2012, 09:56 PM
this is probably related to the connectivity issues we've been experiencing this week....so, backend maintenance
Career Officer
# 15
12-26-2012, 10:08 PM
We did get a patch this week, but they crammed it into last week's so we could have it over the holiday weekend - hence the huge patch list last week.
Captain
# 16
12-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Being that we've gotten a patch every week now for several weeks, i'd like to assume that the very next patch will be somewhat larger than expected (since this weeks maintenance doesn't include a new patch).

Or it could be that the Cryptic offices are located in an area where Christmas or any variety of Winter Holiday is observed and as such was either mostly closed or staffed by a skeleton crew and as such there wasn't any patch work done.
Republic Veteran
# 17
12-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I highly doubt that is true. I mean, if cryptic had those kind of resources, I am sure they could not only finish the Klingon faction, but probably get the Romulan and Cardassian factions out as well. In actuality I am sure the number is closer to a few thousand or so.

So we can put the rumor that Cryptic is actually run by a bunch of trained chips to rest?
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 18
12-26-2012, 11:45 PM
So there will still be a patch before the event ends? I was hoping only one patch before it ends, but dang.
Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
Commander
# 19
12-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bron View Post
So there will still be a patch before the event ends? I was hoping only one patch before it ends, but dang.
what event?
Career Officer
# 20
12-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
what event?
The winter wonderland event...
Closed Thread