Career Officer
# 1 Free torpedo launcher?
12-24-2012, 06:39 AM
There's a banner on the splash page that is advertising "FREE TORPEDO LAUNCHER WHEN YOU LOG IN!" Is this only for people creating new accounts, or can anyone get this? If so, how do you claim it?
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 2
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
you should definately download adblock for firefox...and never ever look at that scam again
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 3
12-24-2012, 11:02 AM
and run malewarebytes/download and run a quick scan and why would you want a free torpedo launcher? you can reply a mission to get one if your down on ec
EDIT and if you did click it then logged in change password for here i hope yousee this before...

Last edited by loverofwars; 12-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Captain
# 4
12-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Here is the info on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The promotion is here: https://register.perfectworld.com/sto_splash

New players who register will have a code emailed to them, along with redemption instructions -- redeeming this code will grant the player an account-wide unlock for a [Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk II [Acc] [Dmg]]. It can be claimed via the in-game C-Store, under the 'Items' tab. It's also bound and worth no Energy Credits upon deletion, but it's pretty nifty for new players in their starting levels.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Not worth it IMO for anyone that has played the game for more than 10 hours. Guess it would be good for people just starting the game. It seems like it is for players that have just started playing this game so anyone that has played for over a month is ineligible for it.
Ensign
# 5
12-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I just created an account and will be a first time player once my game finished patching! I received a registration bonus giving me a promo code to claim my Mark II Quantum Torpedo Launcher.
Career Officer
# 6
12-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Tactically speaking, at that tier you are better off sticking with regular photons. Even with the free starter ship your turn rate is pretty excellent to take advantage of the photon's higher rate of fire and DPS.
Career Officer
# 7 Thanks!
12-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Here is the info on it.
Thanks starkaos! I missed that post by BranFlakes. That explains why I couldn't get anything, not a new player.

Oh well, guess I'm not really missing anything. I wasn't expecting something great, but hey -- free is free.
Career Officer
# 8
12-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
Thanks starkaos! I missed that post by BranFlakes. That explains why I couldn't get anything, not a new player.

Oh well, guess I'm not really missing anything. I wasn't expecting something great, but hey -- free is free.
Another false advertisement, that alienates the current players and payers of this game.
Shakes head in disappointment, it sure look to me that anyone should be able to claim the launcher upon logging as it states so clear as day.
Career Officer
# 9 Oops
12-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
Another false advertisement, that alienates the current players and payers of this game.
Shakes head in disappointment, it sure look to me that anyone should be able to claim the launcher upon logging as it states so clear as day.
It should have said "Free Torpedo Launcher For Registering". That would have avoided the confusion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
12-27-2012, 02:57 AM
this is bad i discard my own quantum and both disappeared now i cant reclaim torp again they need to put option to reclaim torpedo again if i discarded or something as when i discard "Console - Tactical - Automated Defense Turret" and i can reclaim again
Closed Thread