Captain
# 11
12-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I find that hard to believe honestly. Even so, would it not depend at which point the STF was entered? If right at the start, then I refuse to believe an entire STF can be completed with a single person. I can't think of one mission (space at least) in which this would ever be possible.
you can solo ise, if you know what you are doing. I know ppl, who could solo ise, for optional.
so in the end, it is op's fault, that he left, and didnt finish
Lt. Commander
# 12 Leaver's penalty
12-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Hello,

I've noticed that increasingly players are bailing out of the two fleet mark events Federation Fleet Alert and Federation Starbase Blockade. I'm not going to guess why this is happening, but it seems to coincide with the action getting heavy, which it almost always does. At least one, or as many as 3 leavers is becoming common. I suggest adding a 1-hour penalty for this behavior, as is standard.

Also, about these two maps, how about normal and elite versions? Until I looked at the requirements, I was constantly amazed to see light cruisers show up. As it is now, it isn't fair to those of us who use these maps to generate a stream of fleet marks to have functionaly useless ships as part of the team. VA only maps would help to ameliorate this situation.
Captain
# 13
12-27-2012, 01:39 AM
This belongs in the PvE forum, not the Federation Gameplay forum.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 14
12-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Unless there is a normal and elite versions I would not support a leaver penalty for these maps. When I show up in a fleet alert or blockade, look around and see 2 LTs, a Cmdr, and a Captain I leave without hesitation. Why should I stay, carry these lower ranks through, get fewer marks, and then get stuck with cooldown? Better off leaving and queuing again.

Something similar to the starbase 24 setup, with different queues for different ranks, would sure be nice for these maps.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
12-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Normal VA level

Elite lower rank levels
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
Unless there is a normal and elite versions I would not support a leaver penalty for these maps. When I show up in a fleet alert or blockade, look around and see 2 LTs, a Cmdr, and a Captain I leave without hesitation. Why should I stay, carry these lower ranks through, get fewer marks, and then get stuck with cooldown? Better off leaving and queuing again.

Something similar to the starbase 24 setup, with different queues for different ranks, would sure be nice for these maps.
Thanks for the clarity. If you feel this way, why even join? Assuming that you're a member of a fleet, perhaps it would be better to join as part of fleet only group. As it is, you're screwing anyone who stays in search of as close to a sure thing as you can get. I'd be willing to bet that you don't play it this fast and loose with a 1-hour CD as punishment, which is a major argument for penalties on ALL endgame maps. Saying that you're "better off" behaving this way is pure selfishness, and no better than leaving because things don't look good.

IMO, these maps were configured this way in a cheap-to-implement effort to give non-VA's a way to FM's. Penalties, with elite/normal versions would correct the situation for the good of all.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
12-27-2012, 06:57 AM
nah i think only stfs should have leavers pen and if people leave in onslaught elite they should be banned from loggin onto the server for 2 hrs. frikken cry babys they die a few times and QQ then the whole group is stick for the whole match trying to 2-3 man it.

also for the love of baby jesus pls CRYPTIC pls make it so people can join after some quitters have bailed. why lock it out so no one can join specialy ground thats the worst for bail outs
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-27-2012, 07:59 AM
This would be easily solved by having people queue to new missions instead of existing ones. If we wanted to do existing missions, we'd go to the Join Existing tab. Popping us into existing missions is useless and just pisses everyone off.
Lieutenant
# 19 knuckle down
12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I have been a victim of this type of problem. Que a new mission and get thrown into a fail with 1 other guy.

We stayed, got our loot, and closed out the instance.

What I would like to see, is give me the loot portions of the leavers. Leave the punishment in place. It is an irritating thing to be thrown into a losing round, but you can win it. And then you having bragging rights on your ship.

Which leads to a new accolade, for finishing a losing battle. "Never give up, Never surrender."
Captain
# 20
12-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Some of this behavior is due to accolade hunters. If they don't get the enemy they're looking for they leave and try again.