Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 226
# 31
12-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Probably not going to see a big patch until Winter Wonderlands done.
We are now in a gaming paradox created by Cryptic/PWE...

"You cannot win because you cannot get the rewards and

you cannot get the rewards because you cannot win."
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
# 32 Free Torpedo?
12-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Hiya All,

Just logged on to STO. I start at this screen

https://register.perfectworld.com/sto_splashB

On top it says "FREE TORPEDO WHEN YOU LOG IN" "Already Have an ACCOUNT (Click here to log in)". Maybe its the wording, which might need to be changed, but hey I m all for a free weapon system! Anyone else know anything about this, its new as of today. Oh you have to be logged off from the forum to use that link.

Last edited by avertyoureyess; 12-27-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: New Data
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 81
# 33
12-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Come on guys Pick a different date next year, this was a bit silly.

Reason:
Many people are free to play on the 27th.

Me personally I have several days off to play but 27th is usually a day many can play.

As to crashing:

I get disconnects fairly often. Probably once every few hours, which out of beta is somewhat unacceptable. Mostly this is due to the fact STO rarely if ever manages to recover from lossed packets.

Re: Blame the internet connection rar rar rar crowd, no this is simply bad coding.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 884
# 34
12-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avertyoureyess View Post
Hiya All,

Just logged on to STO. I start at this screen

https://register.perfectworld.com/sto_splashB

On top it says "FREE TORPEDO WHEN YOU LOG IN" "Already Have an ACCOUNT (Click here to log in)". Maybe its the wording, which might need to be changed, but hey I m all for a free weapon system! Anyone else know anything about this, its new as of today. Oh you have to be logged off from the forum to use that link.
I think it is about a week or two old. But yeah, the wording is misleading. It has already been pointed out to Cryptic.

The promo is for new accounts, not just logging in. But the Free torpedo launcher isn't that great for old users any ways, It is MKII I believe and doesn't scale.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 35
12-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avertyoureyess View Post
Hiya All,

Just logged on to STO. I start at this screen

https://register.perfectworld.com/sto_splashB

On top it says "FREE TORPEDO WHEN YOU LOG IN" "Already Have an ACCOUNT (Click here to log in)". Maybe its the wording, which might need to be changed, but hey I m all for a free weapon system! Anyone else know anything about this, its new as of today. Oh you have to be logged off from the forum to use that link.
No idea what this is about. I went ahead and logged in so hopefully, when the server is up, I will have a free torpedo. Can't ever have too many torpedos, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I think it is about a week or two old. But yeah, the wording is misleading. It has already been pointed out to Cryptic.

The promo is for new accounts, not just logging in. But the Free torpedo launcher isn't that great for old users any ways, It is MKII I believe and doesn't scale.
And now I'm sad.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 146
# 36
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Are you one of those that are trying to run STO without a dedicated video processing unit? Like, say.. Intel Graphics? If so, please get a graphics card, and test with that, before blaming the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
# 37
12-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Well I hope you have a fix in place my team mate @NekhronKirov has his primary character stuck in a null map he has been there now for four or five days. He has sent repeated reports and has not had any help. He is a life member and this character is almost maxed with all the borg and Honor Guard decorations and equipment level 12. It would really suck for him to have to loose this character to a game flaw. I was in the map with him and only by luck I was able to get out. I told him what I did and it did not work for him. please help him.
KDF Ancient House of Seplch
L.G. "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
L.G. Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
V.A. Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 81
# 38
12-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestfox View Post
Are you one of those that are trying to run STO without a dedicated video processing unit? Like, say.. Intel Graphics? If so, please get a graphics card, and test with that, before blaming the game.
I assume you are not referring to my post? As you've quoted nobody I have no idea.

No mine is just due to packets lost, playing from the UK. Happens on average lets say between 3-5 hours.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 467
# 39
12-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolicaltroop View Post
Well I hope you have a fix in place my team mate @NekhronKirov has his primary character stuck in a null map he has been there now for four or five days. He has sent repeated reports and has not had any help. He is a life member and this character is almost maxed with all the borg and Honor Guard decorations and equipment level 12. It would really suck for him to have to loose this character to a game flaw. I was in the map with him and only by luck I was able to get out. I told him what I did and it did not work for him. please help him.
If you are stuck in a null map, you need to open up your episode replay, accept a random mission, and Transwarp there.

And its Lose. Not Loose.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 232
# 40
12-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolicaltroop View Post
Well I hope you have a fix in place my team mate @NekhronKirov has his primary character stuck in a null map he has been there now for four or five days. He has sent repeated reports and has not had any help. He is a life member and this character is almost maxed with all the borg and Honor Guard decorations and equipment level 12. It would really suck for him to have to loose this character to a game flaw. I was in the map with him and only by luck I was able to get out. I told him what I did and it did not work for him. please help him.

Is this the blue "Empty Map" thing that was happening in "Explore Unknown System" missions?

I got out of that by picking an old quest (say, "Stranded in Space") and clicking on the "transwarp to quest location" button. Using an old quest is to keep the EC price down, but any quest should work.

Other people used the Winter Wonderland event transwarp button, from the sidebar ad in the main mission/episodes/etc panel.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.