Commander
# 41 Any 12-27 Patch Notes?
12-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Nevermind... had to read the maint post. No patch today, just maint?
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Career Officer
# 42
12-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Read the announcement... That way you could have avoided posting a question that has already been answered.

Just saying...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 43
12-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, December 27th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. There will not be a new patch this week and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Your answer is in the post that was made about the downtime.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
# 44
12-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Read the announcement... That way you could have avoided posting a question that has already been answered.

Just saying...
You could have not read my post and avoided your snarkey post also...
Just sayin
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Commander
# 45
12-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I always forget how many perfect people there on here. I am humbled in the presence of such greatness.
Lieutenant
# 46
12-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Well, at least it happened several times to me during transferring maps and STO crashed, a little bug report mentioned something about a nVid thing. Heck, I have 2 ATI cards in crossfire

Since S7 the fancy 'blur' like layer causes a lot of unfocused images in game, like blurry details in Tailor, unsharp wall/floor textures, blurry stars in background... When not moving after 20 seconds or so the sharpness slowly returns. Oh and btw, my system is clean & up-to-date. As I said: it's all since intro of S7.
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-27-2012, 07:46 AM
them sending devs on vacation and no patches was their christmas present and new years present to us players all over the world
Career Officer
# 48
12-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
them sending devs on vacation and no patches was their christmas present and new years present to us players all over the world
TBH: I prefer no patches up to longer periods of holidays and devs not being at work.

There is a reason game companies don't patch up close to weekends... wait...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports

Last edited by anazonda; 12-27-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
12-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyard View Post
Well, at least it happened several times to me during transferring maps and STO crashed, a little bug report mentioned something about a nVid thing. Heck, I have 2 ATI cards in crossfire

Since S7 the fancy 'blur' like layer causes a lot of unfocused images in game, like blurry details in Tailor, unsharp wall/floor textures, blurry stars in background... When not moving after 20 seconds or so the sharpness slowly returns. Oh and btw, my system is clean & up-to-date. As I said: it's all since intro of S7.
im on nvidia SLI 580 and i crash alot on map changes its been like this for awhile. i always send a crash report, lots of people getting the same problem. and no its not my pc nothing wrong with my pc.

maybe in a few months it will get fixed
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-27-2012, 08:36 AM
No patch but basic manitaince? Wow so lets see I go in to work at 1pm today and it is now 10:33pm and this will be done no sooner than 11:00pm which means with an hour delay I will not be able to even play the game when I am able to. Looks like I will be a day behind on the ice race now since I wont be able to play the game till tomorrow.

As far as problems goes, theres a lot of problems that need to be fixed, the one that needs to be fixed the most in my opinion is the chat feature. My other character in the same fleet as my primary doesnt have the fleet chat option just Zone and Local. It has been like this for the past week and a half and I am absolutely tired of always typing out "/fleet" before every post on this character to talk to my fleet mates.

Another thing that needs to get fixed is this whole server connection lost thing. Ever since S7 came out I have experianced this more and more. Some will probably blaim my internet connection but I can check my internet connection when it brings up the red timer and my internet is up fine and working at normal speeds.
Closed Thread