Ensign
# 51
12-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Catullans god damn space hippies !!!
Career Officer
# 52
12-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Definitely Bajorans.

I didn't see a single Bajoran that I liked. The one that comes closest to being likeable is actually Kai Wynn and that's more of an appreciation that she was actually written to be hated. Every time they were written to be sympathetic they just came of as whiny, needy, pushy, adolescent know-it-alls.

I'd thank the Cardassians for what they did to the Bajorans if not for one thing: they didn't finish the job!
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 53
12-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Pakleds are not stupid. They just have body language and vocabulary that come across that way. They're social manipulators, which is how they managed to get ahold of warp capable crafts without developing the tech themselves.
I agree that they're not stupid, though I have a different theory as to how they got warp technology despite the very clear problems they were having with it, and with communicating. I actually just recently posted a Foundry mission that tells part of the story as I see it. It's still in review status, and I am still very much a n00b with the Foundry, but its title is "Finding Lascaux."

I can understand where the dislike comes from, though, given the very insulting way the Pakleds were portrayed (that episode was in its own way as bad as "Code of Honor," except ableist instead of racist) and the...shall we say...VERY inadequate Starfleet diplomacy and investigative skills put on display in that episode.

I don't understand where the hate for Cardassians is coming from, though, or this idea that they all deserve to suffer because of what their evil regime did. Those who were responsible for those crimes deserve every punishment that came their way. But to suggest that people like Tekeny Ghemor, Natima Lang, Rugal Pa'Dar, or Joret Dal deserved to die because of it...just no. I can't buy that for a second.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
12-26-2012, 11:26 PM
For me personally, the Tellarites and Saurians win hands down, never have and never will let one become a bridge officer on my ships, and it really irks me to see em roaming the decks when i have to go to engineering or crew decks upon my ships..if i had an option of what species could be seen walking my halls, those 2 would certainly be non existant...
Captain
# 55
12-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Is it the species as you saw them on Star Trek that annoy you, or is it the aesthetics in-game (which IMO on those species leaves something to be desired)?
Commander
# 56
12-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Felis catus. SPOT!!!!

Also, the newt things from "Threshold".
Career Officer
# 57
12-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Those midget math genius species from Star Trek Voyager.

I've hung around 'Beautiful Mind' time geniuses before. They're arrogant and irritating as hell! Those little midgets remind me of them.

Also why I hate Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory. I swear, the higher the IQ, the more antisocial and mentally screwy they get. *L* And in Voyager there's an ENTIRE race of aliens like that? Dear god!
Captain
# 58
12-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Personal least favourite? The Breen. Faceless antagonists = boring antagonists.

I have very little time for TNG-era Klingons, either... plastic "samurai" written by people with no concept of a warrior culture. TOS-era Klingons, now - emotionally sophisticated, versatile, proper foils for the Federation... yes, bring those guys back, please!
Rihannsu
# 59
12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
the founders... Why? their shapeshifting is simply TOO good. The feds apparently can't tell the difference even with a medical tricorder....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 60
12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevet View Post
I have very little time for TNG-era Klingons, either... plastic "samurai" written by people with no concept of a warrior culture. TOS-era Klingons, now - emotionally sophisticated, versatile, proper foils for the Federation... yes, bring those guys back, please!
The TNG ones aren't samurai--well, Worf is, but the rest are Vikings. Sto-Vo-Kor is basically Valhalla, and when you see the council hall, you'd swear it was Heorot. Personally I like to think there are two different Klingon "religions"...the more samurai one that Worf follows and that you see on Boreth (the cloned Kahless seems to represent this religion too), and the more Viking one that is now followed by the majority of Klingons.

The TOS Klingons, though...I agree that I liked them better. In a lot of ways, they are what the Cardassians became in TNG and DS9. If you want sophistication in the modern shows, that's where to look.