Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Rihannsu
# 31
11-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Something like a Liberated Borg unlock would unlock Borg traits and costume parts for any alts, rather than being a defined species.
Which would also fit into canon far better than the current form, since drones can be of any species, not just human.
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
11-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Which would also fit into canon far better than the current form, since drones can be of any species, not just human.
Yes. It's not exactly like the Borg would suddenly choose to become speciesist. Non-human drones saved for "special" enemies, hah. The Voyager type seen in the Federation tutorial and in Khitomer Accord Ground were pretty diverse without needing the aliens to be special types.
Captain
# 33
11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
I would have made the omega rep a borg armor visual, a simple unlock of what is already in the game, we'd have an all new armor complete with their assimilation attack: having npcs fight for you after you take them over.

Would anyone like to roam with an actual borg prosthetic arm, instead of a green minigun?

Just like their root attack is a colored version of engineers difuse attack animation...

You could somewhat easily make all new content just changing some colors around and combining existing animation.

To me it would make more sense to have salvaged borg parts for hybrid gear that utilizes their technology but oh well

We no longer include the forums, or players in general - tacofangs
Rihannsu
# 34
11-23-2012, 10:04 AM
seems easier if cryptic just allowed retrait tokens and free'd the traits for every species.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Rihannsu
# 35
11-24-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
seems easier if cryptic just allowed retrait tokens and free'd the traits for every species.
Except not everyone wants the species change for traits. I for one want to change to Alien to increase character customization options. Sure, my traits are picked more or less "wrong" since I didn't know what's important when I started, but I wouldn't spend much Zen just to swap a miniscule bonus to some stat somewhere into a miniscule bonus to some other stat somewhere.
Career Officer
# 36
11-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Caitian converted to Gorn as captain of my Excelsior.

Can't see why Gorn's can't be in Starfleet, Klingon's are.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Rihannsu
# 37
11-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Can't see why Gorn's can't be in Starfleet, Klingon's are.
And there are Starfleet Gorn boffs you can get from the diplomatic rank.
Career Officer
# 38
11-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Yeah, but you can't play one as a Starfleet captain. And that's what I want.

* sulks *
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Captain
# 39
12-27-2012, 09:27 AM
I noticed in the Playable Cardassians thread that there's talk of actually adding playable Cardassians and Romulans to the game.

If that happens, I would LOVE to be able to re-species my Alien/Cardassian into a real one, without having to lose all of the work I put into him. I definitely think this option should be offered. As I asked over in the other thread--is there any way for Cryptic/PWE to survey and see how many people are actually playing Alien/Cardassians and Alien/Romulans? It can't be just those of us posting on the forums who want the ability to do this.

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic Thanks! ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-27-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread