Lt. Commander
# 21
12-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Did we find out what the "alpha predator" was/is ?
No, the Hirogen from the tier 2 mission cutscene says something along the lines of "he hopes the prey of this world the romulan promised him isnt the thing by the waterfall"

So the Tal shair obviously know what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-27-2012, 08:35 AM
I would very much appreciate the cutscene being posted to youtube or something.
Lieutenant
# 23
12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I think thats a long term thing... The rep system actually leaves more questions open, than answered... but thats not unusual.
That isn't a bad thing you realize...
It does give options for more being added on later.
Career Officer
# 24
12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
While I can't provide a screenshot, the silhouette is consistent with this concept art from the earlier stages of STO's development

http://www.stowiki.org/images/thumb/...an_Concept.png

As for the sword, D'Tan's people already have it. You can see it in the Tier IV cutscene when D'Tan shows you his lab.
In the Tier IV cutscene, he says it's a template used in making the actual sword. They don't have it.

Given that the sword is probably a powerful psychic artifact like the Stone of Gol -- as in not just a sword but ancient tech that will allow one person to fight modern armies, I'm guessing its discovery will be a much bigger deal.

If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be something like:

Shard Sword of the Raptor Star

Legendary/Orange

Dmg, CritH, CritD, Psix2

Maybe its tertiary attack is a long cooldown ranged Psi attack or maybe it has nanopulse-style deflection.
Career Officer
# 25
12-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Got to tier V. Got the space ability. Didn't get a mission. Went to New Romulus. Asked around. Was told to go to the Tier IV area. So I did. Ran the whole thing through again. Completed it. Didn't get any cutscene. Finally left after searching around for consoles, and THEN the game gives me the mission.

I'm usually pretty easily annoyed with these little bugs, but not being able to go back in for another 20 hours just puts it in a whole different league. I have nothing polite to say to you today, Cryptic. You can guess the rest.
Reave
Captain
# 26
12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cratchmaster View Post
... Romulan/Reman entourage... have a 4 hour timer...
lmao great that's the one thing I was doing the romulan reputation for /insert swearing

All other pets in the game are permanent amirite, why exactly was this decision made souns like a bad joke. A non-combat pet would possible harm could it do it doesn't do anything.

Anyone down to start a petition this is really hurtful to me

/edit

ps. I don't care what I have to pay for a permanent version but a consumable not even once

pps. you know it would have been nice if it said "consumable" in the discription like all the other consumables do

Last edited by vestereng; 12-27-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 27
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
The Entourage should've been an unlock with a lengthy cooldown, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Its written in the lore accolades in the tier 3 mission.

spoilers

the gateway used to work just fine. the iconians conquered this planet and the dewan saw them as gods (they were the natural inhabitants of the planet) until the alliance attacked them and forced the iconians out, just as they attacked iconnia. the iconaian fled as the fleet was attacking them from orbit.

this attack probably set the dewan's civilization back a fair bit. generations later the dewan re-found the gate and then used it. either through damage or a lack of understanding, that caused the disaster which destroyed their people.
See, Cryptic didn't make that clear at all. You say the Iconian left when the planet was under attack, yet there was no indication that they were under attack.

The Iconian argued with the Dewan, left through the gate, the Dewans fliddled with the machine, then BOOM, all heck broke loose like it was the planetary disaster had begun.
Commander
# 28
12-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
See, Cryptic didn't make that clear at all. You say the Iconian left when the planet was under attack, yet there was no indication that they were under attack.

The Iconian argued with the Dewan, left through the gate, the Dewans fliddled with the machine, then BOOM, all heck broke loose like it was the planetary disaster had begun.
There are 2 sources of information, the 'The History of New Romulus' data chips and the 'tablets' you can read when you do the T3 mission. There are about 8 of the tablets and you get 1 per run through. The text appears in the accolades you get for find / reading them.

STOwiki has the complete set here http://www.stowiki.org/Accolade/Lore...of_New_Romulus
I couldn't be bothered to redo the T3 mission to collect all 8, but they are the important ones for this bit if the story.
Career Officer
# 29
12-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonlyrecce View Post
There are 2 sources of information, the 'The History of New Romulus' data chips and the 'tablets' you can read when you do the T3 mission. There are about 8 of the tablets and you get 1 per run through. The text appears in the accolades you get for find / reading them.

STOwiki has the complete set here http://www.stowiki.org/Accolade/Lore...of_New_Romulus
I couldn't be bothered to redo the T3 mission to collect all 8, but they are the important ones for this bit if the story.
I appriciate you linking. But you very much misunderstand the conversation.

I was not saying I lacked the information, I was saying that the cutscene conflicts with the Dewan Accolade story and the Romulan Story.
Career Officer
# 30
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
The History of New Romulus: Volume 1, Chapter 3
HISTORY TEXT GOES HERE
Enlightening.
----
Closed Thread