Login

Captain
# 11
12-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
I highlighted a bit there.

What's it mean?
They have an interesting trick to their mechanics. The Omega Torpedo has the ammo mechanic so you can fire a bunch rapidly and then wait for the ammo to recharge. There is also the ability to make ships derezz if hit by the High Yield version. The Romulan Torpedoes launch 3 torpedoes within about a second or two and they are all targetable torpedoes.
Captain
# 12
12-27-2012, 11:55 AM
The Gimmick of the Hargh'peng is the DoT radiation damage and secondary explosion.

The fact its unaffected by abilities might be a attempt to balance to the fact its a very capable weapon, its also cannot be OP to the point nobody would use something else and it would be OP if we could put Spread and HY on it.
Career Officer
Captain
# 14
12-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The fact its unaffected by abilities might be a attempt to balance to the fact its a very capable weapon, its also cannot be OP to the point nobody would use something else and it would be OP if we could put Spread and HY on it.
To my mind it's plenty balanced by the low rate of fire and low stopping power (the initial torpedo hit is about what a single photon can do). There's plenty of wiggle room to improve it without making it overpowered. Right now it's almost never used.

Though, I do think it should only get a High Yield capability and not Spread. It just doesn't have a "spray and pray" feel to it.
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Don't we already have the Bio Nueral missile?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 16
12-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Don't we already have the Bio Nueral missile?
And if it had the same 15 second cooldown as Hargh'peng I'd use it. Heck even 30 seconds might make it worthwhile. At one minute, it's an incredibly expensive weapon to carry which is a problem considering it's slow, can be shot down, has a minimum launch range, and deals purely kinetic damage so it's completely negated if it hits a shield. The sustained DPS is too low to justify a frontal mounting, and a turret on the back will contribute over the whole course of your mission instead of being highly situational like a rear-mounted Bioneural.

Bioneural is a fancy tricobalt torpedo, and tricobalt torpedoes suck. I'm sure the minority of PVP players love the things, but PVP players can and should be disregarded when it comes to designing mechanics for the majority of players.
Career Officer
# 17
12-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
And if it had the same 15 second cooldown as Hargh'peng I'd use it. Heck even 30 seconds might make it worthwhile. At one minute, it's an incredibly expensive weapon to carry which is a problem considering it's slow, can be shot down, has a minimum launch range, and deals purely kinetic damage so it's completely negated if it hits a shield. The sustained DPS is too low to justify a frontal mounting, and a turret on the back will contribute over the whole course of your mission instead of being highly situational like a rear-mounted Bioneural.

Bioneural is a fancy tricobalt torpedo, and tricobalt torpedoes suck. I'm sure the minority of PVP players love the things, but PVP players can and should be disregarded when it comes to designing mechanics for the majority of players.
Bitter much? C'mon now, following your um...I dunno....I bet you call it "reasoning" or maybe something cute like "my wittle choo choo twain of ideas" wouldn't your keyboard be made of nerf? So as not to ruin your complexion? Just thinking this could be something on the hardware side to make online experiences better for folks at your level.

Put it in your sig. Maybe you can start some sort of grassroots campaign to make things better for your kind.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Career Officer
# 18
12-31-2012, 08:37 AM
I like this thread!

OK, I have the wide angle torp but must confess that the Regent it is equipped on is underwhelming in comparison to even the Mirror Star Cruiser. However, equipping this lovely torp to my Breen ship (in the rear of course, think of it as my bumper sticker: If you can read this your driving to fekking close!!!) and I have to say the quantum torps in general will take out the best of ships once their shields are fried.

Anyways, just my two cents.
Captain
# 19
12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
To be honest, we don't need Fed stuff and they don't deserve ours. If we ask for this Wide Angle Torpedo Launcher we are no better than those Feds who constantly demand a transfer of KDF specific equipment and abilities.
Career Officer
# 20
12-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
To be honest, we don't need Fed stuff and they don't deserve ours. If we ask for this Wide Angle Torpedo Launcher we are no better than those Feds who constantly demand a transfer of KDF specific equipment and abilities.
That's pretty much my ideas on these subjects as well
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt