Rihannsu
# 11
12-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The general idea (originally) from what I understand, was that the STO universe should be as close to canon as possible.

So putting too much detail into a given story about a canon ship or character would be risking a heavy deviation from the prime universe, that would have pushed the STO storyline too far apart from this.

Granted, there is no way STO can live up to canon anymore, but still... I believe that was the original idea.
I agree with this for multiple reasons. STO isn't about the canon characters anyways. Some of them might get mentioned, but as a rule they are unimportant background information. There are obvious exceptions, but you get the idea.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
12-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Forgive me for me not understanding, but why do they need to PAY to make an offical ending for the Enterprise. Why can't CBS just help us out and get a good story. Not just for STO but all Trek people to have a new story. And can't CBS see that STO is sort of ... Advertising Trek, my friend buys Trek stufr beacuse of playing STO. Thanks for your help

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Canonwise, no... STO is not a worthy trek-story, .
That is bull, and you know it. There is stuff in the canon that is way worse than anything seen in STO. Lockboxes and the like are not canon, even to the game story.