Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STO gameplay idea
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Anyone heard or seen
http://http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=excalibur+class&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d &source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=07jcUISIENOk0AXS6IGQ CA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=690#biv=i|1;d|F2hF CczicrLtMM:.
I would love it to be in game

And for the nice extra what about

Ship variant 1 A positon + Antiproton beam launcher.
With An ejectable secondary warp core, so it can detonate near the target. Massive damage to enemy but -20 all power for 8 minutes with a 30 minute countdown

What do you think. And if you could have 1 ship in game / retrofit, what would it be? And what abbility?

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Commander
# 2
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
It would help if you actually had a specific image of this excalibur class. The Google image search link you gave has several images on it and it's not exactly easy to see what one you wanted us to talk about.

If you were referring to the Excalibur class that's a new update to the constitution class, that's already in the game as a cruiser at the Lt. Commander level.
Career Officer
# 3
12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Since the guys are working on their own game, I can pretty much promise you that thoose guys will never allow the Excalibur to go into STO...

At least that was my impression last time I spoke to one of them.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 4
12-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I, for one, think that Excalibur is incredibly ugly. Whatever parts aren't nearly identical to the Sovereign are incredibly blocky, and it looks like they just scaled it up just because they think bigger = cooler. The window sizes give that away immediately.

Plus, any battle ability with a cooldown greater than 5 minutes is boring, with 3 minutes being ideal. A great example of a fun ability is the Subspace Jump console. It's fun to use, and even useful -- it's always available for me to use to escape a Tholian Web, for example. A 30-minute ability that just does damage is... boring. And it debuffs you for 8 minutes? So you can't use it during an STF or a PVP match without crippling yourself for an obscene length of time?