Career Officer
# 31
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribbleorlfl View Post
Or better yet, add a bonus of some sort when the Breen space set is equipped on a Breen ship. For RP purposes, I'd love to equip the Breen set, but it would be a waste of a good ship to equip the set as it currently is.

I wonder if the Deferi will be the next race getting a reputation system, with the opportunity to grind purple mk xii versions of the breen set.
My vague recollection of dev interviews seem to suggest that Deferi are high on the list of candidates for rep.

Although I kinda think with the Deferi focus on balance, their rep system should be more... Interesting.

So say you have, I dunno...

Klingon and Fed rep. Gaining one costs the other but at an uneven rate.

Gaining Deferi rep comes from balancing the two.
Career Officer
# 32
12-27-2012, 04:44 PM
There is a canon reason for Starfleet/KDF captains using other cultures ships, they are involved in multiple wars and in dire need of ships. The ships are even given canon explanations; the Jem'hadar attack ships are re-purposed salvage, the Galors are sold/given to both fleets by the Cardie government, D'koras are built for sale, and the mirror universe and Tholian ships are salvaged/stolen vessels sold for profit, the only reason to say there is no canon reason to fly a Chell Grett, or any other new ship for that matter, is that there has been no reason given.
-----------------------------------------------

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
Career Officer
# 33
12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exa12 View Post
There is a canon reason for Starfleet/KDF captains using other cultures ships, they are involved in multiple wars and in dire need of ships. The ships are even given canon explanations; the Jem'hadar attack ships are re-purposed salvage, the Galors are sold/given to both fleets by the Cardie government, D'koras are built for sale, and the mirror universe and Tholian ships are salvaged/stolen vessels sold for profit, the only reason to say there is no canon reason to fly a Chell Grett, or any other new ship for that matter, is that there has been no reason given.
It is a deus ex machina, post hoc explanation to kludge a lottery into canon for the purpose of increased revenue. The developers need to eat. The shareholders need their dividends. I get it.
Career Officer
# 34
12-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exa12 View Post
the only reason to say there is no canon reason to fly a Chell Grett, or any other new ship for that matter, is that there has been no reason given.
This is Q we're talking about. Has there ever been any reason besides "for the lulz"?