Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 11
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
Got the C-Store version.

I don't own the Tier 3 version but this shouldn't matter, right?
You may need to claim or re-claim the T5 version on the character you are using to look at the Fleet Ship with.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
12-27-2012, 03:54 PM
hmm... isnt a typhoon class is it ? :O
Career Officer
# 13
12-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You may need to claim or re-claim the T5 version on the character you are using to look at the Fleet Ship with.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks, that worked.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Captain
# 14
12-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I bought the T3 version when I was leveling my character. Had a lot of fun using the iconic Excelsior Class. I wouldn't mind buying the T5 version either. Which is very soon. Since I'm wanting a different ship other than the Sovereign Class to use.

Looking at the Excelsior vs. my Sovereign. It is more Eng. spec. Which is different from the Sovereign being more tactical based. So this ship would be an excellent candidate for me to buy and use. To give me a different option on playing different missions.

Last edited by farmallm; 12-27-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Captain
# 15
12-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why people would buy the 2.000-Zen C-Store Excelsior, rather than going that small step further and getting the 10-console Fleet version?
Captain
# 16
12-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why people would buy the 2.000-Zen C-Store Excelsior, rather than going that small step further and getting the 10-console Fleet version?
In my view of it. I have alot of things going on in life. Work, family, etc. So my gaming time is limited. Which I log on only a few hours per week. Therefor I really don't have time to hit the Fleet missons/battles to gain Fleet Points. Or can set a time to meet with my group just to do a mission. Since my time varies each time I log on. More than once I have to leave the game due to something came up. So its not good for any group. And waste for me since I can't finish what I started.

So for ones like me, the Fleet Ships are not really achievable. However buying on the C-Store gives me a chance for a nice ship to use. Even though the stats are lower. I'm still using my "Free" Sovereign Class ship. Currently not decided on which ship to buy. With the Excelsior, Galaxy, Galaxy Dreadnaught, or Odyssey. Soon as I made up my mind I will be happy to buy one to use other than the Sovereign.

Fleet ships is not for everyone. So C-store is the best option. Playing a game is good for me to escape normal life. And something I enjoy when I do have some time to do it. I'm glad the offer options for the ones who can't play hours each day of the week.
Captain
# 17
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
The Fleet version costs 5 Fleet Modules (2500 Zen) to purchase for one character. Purchasing the C-Store Excelsior (2000 Zen) unlocks that Excelsior for all Fed characters on your account, and discounts the required Fleet Modules to 1 (500 Zen) for all such characters, making it a 2500 Zen purchase either way for a single character. However, purchasing it for multiple characters is thus much cheaper.

The Fleet Modules can be purchased off the Exchange, however, if you prefer not to spend any Zen at all on them.
Republic Veteran
# 18
12-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon

Lt. Commander
# 19
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Wait, this has a transwarp console now? I bought my Excelsior a long time ago. Does this mean that I will have this console now?
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Rihannsu
# 20
12-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
Wait, this has a transwarp console now?
Well it used too, it seems SOMEBODY was doing some careless copy/paste ... or they added back (that I doubt).

Only the T3 should have a console, T5 should have a build-in ability.