Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Republic Veteran
# 21
10-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos20th View Post
Granted, I don't have perfect experiance in STFs, but that whole "Only drop generators to 10%!" rule has NEVER worked for the bonus in all the times i've seen it used. it always ends with ppl taking too long, the spheres swarming the main generator, and them repairing it when we start attacking. (failing the mission)

I always vote to steamroll. Full power on the nanogenerators, take them down as quick as possible, then use someone as a decoy to distract the group of spheres coming from the gate while the rest take down the generator.

I've only had this plan fail once. (because someone was trying to do the 10% rule)
As opposed to using this plan and have it fail nine times out of 10,you need to be playing with people who "KNOW" how to play STO mate

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
exactly the response that guy was looking for
You got griefed. move on. nothing to see here.
Ensign
# 23
12-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
I had an experience similar to this, except 2 of the 5 of us went right instead of left. Naturally we failed the optional and it took us a good 35 minutes to compete the mission because the 2 that went left refused to follow direction. This has been a common problem for a while now. Ever since STO opened up in Europe. I have nothing against people over there, but when they come in and not follow the proper tactics, how is anything going to get done. The people that screw the missions up completely ignore you. If you screw up, yeah okay. Just say so and the rest of the team will, or at least i would hope, would understand. I was in an ISE the other night when someone blew a generator too early, and a KDF player in a carrier proceeded to run her mouth rather than attack with the rest of us. That is not really necessary either. ISE is the easiest of the 3 elite space STF's. There should be no reason that the optional is failed. Im a Tactical ship, i attack the generators, but after they are all gone, i go and stop the spheres with my repulsors and theta radiation. Buying the rest of my team time to, hopefully, destroy the transformer. Grated usually this is a suicide run for my ship, but it works. Im Just Sayin
Euhm... I am from Europe (bad, bad Germany).
I read guides, follow the lead, listen and don't ignore anyone (not including trolls).
Just for the record.
Commander
# 24
12-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshl7889 View Post
I had an experience similar to this, except 2 of the 5 of us went right instead of left. Naturally we failed the optional and it took us a good 35 minutes to compete the mission because the 2 that went left refused to follow direction. This has been a common problem for a while now. Ever since STO opened up in Europe. I have nothing against people over there, but when they come in and not follow the proper tactics, how is anything going to get done. The people that screw the missions up completely ignore you. If you screw up, yeah okay. Just say so and the rest of the team will, or at least i would hope, would understand. I was in an ISE the other night when someone blew a generator too early, and a KDF player in a carrier proceeded to run her mouth rather than attack with the rest of us. That is not really necessary either. ISE is the easiest of the 3 elite space STF's. There should be no reason that the optional is failed. Im a Tactical ship, i attack the generators, but after they are all gone, i go and stop the spheres with my repulsors and theta radiation. Buying the rest of my team time to, hopefully, destroy the transformer. Grated usually this is a suicide run for my ship, but it works. Im Just Sayin
Since STO opened in Europe? You mean, since the start of the game? And if you are flying a tactical ship, why are you rushing off to get yourself killed instead of doing your job and helping destroy the transformer?
Captain
# 25
12-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Wow... all the necro posting...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 26
12-27-2012, 11:11 PM
I changed my mind about posting.

Last edited by texastrekkie; 12-27-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: changed my mind
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
12-27-2012, 11:19 PM
You don't tell me what to do! I do what I want!

Now someone please kill the necromancers.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 28
12-28-2012, 12:14 AM
You know what's worse than posting in a old thread?
Going to an old thread only to spam it with "NECRO!"

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
12-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obertheromulan View Post
You know what's worse than posting in a old thread?
Going to an old thread only to spam it with "NECRO!"
You know whats worse than that? Being covered in honey and dropped in an army ant mound.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Community Moderator
# 30
12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
[Rolls into the thread while activating Target Optics and unholstering the [Zombie Control Compression Pistol of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and vaporizes this exposed Zombie thread!]

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)!

Cheers,

syberghost
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread