Captain
# 21
12-28-2012, 12:59 AM
The T5 version has a built in transwarp ability, but it is currently missing the Zeta Andromida, Orellius, Gamma Orionis, and Pelia sector blocks from the list. If they could get that fixed it would be great.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 22
12-28-2012, 04:04 AM
The heavy cruisers are the best Fed cruisers in the game, bar none. However they are lacking one important thing:

No alternative skins. Just about every other ship has a variant in appearance except the Excelsior. And the extra bits from the Lakota variant are not enough. This has to be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon
Come, come. Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant.

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 12-28-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 23
12-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
The T5 version has a built in transwarp ability, but it is currently missing the Zeta Andromida, Orellius, Gamma Orionis, and Pelia sector blocks from the list. If they could get that fixed it would be great.
That would be more of an 'addition' than a 'fix', as the ship never had those sectors to begin with.

They just added the Tau Dewa sector to the list though, so it's not inconceivable that this couldn't happen.

I'm not positive, but believe the Tuffili freighter has those sectors on its list, so Cryptic may not wish to step on the toes of folks who own that ship, as it could be perceived as devaluing their purchase.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 24
12-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why people would buy the 2.000-Zen C-Store Excelsior, rather than going that small step further and getting the 10-console Fleet version?
Some players don't have a tier 3 starbase yet. Plus if you have several toons (I have 4 Fed' toons) it drops the cost of purchasing Fleet Excels for all of them much cheaper.
Career Officer
# 25
12-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Some players don't have a tier 3 starbase yet. Plus if you have several toons (I have 4 Fed' toons) it drops the cost of purchasing Fleet Excels for all of them much cheaper.
I am one of those in such a fleet that must consider the C-store if i want a ship. Soon finished the Tier2 shipyard. I. Do not believe i will get access to the T3 shipyard anytime soon. The new exelcior look like something my eng captain could need for her leisurely trekking through space.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 26
12-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
I am one of those in such a fleet that must consider the C-store if i want a ship. Soon finished the Tier2 shipyard. I. Do not believe i will get access to the T3 shipyard anytime soon. The new exelcior look like something my eng captain could need for her leisurely trekking through space.
I know the feeling. My fleet is halfway through tier 2 on its way to tier 3. We lost a couple of players before the starbase thing and recruiting has jumped to counter. Otherwise, the three guys who have contributed at least 1 million marks each (one guy is at 6 mill'). I want the Fleet Excel and FLeet Nebula so bad that I can taste them (tritanium tastes horrbile though).
Captain
# 27
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
That would be more of an 'addition' than a 'fix', as the ship never had those sectors to begin with.

They just added the Tau Dewa sector to the list though, so it's not inconceivable that this couldn't happen.

I'm not positive, but believe the Tuffili freighter has those sectors on its list, so Cryptic may not wish to step on the toes of folks who own that ship, as it could be perceived as devaluing their purchase.
For me, it doesn't make a lot of sense that Starfleet's primary transwarp drive enabled starship is less able to transwarp around Federation space than a freighter. From what I can work out, these missing sectors were added to the game after the Excelsior was released, but the ship was never updated to include them. Since they added Tau Dewa, they should add the other missing Federation sectors as well. The ship can't transwarp to Omega Leonis either, but that one is more understandable.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Rihannsu
# 28
12-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Since they added Tau Dewa, they should add the other missing Federation sectors as well. The ship can't transwarp to Omega Leonis either, but that one is more understandable.
But they arent Federation sectors.

Zeta Andromedae is Cardassian Space, Orellius is Defari and Gamma Orionis is Borg.

The reason those sectors are not listed is because Orellius is a new sector that is outside the Federation sphere, Orionis is a remote sector that requires a transwarp gate as it have no borders with any of the sectors as you could make a case for Zeta Andromedae but still, the entire Sector is Cardassian, granted Alpha Trianguli is too but its not on the back end of Cardassian Space.
Career Officer
# 29
12-29-2012, 02:17 PM
I have purchased both ships, the cstore Excelsiors, and the shipyard still wants 5 modules for the fleet version. I have submitted multiple tickets, but get no response. Buyer beware.
SUBSCRIBE to Priority One:
PRIORITYONEPODCAST.COM
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE ZMacGirthy
Career Officer
# 30
12-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeward1701 View Post
There should be a bundle pack to buy both of these at a discounted price. Same goes for all Tier 3 / Tier 5 ship pairs.
When the ship was first introduced, it was part of a bundle. As was the other T3/T5 introduced ships. They were split and sold separate a few seasons ago. I purchased the bundle originally and lost access to my T3 version in the split. It upset a lot of people because we spent money and now were going to be charged if we wanted the T3 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why people would buy the 2.000-Zen C-Store Excelsior, rather than going that small step further and getting the 10-console Fleet version?
Two reasons, either they owned the T5 version before the Fleet version existed.

Second reason is if they plan on putting multiple toons in the Fleet version. Purchase the T5 version and get the discount price for all toons.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.