Career Officer
# 41 Romulan
12-28-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm still waiting on the Romulan playable faction we were promised a couple years ago.
Empire Veteran
# 42
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I hear your pain and it is reflected in the incomplete KDF. Mnay things in STO are still in the "promised" stages of development.
We can only hope they come about before we die of old age.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 43
12-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotahispana View Post
We hope to have full KDF faction finished for Season 8, playable from level 0, that lead to a fully Open PvP Dedicated Season 9.
Mr. Stahl read your question and posted a video response on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

I am still more than a little pev'd that the Fleet B'rel is Tier 5 - so like never???
Rihannsu
# 44
12-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapne11 View Post
I'm still waiting on the Romulan playable faction we were promised a couple years ago.
"Promised"?? - There's been talk that a playable Romulan faction is something Cryptic would like to do eventually, yes, but they've always been clear that they mean years down the line type thing. I don't remember it being "promised but not yet provided" as you're suggesting. Links or it didn't happen.

Unlike the KDF Faction which was supposed to be a full PvE faction prior to launch, and for years into the game Cryptic continuted to set undelivered goals regarding the KDF (pretty much up until after Season 5 when Cryptic really "officially" started back-tracking on previous statements).

KDF History:
http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
01-03-2013, 09:01 AM
to paraphrase a quote from Roach...

"Beads, whiskey, polio infected blankets."

I'm not holding my breath for KDF content I have been waiting for the last 3 years
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 46
01-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
to paraphrase a quote from Roach...

"Beads, whiskey, polio infected blankets."

I'm not holding my breath for KDF content I have been waiting for the last 3 years
And every time they say it's coming, they fail to deliver anything but excuses!
Captain
# 47
01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
this link amuses me to no end, especially after Stahl went on record of saying any news was news that shouldn't have been shared and was a bad call by employees.... because you know.... he himself used to do it a lot as well which is why i think Cryptic's adopted the policy of "silence isn't golden but it's all we'll give them until they pay us more". It's not nice i know but close to the truth because there are so many instances where it's been made clear that.... well now i'm ranting...

As for the KDF content i seriously doubt it. It's a proven fact that if it DID happen it would only be one or two missions like the sorties, awesome but not enough. I've learned that you can't trust a promise made by cryptic: EVER. So i'm very inclined to agree with Roach on this one. "Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst." I think it's more of "people don't play it because they didn't build it better" more than Cryptic's "we don't build it better because people don't play it" and that beautiful link is all too much the proof you need.

This game is still way to beta for a game that has been out a month short of three years, and if you're a fan on Champions online you'll know that the systems not going to be able to handle it much closer to four.
Lieutenant
# 48
01-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Incoming bump off the port bow, brace for impact.

Anyone heard any info on KDF stuff circca S8 yet? I don't come here much, or follow any these people on twitter, or wherever, b/c I'm involved in other games atm.

So I'm asking you guys to keep an ear to the ground for me. Like the dirty bead-loving whiskey drinkin Reds you are. And then lemme know what it is.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post

This game is still way to beta for a game that has been out a month short of three years, and if you're a fan on Champions online you'll know that the systems not going to be able to handle it much closer to four.
I haven't played CO since ITS beta lol could you clarify the bold for me? Please with sugar on top
Lieutenant
# 49
01-08-2013, 11:01 PM
yeah i've heard that for about two or three months now that Season 8 was gonna be a KDF season.... i won't believe it until i see it.
The Emperor isn't please with Cryptic apparent lack of progress for the Empire. Lord Vader is on his way
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapne11 View Post
lol they cant handle 2 factions never mind 3.

personalys i hoped that sto would of had the major players in the shows.

fed kdf rom cardies