Career Officer
I'm guessing theanswer is no, but I thought I'd ask before giving up on the idea. Are there any voiceovers allowed to be added to foundry missions?
Vice Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Sarbonn-D
Vice Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Never Surrender
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=93579366000&dateline=  1354720945
Career Officer
# 2
12-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Nooope A little sad but it would be super abusable

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-26-2012, 01:50 PM
there is not an in game way. Altexist experimented with externally hosted audio files that you would be prompted to play along with dialog, but there arent mechanics hosted in game
Captain
# 4
12-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Give folks your phone number?
Captain
# 5
12-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Give folks your phone number?
5 stars and a tip from me if you do, lol.
Captain
# 6
12-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Wish it was possible but it would probably be to expensive for Cryptic/PWE to waste money on as they only seem to use voices for FEE's anyway.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Not sure if you mean add your own voice overs or use a library of them.

I would be amazed if they ever let us upload or record sound. Consider what would be recorded, not just people talking that is for sure.

A library would be a great and I wouldn't be surprised if that is planned. The Dewa sector patrols have speech, a sentence long but it works well. Ability to use one per map on a foundry mission could be cool.
Captain
# 8
12-27-2012, 12:16 PM
I would love a library of sound-effects to be added. Custom voice-overs would have too many issues associated with them:

*People would do heinous, evil things and it would be a royal pain to find, report, and remove them. You only need 1 really bad episode with the wrong outrage-loving mother of a 12 year old to see it in order to kill the game for good.

*It would put very good authors without the resources to do this at a serious disadvantage.

*99.9% of it would be utter garbage anyhow.
Career Officer
# 9
12-28-2012, 10:46 AM
They could implement a text-to-speech synthesizer with several voices similar to IVONA in which the foundry could select and customize the voices. Thus, it would not require massive amounts of hard drive space for storing endless mp3s of foundry creators badly acting... but would introduce something decent enough for immersion.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Ensign
# 10
06-18-2013, 02:15 PM
It would be nice if you could do this. Even a way to automatically execute mp3 files in the foundry would be great... just add it to one of the events, and then have it point to a specific file that you have to put on the computer. that way, the audio is handled locally, but is played at the correct time. Little work on Cryptic's part, and those who really want voice overs can download a zip will all the audio files. If there's no audio file... it just skips it so you can still play the missions without downloading the audio files (if you don't want them or whatever).