Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
# 1381
12-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Have to admit, have done quite a few ISE's over the last few days and MOST of them weren't too bad - seems that some of the newer players, who thought that their shiny new Vesta = I win, have either switched to other ships or are doing something else.

I agree. Other than being CHEATED out of my Omega Marks in a CSN the teams seem to have been fairly good, at least all day yesterday. I could hear one of my fleet mates in the other room yelling 'You Blankedy Blank Blank Blank' so he might not be doing quite so well.

There's still lots of rainbows and skittles to contend with but all the rounds have been won dispite them.

As far as Lag goes, Dad bought 5 static IP's from the phone company just for STO and that seems to have fixed any problem we had. There's 5 active STO players here and two on a router playing WOW for a total of 7 computers. All can be going at once with no lag.

Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 74
# 1382
12-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Ooh, that was a tough one. Just a tip, so that you don't get caught out like this next time: you can check your ping by typing "/netgraph 1" into the chat (no quotes). Change the '1' to a '0' to remove the display.

Also, torps on the front are perfectly fine, and simply a matter of opinion, but aft torps, not so much, since turning to fire rear torps takes time away from your forward cannons. Just sayin'
thanks for the tip.

as for the aft torp; I agree with you in principle, but I noticed while playing KASE that I had to chase the probes down more often, and I would find myself with no targets in my forward arc, with fresh probes emerging behind me. So, I pop my aft torp spread, hit evasive, spin round and outrun the torps so they end up hitting hull by the time they get to the target...I don't know if it's optimal dps, but the timing feels good, yanno? besides, if my DOFFS & powers hit right, I can *sometimes* hit them with 2 volleys that way. It comes in handy when I have to veer off from Donatra to keep a safe distance, too.

Different strokes an all that
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
# 1383
12-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Not my worst but maybe one of the funniest:

[8:37] [Team] REDACTED: hold 5km distance from Donatras ship

[8:39] [Team] REDACTED: hold 5km distance

[8:40] [Team] REDACTED: 5km, 5km distance

[8:40] [Team] ME: not possible with trico mines

[8:41] [Team] REDACTED: don't fire the mines

Maybe that explains why this Captain only did 7% of all damage during this STF according to ACT ( i did 35 %).

Whats next? "Don't fire at him! He will cloak!"
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,660
# 1384
12-28-2012, 01:40 PM
This guy delibrately made Infected conduit a living 1 hour hell. When he left on the 47th minute , we actully sped up progress and managed to win with 4 players, just beacuse he was delibrately making it hard.
Nb the actuall time it took was 53 minutes
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 1385
12-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilpwny View Post
Not my worst but maybe one of the funniest:

[8:37] [Team] REDACTED: hold 5km distance from Donatras ship

[8:39] [Team] REDACTED: hold 5km distance

[8:40] [Team] REDACTED: 5km, 5km distance

[8:40] [Team] ME: not possible with trico mines

[8:41] [Team] REDACTED: don't fire the mines

Maybe that explains why this Captain only did 7% of all damage during this STF according to ACT ( i did 35 %).

Whats next? "Don't fire at him! He will cloak!"
with trics, its easy. you go in, get a few shots, get the aggro, and just escape dropping mines while she is following (and donatra basically moves into the mines). however if you cant hold aggro, then just leave it, and stay 5km away (I have so much fun with my gravity wells, keeping donatra in place, just to see how impatient tric captains are, while it would truly be faster if they just shot it at 5km)

also if that guy was on the other side, the combatlog would pretty much be inaccurate for him.



also here is a story of mine:
CSE, we group from elite stf (so thats a double fail, not even pugs), I just join the queue, we already start (well, I guess they talked strategy already, since the last sentence I caught was about describing mrrmll). one guy drops, we have to inv another, nothing is told, and start as soon as the replacement guy (whom I had a bad stf exp with, where we were the only two competent players, so guess it was a bad omen ), we start, no strategy is explained.

we go mrrmll as usual, and when the negvars pop, someone dies, and as he respawns cries that the kang is surrounded with BoPs. I tried to help, but when I saw its a lost cause, I just quit, since I did not want to take a timer on a CSE, that was failed because the match creator decided to be stupid, and I was a fool to assume that he is not an idiot.

on the other hand, the CSE I took after, I topped my best DPS ever, so in the end, I didnt care about the first try
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
# 1386
12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
So what is the true story regarding Donatras ship? From my experience the cloak initiates by extensive damage more that being close to her. What is your experience?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,761
# 1387
12-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, when I've done 5km or higher in a pug, she never cloaked and we just decimated her in no time. Maybe it is spike damage related.


And on that note, I just had a record (for me) run with random players from OPvP in Infected.

lol 10%. No trics either.

God I wish the pugs I team up with most of the time were as good as those guys.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 1388
12-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilpwny View Post
So what is the true story regarding Donatras ship? From my experience the cloak initiates by extensive damage more that being close to her. What is your experience?
the one who she targets has to be further than 5km, so the cloak wont start. if the targeted one gets close, she cloaks (unless her cloak is still on CD, which is not a long CD). if she targets someone outside 5km, but retartgets someone who is near her, donatra will cloak. simple as that
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 84
# 1389
12-31-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
the one who she targets has to be further than 5km, so the cloak wont start. if the targeted one gets close, she cloaks (unless her cloak is still on CD, which is not a long CD). if she targets someone outside 5km, but retartgets someone who is near her, donatra will cloak. simple as that
This brings up a question I'm sure people here will be able to answer: Does Donatra's Cloak follow all the normal rules e.g. Not while tractored, not in a grav well, etc.

Could a well coordinated team keep her present by always having one cloak denying power active? Can she be denied by a CPB just after she cloaks? Or is her cloak magical (can't be knocked out from)?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1390
12-31-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericphail View Post
This brings up a question I'm sure people here will be able to answer: Does Donatra's Cloak follow all the normal rules e.g. Not while tractored, not in a grav well, etc.

Could a well coordinated team keep her present by always having one cloak denying power active? Can she be denied by a CPB just after she cloaks? Or is her cloak magical (can't be knocked out from)?
Nope. Her cloak is perfect. There is no way to stop her from entering it, and no way to kick her out of it. Also her shields stay up while she's cloaked.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 PM.