Captain
# 71
12-27-2012, 09:34 PM
With Worf, the expat thing definitely contributes too.

That said, I can't help but notice that the clone of Kahless and the monks of Boreth seem to think fairly similarly to Worf, which is what makes me suspect there are some oft-ignored religious/spiritual writings guiding Worf's conduct.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Career Officer
# 72
12-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daharmasterklag View Post
I have several that I really hate in no particular order, except for humans which are the worst of the lot for all the painfully obvious reasons. The rest of the species are aesthetically repulsive or just a stupid concept.. some are both.

1 Humans
2 Kazon
3 Chalnoth
4 Xindi Reptilians
5 Sheliak
6 Suliban
7 All the cat species - Antican, Caitian, etc
8 Antedean
9 Pakleds
10 Tellarite
Actually agree on point 1.

Humans in Trek WERE portrayed as being somewhat arrogant. To quote Tuvok from the Voyager episode "Flashback":

Valtane: Vulcans. You guys need to relax.

Tuvok: No, I will not relax. Ever since I entered the academy, I've had to endure the egocentric nature of humanity. You believe that everyone in the galaxy should be like you, that we should all share your sense of humour and your human values.

And Captain Sulu himself displayed said attitude:

Sulu: Mr Tuvok, if you're going to remain on my ship, you're gonna have to learn how to appreciate a joke. And don't tell me Vulcans don't have a sense of humor, because I know better.

Tuvok: I will... work on it, sir.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 73
12-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenonlydrock View Post
Great... and now I have another image of Worf.

You know those white suburbanite kids who try too hard to be 'gangsta'?

Yeah... that's Worf. Trying too hard to be Klingon. *LOL*
No, that doesn't work. Worf is more like the Black kid living with a Mormon family in the middle of Happy Vally Utah trying to be 'gangsta'.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 74
12-28-2012, 06:53 AM
All of the extremely generic and dull species encountered by Voyager in the Delta Quadrant that only varied according to the minor details in their forehead and nose ridges.

That said, I did love the Hirogen and Kazon who were also introduced in Voyager.
Career Officer
# 75
12-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Vulcans.

For a species that prides themselves on pure logic, they certainly don't seem to notice the logic in being personable and relatable with their counterparts from other species who don't. The majority of Vulcans portrayed on Star Trek were arrogant, conceited, inflexible, and illogically demanding of those around them.

That having been said, both Spock and T'Pol warmed up over the course of their respective series, and became far better characters in the end. Tuvok, not so much.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 76
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree that it ought to be illogical to knowingly do offense to others in situations where you a) know it's offensive to others and b) you understand that offending an emotional being means you will not be able to get things done efficiently.

I also heard a line in my company's diversity course that was really good, and I'm surprised it's not taught to Vulcans: "Treat others not as YOU want to be treated--but as THEY want to be treated."

That ought to apply to human-Vulcan relations. That way, both sides have to make an effort.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 77
12-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Binars.

Hyper-evolved borderline cyborg race smart enough to know their star is about to supernova, build a fleet to conduct a mass exodus, and forget to build a second computer big enough to hold their collective history - so they need to steal the Enterprise, only ship with enough data storage on it to hold their complete history...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Republic Veteran
# 78
12-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
Binars.

Hyper-evolved borderline cyborg race smart enough to know their star is about to supernova, build a fleet to conduct a mass exodus, and forget to build a second computer big enough to hold their collective history - so they need to steal the Enterprise, only ship with enough data storage on it to hold their complete history...
As I recall, they weren't building a fleet: they needed the Enterprise computer as a backup for theirs which had been damaged by a nearby supernova event.
Starfleet Veteran
# 79
12-28-2012, 01:16 PM
There were some very strange species in one VOY episode. Captian Bracksten had been sent back in time with Janeway + ship and crew to earth. They were in america , and this guy had stolen Brackstens time ship. It is on this episode that we see a very strange species. It was a Human, with the spikey hair. Reason I do not like it is beacuse Chakotay did not and that is to modern for me. Sorry
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 80
12-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
No, that doesn't work. Worf is more like the Black kid living with a Mormon family in the middle of Happy Vally Utah trying to be 'gangsta'.
Or maybe he's Carlton?

HE'S CARLTON! *LOL*