Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,249
# 101
12-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I said bombarded not genocided
After being bombarded, living conditions on Cardassia became such that genocide would probably have been more humane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Drug manufacture has always been grounds for rain of fire tactics (ask the DEA)
I disagree. Drugs are illegal for no reason other than because the authorities can't tax them. As mentioned above, pharmaceuticals are still drugs, companies are still profitering from their sale, and in some cases, Class A stuff was formerly used for medicinal purposes, so I don't draw a distinction between the two, and see policies against Class A stuff as hypocritical, and not truly in the best interests of The People. Arguably, the people in various countries which do produce drugs are simply farmers. If they lived in other countries, their produce may be coffee, sugar etc... They don't deserve to get napalmed out of existence for trying to make a living (For the record, I don't partake in any drugs, I'm simply talking from a philosophical perspective)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Don't you guys have some super prison where you can keep him?
A bullet in the back of the head would be a better use of tax-payers money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Ah well thats POWS who are after all Soldiers and therefore people
And in the context of Insurrection, that's what the Son'a officers were...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
yep
when not if they are elected the Greeks will be out of debt and out of europe in less than a month (the "loans" are technically illegal in the first place)
The sooner the EU comes to an end the better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
A wide variety of them?
That's what one gets for treating Data like property...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
also picard , riker , tom paris , etc
I always thought that despite his 'bad boy' reputation, Tom Paris was a pretty good guy... He stood up for people regardless of if they were his friend or not, never messed women around once in a committed relationship, and only got busted by Janeway for what was a morally justifiable reason. The kind of reason she would have done herself if she felt the need to ignore the Prime Directive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Got to watch out for super powered/skilled damaged women (see also firefly , elektra and Cat woman)
Not too many of those out and about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
General order 1 is sufficient
With regards bodymodifications/self-mutilations? Are you aware what General Order 34 actually states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Maybe not
but if you eat the fruit grown on occupied ground you are guilty
Tell that to the starving war-orphans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
HMM maybe maybe not
Can you cite any other examples of when they'd've 'knocked boots'? When Data discusses his past with Mrs Hansen, the length of time he states would fit right back to the shenanigans of "The Naked Now".
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 102
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I said bombarded not genocided

After being bombarded, living conditions on Cardassia became such that genocide would probably have been more humane...
Depends on the bombardment
you just hit them until they renounce the drug trade , slavery and mutlilation


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Drug manufacture has always been grounds for rain of fire tactics (ask the DEA)

I disagree. Drugs are illegal for no reason other than because the authorities can't tax them.
no they are illegal because they make you talk to furniture and try to fly

Quote:
As mentioned above, pharmaceuticals are still drugs, companies are still profitering from their sale, and in some cases, Class A stuff was formerly used for medicinal purposes, so I don't draw a distinction between the two, and see policies against Class A stuff as hypocritical, and not truly in the best interests of The People. Arguably, the people in various countries which do produce drugs are simply farmers. If they lived in other countries, their produce may be coffee, sugar etc... They don't deserve to get napalmed out of existence for trying to make a living (For the record, I don't partake in any drugs, I'm simply talking from a philosophical perspective)
Drugs kill directly and indirectly
for example the opium wars and of course Afghanistan



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Don't you guys have some super prison where you can keep him?

A bullet in the back of the head would be a better use of tax-payers money...
Can you afford a silver bullet with the recession??

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Ah well thats POWS who are after all Soldiers and therefore people

And in the context of Insurrection, that's what the Son'a officers were...
Clearly not
there was no war in progress (claims its part of the dominion war have since been thrown into doubt )
if they were at war with the federation then the Admiral has to be considered a traitor and his team turncoats

if they were not at war with the federation they are pirates (who under laws as old as time get no mercy)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
yep
when not if they are elected the Greeks will be out of debt and out of europe in less than a month (the "loans" are technically illegal in the first place)

The sooner the EU comes to an end the better...
Well ideally not until march please

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
A wide variety of them?

That's what one gets for treating Data like property...
Well aren't all men treated that way by their ladies?


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
also picard , riker , tom paris , etc

I always thought that despite his 'bad boy' reputation, Tom Paris was a pretty good guy... He stood up for people regardless of if they were his friend or not, never messed women around once in a committed relationship, and only got busted by Janeway for what was a morally justifiable reason. The kind of reason she would have done herself if she felt the need to ignore the Prime Directive.
Tom should have relieved her of command the DAY she put terrorists on the bridge of course



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Got to watch out for super powered/skilled damaged women (see also firefly , elektra and Cat woman)

Not too many of those out and about...
seem to be more than we need?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
General order 1 is sufficient

With regards bodymodifications/self-mutilations? Are you aware what General Order 34 actually states?
not a lot ?
its non canon

But I think its the one that says
"If your first officer comes on duty and asks you to call him sandra and asks to wear a bright pink and yellow dress and droplet earings ,you say Carry on Sandra"


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Maybe not
but if you eat the fruit grown on occupied ground you are guilty

Tell that to the starving war-orphans...
"Hello starving war orphans your parents generation occupied another peoples planet and now you have to starve , tough luck "

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
HMM maybe maybe not

Can you cite any other examples of when they'd've 'knocked boots'? When Data discusses his past with Mrs Hansen, the length of time he states would fit right back to the shenanigans of "The Naked Now".
there is some (somewhat weak) evidence they continued
mainly in her fairwell messasge
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,249
# 103
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Depends on the bombardment
you just hit them until they renounce the drug trade , slavery and mutlilation
It's not the Federation or Starfleet's place to alter the way another society behaves, in fact, that's precisely what the Prime Directive exists to protect about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
no they are illegal because they make you talk to furniture and try to fly
That's pretty funny Not true though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Drugs kill directly and indirectly
Meh. Supply and demand... I couldn't care less what people pump into themselves, I object to the false morality of governments which pretends that it is protecting its citizens, yet allows alcohol and tobacco which are also drugs and harmful to health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
for example the opium wars and of course Afghanistan
Political machinations waaay beyond what the public are allowed to know about, nothing whatsoever to do with a few poppy growers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Can you afford a silver bullet with the recession??
Sadly not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Clearly not
there was no war in progress (claims its part of the dominion war have since been thrown into doubt )
if they were at war with the federation then the Admiral has to be considered a traitor and his team turncoats
However you want to view it, war or no war, I really don't care: The Son'a officers had to be held in some kind of custody for Dougherty to order their release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well aren't all men treated that way by their ladies?
Not in my experience... YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Tom should have relieved her of command the DAY she put terrorists on the bridge of course
Actually, that responsibility would fall to the highest ranking Starfleet Officer: Tuvok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
not a lot ?
its non canon
Soft-canon (ie authorized/licensed materials) is canon until contradicted/superceded by hard canon of episode or film...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
But I think its the one that says
"If your first officer comes on duty and asks you to call him sandra and asks to wear a bright pink and yellow dress and droplet earings ,you say Carry on Sandra"
Actually, that would most likely be a breach of the Starfleet uniform code...
General Order 34 states: Starfleet captains will honor, respect, and display extreme tolerance for species-based customs and practices insofar as the safety of the vessel is not threatened by such practices.
What you consider to be 'self-mutilation' on the part of the Son'a, is exactly the kind of 'species-based customs and practices' which GO 34 says a Captain must tolerate (both in their crew, and in dealing with alien races)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
"Hello starving war orphans your parents generation occupied another peoples planet and now you have to starve , tough luck "
Not an appropriate attitude for a Starfleet officer to maintain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
there is some (somewhat weak) evidence they continued
mainly in her fairwell messasge
I'll have to review that message. I believed it to have been a single encounter which Data then fixated upon...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 104
12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Depends on the bombardment
you just hit them until they renounce the drug trade , slavery and mutlilation

It's not the Federation or Starfleet's place to alter the way another society behaves, in fact, that's precisely what the Prime Directive exists to protect about.
No but it is the duty of all civilised peoples to spread freedom , sobriety and sanity


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
no they are illegal because they make you talk to furniture and try to fly

That's pretty funny Not true though...
Seen it happen (person on a combination of drugs and booze started talking to a wardrobe)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Drugs kill directly and indirectly

Meh. Supply and demand... I couldn't care less what people pump into themselves, I object to the false morality of governments which pretends that it is protecting its citizens, yet allows alcohol and tobacco which are also drugs and harmful to health.
See I would regard to tobacco trade as equally dangerous
Alcohol was already banned once it could be again
as to supply and demand it leads to wars and eventually society collapses

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
for example the opium wars and of course Afghanistan

Political machinations waaay beyond what the public are allowed to know about, nothing whatsoever to do with a few poppy growers...
a few?
did you know that Afghanistan today grows more drug crops than the whole of south america?


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Can you afford a silver bullet with the recession??

Sadly not...
I am led to believe that a flame thrower might work



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Clearly not
there was no war in progress (claims its part of the dominion war have since been thrown into doubt )
if they were at war with the federation then the Admiral has to be considered a traitor and his team turncoats

However you want to view it, war or no war, I really don't care: The Son'a officers had to be held in some kind of custody for Dougherty to order their release.
yes but as civil prisoners definately


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Well aren't all men treated that way by their ladies?

Not in my experience... YMMV
you have been very fortunate as I have said before

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Tom should have relieved her of command the DAY she put terrorists on the bridge of course

Actually, that responsibility would fall to the highest ranking Starfleet Officer: Tuvok
you mean an emotionally unstable comrade of the terrorists??

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
not a lot ?
its non canon

Soft-canon (ie authorized/licensed materials) is canon until contradicted/superceded by hard canon of episode or film...
General orders are only canon if GENE wrote them



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
But I think its the one that says
"If your first officer comes on duty and asks you to call him sandra and asks to wear a bright pink and yellow dress and droplet earings ,you say Carry on Sandra"

Actually, that would most likely be a breach of the Starfleet uniform code...
not in the latest version of STOverse

Quote:
General Order 34 states: Starfleet captains will honor, respect, and display extreme tolerance for species-based customs and practices insofar as the safety of the vessel is not threatened by such practices.
Thus they must respect the Borgs culture??
I think its a bad idea

Quote:
What you consider to be 'self-mutilation' on the part of the Son'a, is exactly the kind of 'species-based customs and practices' which GO 34 says a Captain must tolerate (both in their crew, and in dealing with alien races)
nah its "evidence of racial insanity"



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
"Hello starving war orphans your parents generation occupied another peoples planet and now you have to starve , tough luck "

Not an appropriate attitude for a Starfleet officer to maintain...
depends how high he scored in Ethics class
and its perfectly logical and correct as well for anyone who has a sense of justice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
there is some (somewhat weak) evidence they continued
mainly in her fairwell messasge

I'll have to review that message. I believed it to have been a single encounter which Data then fixated upon...
his one true love in as much as a machine can love
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,162
# 105
12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Worf: "Definitely feeling aggressive tendency, sir!"

Commander Riker: You think it's possible for two people to go back in time, undo a mistake they've made?
Counselor Deanna Troi: On this ship? Anything's possible...

Data: In the event of a water landing, I have been designed to act as a flotation device.

[to Deanna]
Riker: I kiss you and you say "yuck"?

Data: I seem to be missing several memory engrams.
[Geordi shows him several microchips he is holding in his hand]
Data: There they are.

Far too many "Funnies" to post. Story line was a little 'dodgy'. Just because the Ba'ku were not Indigenous to the planet, doesn't mean they can be removed, "Just Because".
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,249
# 106
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
No but it is the duty of all civilised peoples to spread freedom , sobriety and sanity
I disagree. I don't believe that it is the place for anyone to enforce their lifestyle upon another, regardless of if it may 'be an improvement'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Seen it happen (person on a combination of drugs and booze started talking to a wardrobe)
Oh I don't deny the situation, I'm just saying that that's not the reason why certain drugs are illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
See I would regard to tobacco trade as equally dangerous
Indeed, the difference being, the tobacco producers of the US pay the government taxes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Alcohol was already banned once it could be again
as to supply and demand it leads to wars and eventually society collapses
Of course it could be banned again, and such prohibition would be as effective as it was before. Given the relatively easy availability of illicit narcotics, I believe it to be a safe point to state that the 'war on drugs' is not exactly going well... I just wish the governments would stop hiding behind the defense that the care about people's welfare, when it's really a matter of sour grapes on an inability to tax the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a few?
did you know that Afghanistan today grows more drug crops than the whole of south america?
I did not know that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I am led to believe that a flame thrower might work
With any luck, he'll be standing by Simon Cowell when it goes off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
yes but as civil prisoners definately
Civil or otherwise, if the Son'a officers were being held in custody, it is equally likely that the Starfleet members of the ground crew were being detained somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
you have been very fortunate as I have said before
I have indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
you mean an emotionally unstable comrade of the terrorists??
Tuvok was no 'comrade of the terrorists', he was only aboard Chakotay's ship as an intelligence operative, not a sympathizer...
As for his 'emotional instability', it was eventually revealed that his neural peptides were deteriorating . Who knows how long he had been able to mask his symptoms... Any 'emotional instability' can certainly be attributed to illness, rather than a flaw in character, unlike T'Pol, who's intentional Trellium abuse caused neurological damage, and eroded her emotional control (which even her mother admitted had always been weak) Either way, he was still the ranking Starfleet officer below Janeway, and if anyone was to have assumed command, it should have been him, not Tom, and by your judgement, certainly not Chakotay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
General orders are only canon if GENE wrote them
I disagree. I consider the participation of other writers to be the same as 'a group meditation', as they were all focusing on the same topic, and thus still canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
not in the latest version of STOverse
Actually, I believe it still would be, because there have not been pink and yellow dresses issued as Starfleet uniforms, and the STOverse simply allows for the wearing of any historical Starfleet uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Thus they must respect the Borgs culture??
Insofar as the safety of the vessel is not threatened by such practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I think its a bad idea
You think that blowing up the Organians, Son'a, and refusing humanitarian aid to war-orphans are good ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
depends how high he scored in Ethics class
and its perfectly logical and correct as well for anyone who has a sense of justice
Hmm, I suspect that any Starfleet officer witnessed refusing humanitarian aid to war orphans on an away team would find themselves on the end of, if not formal disciplinary procedures, definitely a Code Red from their fellow officers... Kindness is not an emotion, but a virtue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
his one true love in as much as a machine can love
Very much so, until Mrs Hansen came along...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 107
12-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
No but it is the duty of all civilised peoples to spread freedom , sobriety and sanity

I disagree. I don't believe that it is the place for anyone to enforce their lifestyle upon another, regardless of if it may 'be an improvement'...
Ah well on that we disagree
But fortunately we do not have to fight about it
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Seen it happen (person on a combination of drugs and booze started talking to a wardrobe)

Oh I don't deny the situation, I'm just saying that that's not the reason why certain drugs are illegal.
is where im from (if they did not make you do daft things they would be legal)



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
See I would regard to tobacco trade as equally dangerous

Indeed, the difference being, the tobacco producers of the US pay the government taxes...
so we tax weed at the same rate
or we ban them both

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Alcohol was already banned once it could be again
as to supply and demand it leads to wars and eventually society collapses

Of course it could be banned again, and such prohibition would be as effective as it was before.
was fairly effective for about 6 weeks (volstead act I refer to for those who do not know)
then people started running it in from canada etc
Quote:
Given the relatively easy availability of illicit narcotics, I believe it to be a safe point to state that the 'war on drugs' is not exactly going well... I just wish the governments would stop hiding behind the defense that the care about people's welfare, when it's really a matter of sour grapes on an inability to tax the industry.
the obvious thing is to
1 confiscate ALL assets of Drug dealers and use to pay off the national debt
2 make all jail terms for drug possession life
Simple huh


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
a few?
did you know that Afghanistan today grows more drug crops than the whole of south america?

I did not know that...
well they do
weird huh
under the taliban it was bad now its a lot worse


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I am led to believe that a flame thrower might work

With any luck, he'll be standing by Simon Cowell when it goes off...
Simon Cowell does not burn you need a wooden stake and burial at the crossroads

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
yes but as civil prisoners definately

Civil or otherwise, if the Son'a officers were being held in custody, it is equally likely that the Starfleet members of the ground crew were being detained somehow...
I hope so

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
you have been very fortunate as I have said before

I have indeed
May you continue to be so

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
you mean an emotionally unstable comrade of the terrorists??

Tuvok was no 'comrade of the terrorists', he was only aboard Chakotay's ship as an intelligence operative, not a sympathizer...
nah he was turned
he failed to shoot any of them and treated them as friends

Quote:
As for his 'emotional instability', it was eventually revealed that his neural peptides were deteriorating . Who knows how long he had been able to mask his symptoms...
badly I could see it and im no counsellor

Quote:
Any 'emotional instability' can certainly be attributed to illness, rather than a flaw in character, unlike T'Pol, who's intentional Trellium abuse caused neurological damage, and eroded her emotional control (which even her mother admitted had always been weak) Either way, he was still the ranking Starfleet officer below Janeway, and if anyone was to have assumed command, it should have been him, not Tom, and by your judgement, certainly not Chakotay...
actually Harry kim and the chief engineer were both senior to paris
BUT Paris was sane

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
General orders are only canon if GENE wrote them

I disagree. I consider the participation of other writers to be the same as 'a group meditation', as they were all focusing on the same topic, and thus still canon.
that allows for "General order 699201"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
not in the latest version of STOverse

Actually, I believe it still would be, because there have not been pink and yellow dresses issued as Starfleet uniforms, and the STOverse simply allows for the wearing of any historical Starfleet uniform.
I saw a pink and yellow dressed man in ESD last month (some sort of robe probably Vedek)
thats why I used it as an example

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Thus they must respect the Borgs culture??

Insofar as the safety of the vessel is not threatened by such practices.
I would find it impossible to respect a parasitic organism

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I think its a bad idea

You think that blowing up the Organians, Son'a, and refusing humanitarian aid to war-orphans are good ideas...
not at all
they can have humanitarian aid
AFTER and only after the occupation is over and all their troops are out of the occupied planet
This is basic to me
occupiers of others worlds , countries or bathrooms must leave with nothing


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
depends how high he scored in Ethics class
and its perfectly logical and correct as well for anyone who has a sense of justice

Hmm, I suspect that any Starfleet officer witnessed refusing humanitarian aid to war orphans on an away team would find themselves on the end of, if not formal disciplinary procedures, definitely a Code Red from their fellow officers... Kindness is not an emotion, but a virtue.
Ah the "code red"
where your fellow officers try and attack you and wind up beaten to death with a shoe??
Its not humanitarian
I said they do not get fruit stolen from others
they can have as many replicated rations as they like (as long as its oatmeal)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
his one true love in as much as a machine can love

Very much so, until Mrs Hansen came along...
have you noticed the name Hansen appears a LOT in trek?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,085
# 108
12-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Worf: "Definitely feeling aggressive tendency, sir!"

Commander Riker: You think it's possible for two people to go back in time, undo a mistake they've made?
Counselor Deanna Troi: On this ship? Anything's possible...

Data: In the event of a water landing, I have been designed to act as a flotation device.

[to Deanna]
Riker: I kiss you and you say "yuck"?

Data: I seem to be missing several memory engrams.
[Geordi shows him several microchips he is holding in his hand]
Data: There they are.

Far too many "Funnies" to post. Story line was a little 'dodgy'. Just because the Ba'ku were not Indigenous to the planet, doesn't mean they can be removed, "Just Because".
I agree. It's not an epic story, but a very good one.

Like I pointed out earlier, technically, the solar system was Ba'ku territory and the Federation's claim to it was invalid. Insurrection is set in 2375. The Ba'ku started living there over 300 years prior. Thus the Ba'ku settled the world around 2070. Where was the Federation? First Contact takes place in 2063... Yeah. The Ba'ku had been living there for almost as long as the Federation existed.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,162
# 109
12-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I agree. It's not an epic story, but a very good one.

Like I pointed out earlier, technically, the solar system was Ba'ku territory and the Federation's claim to it was invalid. Insurrection is set in 2375. The Ba'ku started living there over 300 years prior. Thus the Ba'ku settled the world around 2070. Where was the Federation? First Contact takes place in 2063... Yeah. The Ba'ku had been living there for almost as long as the Federation existed.
Very true. If the Federation can remove the Ba'ku, then the Cardassians can have Bajor. 3 years, 300 years or 300 millions years. It makes no difference. The Ba'ku settled an uninhabited planet in their space. It became theirs.

I wonder if this same argument would be happening, if Earth tried to evict the settlers on Mars
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 12-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,249
# 110
12-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Ah well on that we disagree
But fortunately we do not have to fight about it
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
is where im from (if they did not make you do daft things they would be legal)
All the time governments are unable to tax the producers, the product will remain illegal. As mentioned, both cocaine and opium used to be legal and used pharmaceutically...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
so we tax weed at the same rate
or we ban them both
Agreed. That said, I personally think all drugs should be decriminalized, taxed and regulated as alcohol and tobacco are now. If that money from the taxes was going into the government's pocket, the US government might even be able to provide a free national health service like in the UK... (and if the taxes were going into the UK government's pocket, they could afford to improve ours...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
the obvious thing is to
1 confiscate ALL assets of Drug dealers and use to pay off the national debt
2 make all jail terms for drug possession life
Simple huh
There're places in South East Asia where drug-running will earn someone the death sentence, yet people still do it... Legislation simply does not work, as by definition, criminals do not obey the law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
well they do
weird huh
under the taliban it was bad now its a lot worse
Yeah. Funny how the taliban used to be US allies against the USSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Simon Cowell does not burn you need a wooden stake and burial at the crossroads
That definitely sounds about right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I hope so
If the Son'a officers were in custody, I'm sure the Starfleet officers were as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
May you continue to be so
Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
nah he was turned
he failed to shoot any of them and treated them as friends
When do you mean? Before Chakotay's ship got pulled into the Delta Quadrant? It would've rather blown his cover if he had... As for treating them as friends (afterwards) it's only logical to have cordial relations with one's co-workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
badly I could see it and im no counsellor
Indeed, but mental illness is very different from simply having poor mental discipline like T'Pol...



Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
actually Harry kim and the chief engineer were both senior to paris
BUT Paris was sane
But not senior to Tuvok, who was not 'mentally incapacitated enough' to be relieved of duties... What happened to Lieutenant Carey? Did he get killed, or did he just disappear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
that allows for "General order 699201"
I'm unfamiliar with that General Order, and can find no reference for it... Making things up on the spot is no way to win a debate...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I saw a pink and yellow dressed man in ESD last month (some sort of robe probably Vedek)
thats why I used it as an example
Not a Starfleet-issued uniform though, nor a species-based custom... (For the rather Human-sounding Sandra...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I would find it impossible to respect a parasitic organism
As long as the safety of the vessel isn't compromised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
not at all
they can have humanitarian aid
AFTER and only after the occupation is over and all their troops are out of the occupied planet
This is basic to me
occupiers of others worlds , countries or bathrooms must leave with nothing
Civilians should not be held accountable for the actions of their nation's military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Ah the "code red"
where your fellow officers try and attack you and wind up beaten to death with a shoe??
Or beaten with bars of soap in towels, or with a chemical-soaked rag down the throat

I think any officer who was to refuse aid to a war orphan, upon next entering the mess-hall, would no doubt have their food 'tampered with' in front of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I said they do not get fruit stolen from others
they can have as many replicated rations as they like (as long as its oatmeal)
Ahh, that's quite different, and quite a different image from what your previous post conjured up... I had the image of starving Cardassian children approaching Starfleet officers with begging bowls, only to be kicked to the dirt and mocked like something out of a Dickens novel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
have you noticed the name Hansen appears a LOT in trek?
Indeed, definitely an actively contributory family to the era, I wonder if that was ever intentional on the writer's part or simply coincidental...

Last edited by marcusdkane; 12-28-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 AM.