Lieutenant
# 1 STO Teamspeak
12-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Can someone point me to a good tutorial on how to use teamspeak in the game? I've downloaded it. The microphone works. But I don't hear anyone, and no one hears me.

--> Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the forum login here is NOT secure??? <--
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Teamspeak is an outside program that uses separate servers. You need to connect to a server (many larger fleets have them or Ventrillo servers - you'll need to get your server info from your fleet), and join a channel in the teamspeak window (servers are frequently set up to put new connections in an unused room, sometimes muted my default until they switch).

If you're referring to the built-in voice chat, almost nobody uses it. It's quality is poor, and silver accounts have to endure ads through it. So most people turn it off entirely.
Career Officer
# 3
12-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Also worth mentioning there are some general STO chat rooms you can use. Search on the channel browser in Team Speak to find them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labtinnion View Post
Can someone point me to a good tutorial on how to use teamspeak in the game? I've downloaded it. The microphone works. But I don't hear anyone, and no one hears me.
Are you using a headset?

Try going into Microsoft's sound settings and setting the microphone and your headset as default devices.

If that doesn't work you may have to poke around your sound card or mother board settings to see if any changes need to be made there.

If you could post more details I'd love to help.
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp