Commander
Simple suggestion, interested in seeing what everyone thinks of this. I brought the idea up to my Fedside Fleet and they LOVED it.

Create a Rank 5 in Diplomacy. This should not be easily attainable. Simple criteria could be 200K Diplomacy Commendation points. More complicated would be a Diplomacy Reputation System, or a series of special Diplomatic Investigation missions that awards special commendation points. (special missions would unlock at Rank 4)

The reward would be a CROSS FACTION SHIP!

Federation Ambassadors would unlock a special Bird of Prey. The ship would be statistically identical to the Hegh'ta Heavy BoP except that it would have one Commander Universal Station, two Lt. Cmndr Universal Stations and one Lt. Universal Station. (like the fleet BoP) It would also have the Enhanced Battle Clock feature. The skin would also match the Hegh'ta.

KDF Ambassadors would unlock a unique Tactical Science Ship. This ship would have 3 Fore and 3 Aft weapons and Subsystem Targeting like a typical science ship. Consoles would be 3 of each type. Bridge officers would be Commander Science, Lt.Cmdr Tactical, Lt. Cmndr Engineer and Lt. Science. This ship would be able to load cannons. All other statistics and the skin would be a match to the Recon Science Vessel.

Both ships would have permanent Diplomatic Immunity/Raiding Party Driver Coil buff in Sector Space.

Again, the bar should be set high to attain these rewards, but IMHO it would be something that makes sense, and encourages and rewards something other than just pew pew missions. Personally I would like to see this be part of either a reputation system or a featured episode arc.

Hope everyone likes this idea as much as I do.

Last edited by glassguitar; 12-28-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Captain
# 2
12-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Idea is too controversial. Faction ships should stay with their faction and not be available to the other faction. Feds would be complaining about not getting the Tactical Science Ship and KDF would be complaining about not getting the special Bird of Prey.
Commander
# 3
12-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Idea is too controversial. Faction ships should stay with their faction and not be available to the other faction. Feds would be complaining about not getting the Tactical Science Ship and KDF would be complaining about not getting the special Bird of Prey.
The idea is that each ship has the features most missed by the other faction. Fed get Universal Seating and Battle Clock, KDF get a real Science Ship that is tailored to KDF style.

How is this going to generate more complaints that the current "KDF doesn't have a real science ship" and "us Feds can't cloak like that?"
Captain
# 4
12-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
The reward would be a CROSS FACTION SHIP!
No. [/thread]
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 5
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
The idea is that each ship has the features most missed by the other faction. Fed get Universal Seating and Battle Clock, KDF get a real Science Ship that is tailored to KDF style.

How is this going to generate more complaints that the current "KDF doesn't have a real science ship" and "us Feds can't cloak like that?"
Because it is a horrible cop out. Instead of creating a good KDF science ship or Feds getting another cloaked ship, it would give valid ships that belong to one side to the other side. KDF people that want a KDF science ship don't want a Fed Science ship, they want a KDF science ship. Feds that want more cloaked ships don't want a Bird of Prey, they want a cloaked Fed Ship. Besides there would be numerous complaints for Feds getting ships with all universal slots and more cloaked ships. That is supposed to be a KDF shtick and should never be Fed side.
Career Officer
# 6
12-28-2012, 01:07 PM
The other points made are good ones but I'll add another:

Diplomacy has a full slate of rewards already. The other categories could use love.
Captain
# 7
12-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Bad idea to give Fed bird of preys or free carrier, or to give give kdf more sci ships and cruisers that dont cloak but have stronger shields, each side should have a little different playstyle. Even worse is to make it unlockable through the doff system, which is essentially AFKable content. I am against this under any circumstance, but if it were to be done it shouldn't involve doffing, it should be really expensive and hard to get, requiring in the tens of thousands of dil, and some type of marks like fleet or omega, in the thousands range.