Ensign
# 1 Earning the Breen Ship
12-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Its never an easy task to earn this magnificent ship. If you were given a few extra days to earn one would it be beneficial to us in general. The answer is yes. If you extend the date until the rerun of episodes end, We could have enough people finishing the Autographs.
The only problem, However, is do we all want the Breen ship or do we just want to give up onto this amazing ship.

Truth be told i wouldn't and its wasn't easy because i was busy on certain days while the event ran and I have been missing a few days worth of autographs. "Its easier to extend a few days, If one person and enough people of support the ship can be ours and we can do incredible things with it.

The only problem is that if you have nearly enough of the 1000 Q's Autographs and you missed a few days wouldn't you agree with this and actually support this cause. It a ship and if you want it we need support to get a couple of days or even to January 14th. just as long as we earned enough of autographs to obtain this mysteriously ship that if was put on the lobi store would cost more most likely more then the actual temporal destroyer (Much firepower but overprice) and we wouldn't want that. Now what do you think. Are you on board or are you just "thinking why should I care I got the ship" A decision that is up to you to decide.
Captain
# 2
12-28-2012, 08:52 AM
The quest for pictures has been open for almost a month. If you really wanted the ship you should've found a way to participate. I'm sorry some haven't the foresight or desire to modify their lives to chase this wonderful prize, but cryptic shouldn't have to modify the rules for those who obviously didn't want the gift bad enough.

I'll mourn for your loss while I'm flying mine.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 3
12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't have mine. I am almost there. But those who want an extension will get no sympathy from me. Cryptic stated that starting December 6th, you had the chance to run the race every day for 35+ days. You only needed to run it 25 times. You had a week and a half that you could miss and still be able to get it. So... no. No extension.

If you couldn't be bothered to log on for 5 minutes each day (depending on loading times and how long it takes you to run the race), then I'm sorry to say, TS (and no, that doesn't mean torpedo spread). Trust me, 5 minutes. You can do that between your shower and going to sleep. Because I am sure that even being unable to log on, you still went on to facebook or checked your email. The only excuse anyone would have would be if they were on a red-eye flight or had a power outage.

But also hear this. Cryptic put a 20 hour cooldown on this mission. Not 24, but 20. So it was possibly to get more than 35 runs on the mission. So as I said, no, no extension. You couldn't be bothered to put time aside to get it, you had a 10 day buffer that you could miss. They were more than kind here.

I will probably completely forget about you and everyone else who missed it as I fly around in my Chel'gret wondering how the KDF and Starfleet ever won the Dominion war.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 4
12-28-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that the race does run until the 14th, as that is when Winter Wonderland ends. They made it '35+ days' pretty quickly, so I think you're still good.
Captain
# 5
12-28-2012, 02:42 PM
And after all THAT... you could blow money on lobi crystals, too.
Captain
# 6
12-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I agree with the other posters, no extension is needed. Even on work days where I have to leave early I still have enough time to log in and run the race on multiple characters. You only need to take 5 min out of your schedule each day to give you enough time to log in and do the race on 1 character per day. If you can't do that and still want the ship, you need to purchase lockbox keys to get enough lobi to get it. This is how the game is supported, they can't just give you a permanent opourtunity to get a ship that is lockbox quality for free. If you miss out on the very generous window they give to get it free, you must pay and support the game.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't have mine either BUT, like the others, I've taken time (everyday) from the real world to run this race (across 3 alts) and still be finished within half an hour each day.

I WILL have the ship(s) by December 31 though (after 25 days of racing) and have not spent a single Lobi crystal to do so. If everyone else could do it, I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

Sorry but I, too, won't be signing off on your request.

Good luck to you.
Captain
# 8
12-28-2012, 03:43 PM
I say no extension. I live a busy life between work, family, etc. So even myself was able to spend 5 mins to do the mission. Plus had to wait another 5+ to get my Bootcamp to load up on my Mac. So I can play it. So it can be done. So far I only missed 1 day. And on track to have it still around New Years. Plus they give you like 10 days to miss. So surely if you work on it you can still get it. If you wanted it bad enough. After I saw how the race was. I'm like I can get this. And made it happen.

How I did it was to set it up. To have the timer done by the time I logged on the next day. And kept that time schedule to a certain degree. So each day soon as I got home from work. I logged on and did it real quick. And got back off. On weekends same thing, but I usually play around that time anyways. So that was just a small side quest.
Captain
# 9
12-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter25 View Post
I WILL have the ship(s) by December 31 ...
I am at 920 Pictures, its just 2 more days for me.

That said, I will get the ship before December ends because I run every day since it started, people could miss a day or even a week and still get it because the event will end on the 14th, meaning people have about a couple of weeks to catch up in case they missed days.

As much I can understand, I think extension should only be considered when there is a week left and if it merits, also there is the question of leftover pictures of people that continued to race after they gained the ship and of people that might have missed the amount required and left with nothing.
Commander
# 10
12-28-2012, 03:59 PM
No cruiser for me. Ran every day till 480 pictures. Then 2 1/2 weeks of siting in nowhere with family for Christmas with the highest power computer device nearby being my phone. Bugger, was looking forward to having a face melter cruiser.