Ensign
# 3481 Just the one request
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
My Short, Mid and Long term requests are the same.
After four days downloading this game and many tickets which have so far only received a pro forma response, I would like the game to start.
It tries twice to auto update then gives me the "The patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function." error message. Error message 33 apparently. I have forwarded all the relevant information in my ticket.
I have no time for this rubbish, or the implication that it is my fault when I have a plethora of other games and online services that work fine, and these forums contain people who have had this same error with no joy from Cryptic going back to 2007 and up to now. The game sounds like fun. I was looking forward to trying it out.

They have one month to "allow" me to actually reach their servers then I'm uninstalling it. There's a lot of competition out there, so if they don't want any of my money in microtransactions or my business generally that's fine. I can do without the aggravation.
I await any assistance from Cryptic with bated breath.
Ensign
# 3482 Mea Culpa
12-28-2012, 04:42 PM
I have a solution for this at last.
For some reason despite already having an exception in the Firewall for Star Trek Online, my computer (Windows 7) needed a specific rule in place to allow for TCP Ports 80, 443, 7000-7500 to be allowed. It then needed to be rebooted again and after THAT I actually managed to log in.

I'm going to put this information on that long forum post I was trawling through.

My Thanks.

J
Ensign
# 3483 New Request
12-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Short Term:

I am sure that this may already been suggested. This is direclty for the the devs. I think that this is a very simple change and can be done rather easily. I propose a change the load screen when warping between the sector blocks (any sector block) or all. I think that the LCARS screen looks pretty tired an boring. In order to improve the experience, have an actual warp screen. A star field with the stars flying past at different speeds. You could change the loading percentages to reflect the total distance traveled from current postion to destination. It does not have to be a complete redesign. The star field that is visible if you visit the shuttle bridge is a pretty easy screen to copy and paste. If really wanted to get crazy, you could design a transwarp screen as seen in the Voyager series finale. Of couse, that was a Borg transwarp conduit but it can easily be FED like by adding the FED blue etc.. If you think about it, I think it will improve the the overall experience of the game and make it flow much better. The load screen is not on for long and really does not need to be but as long as it is - why not make it look cool!!
Lieutenant
# 3484
12-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Short-mid therm (meaning all 2013)

1. Finished KDF faction.
2. Finished PvP system, including open Pvp and Starbase Sieges.
3. Spanish localization and launching for south Europe and Americas.
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Ensign
# 3485 My requests
12-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Short Term: please fix the balance of the Vesta and Warships and the C-store ships; these ships are supposed to be the best the fleet has to offer, and for the cost, we players are getting very little. The ships are claimed to be X but we're getting Y. An example of this is with the Heavy Cruiser from the C-store, it costs 1000 zen and mos people buy it to get the console which claims a Reduction in the time for transwarp (50% reduction in transwarp cooldown time and an increase in warp efficieny). However this console doesn't do this in the slightest. It increases the cooldown time rather than reducing it and if you already have your warp efficiency at 99 it doesn't add to it.

The Vesta is horribly under powered, it should at the very least have 4 weapon slots fore and aft. The quantum shielding isn't invulnerable, even if you're at full health and full power while draining from another attacking ship via energy siphon it can still (and on a far more regular basis than it should be) fail and your ship can still be destroyed.

The Breen Ghet warship from the winter wonderland is no where near as powerful as your website suggests. It's not on par with the Dreadnaught, even my Galor warship is better than it. This shouldn't be the case. (Noting the Galor didn't even come with a special item, just the spiral disruptors available via the dilithium store).

Fix clicking zone for missions; whenever I transwarp to say I don't know, Doomsday so I can get to the transwarp gate, or Stranded in space to go to ESD because the transwarp cooldown is ridiculously long even with my duty officer dropping it by half if I click anywhere on the screen (say to adjust the camera) I'm instantly pulled into the mission even though I haven't clicked the button. This needs to be fixed and there is no options that allow me to narrow that area of affect.

Medium range goals: Make the animated parts of the transwarp optional.
Transwarp nodes you can place in specific locations and transwarp to for free for a given period of time. (Say 12 hours).
Actual Crystalline Entity encounter (I've had the mission in my "in progress" menu for months but not once have I actually ever fought the crystalline entity.
Fully open ships; no more partial ships or little areas where you can only go into it at some point in time. An open ship that I can go into every room.
Price reduction in the C-store for Clothing. I shouldn't nor should anyone else have to pay 5.50$ for digital clothing. This is utter stupidity. .50$ sure, (50 zen), but no 550 zen.
More ways to get Omega Marks; replaying the same STFs is just a pain and boring.

Long Term
More story; this regional planetary stuff is boring; I joined this game because I'm a Star Trek fan not a WOW fan. I don't want to sit on my computer for hours on end grinding to get stuff. My time is far more valuable than that. I want storyline, I want episodes that are actually story driven.

Better Graphics; seriously with the Unreal Engine 5 coming out and other engines like the one used for Skyrim why your game isn't HD and with better graphics and better interactions I don't know.

Fixed clipping; I'm tired of running into objects and instead of stopping I just sort of slow down and get stuck.

Fix one hit kill shots: this is utter BS, we players can't get one hit kills but the NPCs can, I can't count anymore the number of times I've gone into battle with full shields full weapons full health and been dropped in a matter of seconds. This shouldn't happen and it's wearing thin.

My final request is there should be a new Fed or Klingon faction (or both) where you can play a Recluse or Free Borg with their own Borg ship line. They should have their own storyline with their own set of episodes separate from the ones that already exist.
Lt. Commander
# 3486
01-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Short Term

Requesting some items for the GPL store (or if appropriate Lobi Store or Z-Store):

-Latinum Horta! Both non-combat permanent and combat consumable.
-Tribble of Latinum. Buff: Every hour or day you recieve 10 or 100 GPL, respectively.
-Latinum rings.
-A matching pants for the Ferengi Entrepreneur's Jacket. Why is there a matching skirt but no pants? For this item I would suggest using "Off Duty - Pants - Loose Long", under Lower select "Basic 4" as the template and line the side with GPL. Simple easy copy/paste-ish work imo. Quick $ for you. Make it happen
-Weapons made/lined with GPL: Sword, Falchion, Lirpa, or maybe a new weapon model.
-Earrings. You've done this already however, allow males to wear earrings too. Bajoran males aren't the only ones who have free reign on earrings you know
-Latinum EVA suit.

Mid Term

-Allow the D'Kora to change its designation to SS
-This pertains to the D'Kora. Lower the Ferengi Marauder 3 piece set bonus:
"Friends in High Places" to 1 hour instead of 2
-Within the D'Kora bridge, replace each of the 6 hexagons on the walls with trophy shelves. And directly behind the Dabo table create an alcove for a floor trophy

Long Term

-While I'm on the subject of bridges... create a unique bridge for the Ferengi Na'Far or more shuttle bridge selections as well.
Captain
# 3487
01-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Short-term
- Fewer lockbox ships; more C-store ships (self-explanatory)
- Year change to 2410, onward [i](come on, all this stuff can't be happening inside one year)
- "Gangnam style" emote (just kidding!)
- More of those "generic" ships for the random alien races

Mid-term
- Full KDF faction (levels 1-50, more episode missions, unique tutorial and opening cinematic)
- More FEs (New Romulus, as awesome as it is, is kind of grindy)
- More Foundry love (assets, mechanics, etc)

Long-term
- Romulan playable faction (preferably one of the "enemy" factions)
- Better exploration (possibly involving Foundry)
- Develop those minor alien races from exploration clusters (Phaonian, Vito'D, Zantil, etc)
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Commander
# 3488
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Short term:
Have Cryptic watch some Star Trek, since clearly they forgot what it was like.

Mid term:
Fix the black polygons and server performance issues.

Long term:
Add KDF clothing and ships.
Ensign
# 3489 Type 2 Phaser
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't know if this is a short term or long term project but I would like to see the Type 2 Phaser to be able to be upgraded to a higher end weapon. This could be done as a lobi item (turn in your phaser with lobi for the next version like the enivormental set), a vetern reward, or even a zen store item. I still see a lot of these being used in game and I feel that many people love the sound and visual effects of the weapon.
Ensign
# 3490
01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Short term:
1 Fix the pidgin/jabber/XMPP client so i can chat to my fleets I am gold in CO and STO.
2 add an option to not gain leveling XP when sending out duty officers.
I Absolutly love the Doff system id love to see something like it in CO and NWO its so unique and awsome however. Im almost level 40 and ive left earth dock maybe 3 times
3 Id like to be able to summon my first officer as a non combat pet in spacedock.

Cosmetic/medium term:
1 uniform diversity,
having 2 differnt catigories for off duty makes me less likly to want to buy paid content I dont buy outfits to have the same dress as everyone else. Optimally just get rid of the catagories all together its not like they make up wear a uniform in combat.

2 hair variety
medium length hair, more long hair, we got 1000 short hair and a bunch of buns/pigtails ponytails but very few just above the sholder length hairs. more long hair is also nice maybe a long sleek. braids are also nice.

3 Ship officer customization:
be nice to have a "uniform" for random ppl on my ship and generic security officers be really nice to be able to "place" a duty officer or bridge officer in a certian spot on my ship.

Long term(dreams):
1-Finish KDF
before you even think of adding a third faction, give them more outfit options at least give them some of the off duty options. see my comment on hairs, it will also be nice if the colour options for kdf offered colours other than red,white,black, and shades of mud some decent greens would be nice maybe some golds that didnt look like vomit. i know your going for grit and dirt here but seriously you can have PINK wepons thanks to winter.

2 add special race features to "alien"
weather it be a perk for buying a lot of ferisian or borg player/bridgeofficer content
or a costume pack for 550zen, or maybe even part of a large 2000 zen bundle including playability of both types of catfolk a special catfolk off duty outfit. Id like to put cattails/heads ect on my aliens

3 Ship upgrade/reskin option
instead of getting a new strange ship ever 10 levels, (or 2 days of Doff missions) id prefer having the option to...upgrade my old ship to be as good as next level of ships. or reskin the new ship to look like it even if this takes Zen or dilitium.

at level 20 i found my perfect ship it was awsome it was perfect... it was outleveled before i left spacedock. every ship since has been ...meh. id perfer this to having the same ship that everyone buys cause it has cool stats or cause they won it doing 25 days of races.

id also be more likly to buy ship slots if i knew id keep ships for more than a week at best.
also have similar issues about ship colours all looking like mud.