Captain
# 51
12-28-2012, 11:55 AM
If you duplicate a mission the copy is a totally new mission and retains no info from the origional. I do this all the time when working on sequals and have also done it to re-launch a mission that I felt was unfairly low rated when it first came out.
Captain
# 52
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I felt was unfairly low rated when it first came out.
No doubt because those pedestrian philistines didn't appreciate your subtle brilliance.

Captain
# 53
12-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
No doubt because those pedestrian philistines didn't appreciate your subtle brilliance.

No, because of trolls like you just going around looking to pick fights and cause strife for no particular reason.

Why are you even here? You have absolutely nothing to add to this conversation but BS and trouble-making. You don't make Foundry missions, nor do you play them for any reason but to grind for dilithium as you have already made clear.

I can deal with a troll if he has some wit and flare--you have neither.

So, put up or shut up. Let's see your work so we can all bow down to your genius; otherwise you are nothing but a petulant, ****-talking ***** and you can **** off.

Last edited by ajstoner; 12-28-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Rihannsu
# 54
12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
No, because of trolls like you just going around looking to pick fights and cause strife for no particular reason.
Ah but you see ... some of us have a good memory.

Quote:
Actually, the best missions in the game are foundry missions and there are dozens better than anything Cryptic has put out. Of course I'm sure YOURS put everyone's to shame, what with your "ridiculously high standards" and all. I'll look for them...
Pot
Kettle
Black

Anyway, the fact people dont want to play Foundry Missions unless they are bribed into it shows people dont want to play UGC period, apparently Neverwinter Nights is all supposed to be about UGC so lets see were that goes but STO? so far only to get people into playing then is by bribing them with Dilithium, its not that much different that PvP were they also put a Dilithium bribe so people PvP or Fleet Actions that were pretty much dead until come the bribe (and STFs were also starting getting there before S7).

However S7 said the daily clicker was a exploit and so a 15 minute timer was added to make sure it was not a "exploit" along with other requirements, this was done apparently withe the support of the Foundry Authors that did not liked the Daily Clicker so why the surprise that with it gone MOST players decided to ignore the Foundry from that point on?

It seems the majority of STO apparently DONT want to play UGC despite some Foundry Authors believing Foundry Missions are better that Cryptic own missions.

The only way for them to do them is when they are offered a bribe, pre-Season 7 we had the Daily Clicker that people used, exploit or not that was what the majority of players did, with Season 7 the Daily Clicker was formally considered a exploit and the majority of players decided that spending 2-3 hours for 50 Fleet Marks and about 1000 Dilithium was too much of hassle and stopped, that had further implications on the Dilithium economy that made Crypic changing the rules again, now its a repeatable with a 30 minutes cooldown from the starting point with no "must play 3" requirement but other requirements are still there, still 15 minutes.

And apparently people STILL dont want to play Foundry Missions without the bribe and what you authors do? You want to have a bigger bribe so people play then ... not because they are so much better that Cryptic own missions but because its the only you can get people to play them.

This is NOT Neverwinter Nights and STO should NOT follow Neverwinter Nights model, to start its a UNPROVEN model that can very well blow up on PWE/Cryptic's face and one that apparently STO players are NOT interested in as shown by Foundry metrics, this would be like removing PvE and Foundry from STO and making it a PvP only game, it would only matter to a minority of the players.

If you are resorting to bribing people to play them then I have to ask ... does it matter if someone even plays then? Are you doing this to satisfy your own ego by using numbers? Isnt doing a mission you wanted to do without asking anything in return because that is what you wanted to do enough?

And I think we all know the answer to that ... oh you can dig up quotes were I say I dont like the Foundry, in fact I will spare you all the trouble and say exactly that ... I dont , at least some of the behavior some of the Foundry Authors have shown but, to be fair, this extends to all User Creating communities.
Captain
# 55
12-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I fail to see any contradiction between these two statements, nor any associate hypocrisy. Someone was bashing the foundry missions (and making extremely rude comments about Foundry authors which I note you have failed to include for context-wonder why...) so I stated an opinion to the contrary and suggested that he show us how to properly do it. A challenge I extend to you and your buddy above. That is not "trolling" or looking for fights. This is an absurd false equivalency argument that demonstrates a pitiful lack of character and skill. It seems amateur hour is running overtime today...

By the by, if no one wants to play these missions why do they have so many thousands of plays? And no, I'm not talking about the exploit missions. Look up any mission on the SBUGC list and see how many nobodies are playing them.

And I will extend my question to you as well: Why, then, are you even here?

Last edited by ajstoner; 12-28-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 56
12-28-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think it's really true that players don't want to play Foundry missions. Some missions have thousands of plays and that was before the reward changes. It's hard to say what percentage of players that is since we don't know how many players STO has, nor how many players have come and gone over the course of the past year and a half.

I do think that the current design of STO is tilted very heavily toward grinders. STO started out sort of strong in terms of storyline content with the first two FEs, and then it fell straight on its face. The devs have simply not delivered much storyline content, so the type of players who enjoy that are probably not going to stick around. We Foundry authors can do our best, but it's tough when the overall design of the game is not in our favor.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 57
12-28-2012, 02:32 PM
By that logic, nothing in STO is fun. Just a series of bribes.

OR... maybe games are enhanced by a sense of reward and progress. The RPG part of MMORPG, if you were.
Captain
# 58
12-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobstbank View Post
I dont think the "15 min rule" itself is a problem. The real problem is the missing transparency. When will a mission be checked? What is the current mission time for the rule? What can be done if the mission slipped out of the rule? ...

One might say the Devs took the most dumb way to implement this foundry obstacle. The easiest way would have been to grant the OR depending on users mission time amount.
But I guess they were a bit upset on the foundry abuse and felt urged to nerf the whole foundry com.
Let's be honest, if they explained what exactly the requirements were in full on laid out clear writing the system would be completely broken in a day without any data on how it worked out.

As for the second thing, this is just a temp situation. They needed to close the loophole giving out a free 1440 DL in 5 minutes with no gameplay or effort. This is what they used. I doubt it will stick.

Quote:
Dude, AJ, if you think he's a troll, stop feeding him.
Captain
# 59
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Sure, but it'd at least be nice to have a direction to go.

There's a difference between saying 'it's time x players divided by average height' or whatnot and saying 'roughly more than 20 minutes, at least X plays, and some filtering by maps' or something.
Career Officer
# 60
12-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I think the only requirement is probably length, it's just the system is measuring it inconsistently for some reason.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.