Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 460
# 51
12-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
This is the PvE forum. So the fact his fleet excels at PvP (in a game where PvP is in the backseat I might add) is a moot point.
We also excel at PvE using tactics and builds that were developed in PvP. {B) (well, they do, I usually drag my feet when they bring me along cause I'm terrible at PvE)

What broken1981 was trying to say is that an overwhelming majority of PvE players are generally terrible at this game because the PvE side of the game outside of elite STFs and elite exploration missions offer absolutely no challenge what so ever. You can tank an entire group of enemies while standing in the middle of nowhere and kill them without ever pressing anything aside from the 1 key (or spacebar in space).

Some of these terrible PvE players are intent on challenging the ideas of the people who know the game inside and out in both sides, PvE and PvP. They call them wrong, they call them idiots, they call them cheaters without backing up their claims with solid math, strategy discussions or theorizing. That is what is infuriating and that is what broken1981 was getting at with his... questionably hostile attitude.
Joined: January 2010

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 52
12-28-2012, 01:04 AM
well yes i do hate the pve guys because they always think they know what works better and claim to have better dps in pve then pvp because we spec resist. lol pottsey5g sorry i know thats a cheep shot. but this is the truth that most pve'ers dont trust what pvp'ers have to say. heck i even said i suck ground and use the turrent and motars myself dident i?

i also stated why that kit is better for most pve'ers since they SUCK in pve. its the whole reason pve guys blast the pvp guys about things like tric mine bombers. or even getting sheild regen fixed. all im saying is if pug says something is better you might want to take him on his word. i listed my experance while on a run with his group as well as he explain how his group runs it. now if i take a few guys from the elite stf channel best be sure i will run turrents drone and motars. thoes guys have no clue any ways for being part of elite lol stf channel. but if im running with pure pro ground guys im going to run a kit they ask for. but anyways not to derail this topic anymore im out.

side note and yes i down alot of pve guys in space. they cant heal dont do dps and dont want to know why thier build is so poor. they insist on being in crusiers with dbb and no heals as well as using torps when they have no turn rate. i welcome everyone to get act http://advancedcombattracker.com/download.php and here is the plugin http://hilbertguide.com/ACT.html now just go into an stf and see how badly it really is.

Last edited by broken1981; 12-28-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 53
12-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
What broken1981 was trying to say is that an overwhelming majority of PvE players are generally terrible at this game because the PvE side of the game outside of elite STFs and elite exploration missions offer absolutely no challenge what so ever.
well not only that but cryptic just wants npc with uber hp and sheilds. the npc dont fight back. its a joke for something thats ment to be elite. they should self buff and self heal. i have a guy in my fleet that did not even know he had tact skills on his tact engy skills on his engy and sci skills on his sci. ir sci fleet, tact fleet, engy fleet. cryptic does not make an effort to teach people how to min/max builds. im still trying to juice my skill points. still trying to get the most out of my toon. atm its just better to make a fresh tact since even my passives are off. but like most people at lauch we just wanted to jump into game.

just tell me this, when is the last time you saw a tact in an oddy? sure its only pve so the guy can get away with it. but it is slowing down the run. you cant tell me hes going to have better dps then a tact in an escourt. even with his dem 3 and 2. thoes will go on cd. my rapid fire 2 and 2 and omega 3 are going to have a better uptime. even if the tact in an oddy is using an aux to bat build with just dem 3 ill still do more damage even tho hes over capping 125 wep power to keep his beams at 125 the whole time. so even tho i try to explain in a very nice way i could be put on ignore or even told i ahve no clue about this game. you guys are kind of doing the same thing to pug atm. thats why you guys should take him on his word and get an invite on his run so you can parse the logs. just these guys advice alone made my tact on ground much better and i saw just how badly of a noob i was. i enjoy ground alot more now because of this.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 54
12-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
We also excel at PvE using tactics and builds that were developed in PvP. {B) (well, they do, I usually drag my feet when they bring me along cause I'm terrible at PvE)

What broken1981 was trying to say is that an overwhelming majority of PvE players are generally terrible at this game because the PvE side of the game outside of elite STFs and elite exploration missions offer absolutely no challenge what so ever. You can tank an entire group of enemies while standing in the middle of nowhere and kill them without ever pressing anything aside from the 1 key (or spacebar in space).

Some of these terrible PvE players are intent on challenging the ideas of the people who know the game inside and out in both sides, PvE and PvP. They call them wrong, they call them idiots, they call them cheaters without backing up their claims with solid math, strategy discussions or theorizing. That is what is infuriating and that is what broken1981 was getting at with his... questionably hostile attitude.
Yeah... his hostility is what I find to be the most exacerbating. It's completely unnecessary and actually is what is turning me against him the most. I agree with a lot of what he says, but his outright dismissal of other players is just unacceptable.

But despite most PvErs being completely and hopelessly and just utterly incompetent, there are a number that are the exact opposite, who do know what their ships can and cannot do, and excel with said ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
*snip*
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
*snip*
I snipped your post because the terrible grammar, spelling, and sentence structure were starting to make my brain hurt. If you got rid of that annoying hostility and actually put an effort into making your posts legible, then you probably wouldn't be hitting as much resistance as you did.

Secondly, you may not believe it, but there are PvE players who can utterly smash PvP players. They just choose to stay in STFs because it's more amusing to them (no doubt this statement will result in a long rant/tirade). So as I said, don't dismiss other players outright because they choose not to PvP in a game that is not even close to PvP oriented.

(should be noted, those players I mentioned came from an almost exclusively PvP based game, myself among them, so a lot of us find PvE to be relaxing and we do this for fun, so we do PvE.)

Lastly, all these "terrible" players you were talking about. Why not oh I dunno... offer to help them improve? Instead of just bashing them and then dismissing them outright? Did that thought ever cross your mind? Or were you too busy trying to attack their flaws to see that maybe they could use help instead of harm?

-.-
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 55
12-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Lastly, all these "terrible" players you were talking about. Why not oh I dunno... offer to help them improve? Instead of just bashing them and then dismissing them outright? Did that thought ever cross your mind? Or were you too busy trying to attack their flaws to see that maybe they could use help instead of harm?

-.-
read more maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
so even tho i try to explain in a very nice way i could be put on ignore or even told i ahve no clue about this game. you guys are kind of doing the same thing to pug atm. thats why you guys should take him on his word and get an invite on his run so you can parse the logs. just these guys advice alone made my tact on ground much better and i saw just how badly of a noob i was. i enjoy ground alot more now because of this.
better for you? this happends all the time. i offer logs and links. but dude im done with you. examples were given. guess your head is in your arse since i called myself a noob on ground. im not the best in space but im freaking increable. on ground FES is the best. no doubt about it and anyone who wants to learn can always mail them in game. later
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 56
12-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
better for you? this happends all the time. i offer logs and links. but dude im done with you. examples were given. guess your head is in your arse since i called myself a noob on ground. im not the best in space but im freaking increable. on ground FES is the best. no doubt about it and anyone who wants to learn can always mail them in game. later
And the hostility continues. I'm beginning to think either you have major anger management problems, or are just being a troll. Or both. Of course I will never understand why people are hostile online, it just makes no sense. Oh wells. Anyways, that over and done with, didn't ditch this thread on your last post?

As I stated earlier, your posts brought up good points. But those were completely nullified by your hostility. After reading 3 lines into most of your posts, I didn't want to read any more of it. Because you were being so hostile and condescending, that I figured anything you had to say was jaded by this anger, so it was useless. Now if you hadn't been so hating, perhaps I would have read more willingly. As is, I saw your links, and I appreciate you putting them up there for people who need them, but tbh, most people would read your first 3 lines, and move on. Which kind of nullifies the whole point of putting up links don't you think?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 201
# 57
12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Kits for upgrades need to be chosen by the average player rather then by the favorite choice of a dps maximizing minority. The average stf group ain't running through that fast that mortars are totally useless, it also depends a bit on the map.. my mortars in KAGE do some nice dmg along the way even in fast groups (due to the layout of the map), its different in IGE or CGE were i wouldn't run em either tho.

About the enemy neutralization kit outshining fabrications by a factor of almost 3 (according to someones numbers)... maybe its rather time to ask if the recent no-cooldown "feature" of transphasic bomb really is intended, cause i ain't remember reading about it in the patch notes and it kinda seems to be to good to be true too.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
# 58
12-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
About the enemy neutralization kit outshining fabrications by a factor of almost 3 (according to someones numbers)... maybe its rather time to ask if the recent no-cooldown "feature" of transphasic bomb really is intended, cause i ain't remember reading about it in the patch notes and it kinda seems to be to good to be true too.
This has been around since the change to tactical initiative. It is the same as the Ophidian Cane setup YOU use. You know how YOU use Tactical Initiative and chain the Ophidian Cane in PvP, even through walls? This is a famous trick of Yours, so it should be familiar. Its the same principle. Using Tactical Initiative lowers the cooldown of the whole teams abilities. Of course doing this in PvP with transphasic bombs isn't smart, because of the animation lock. But it works well in PvE when you are killing a boss.

BUT bringing the topic back to the kits. Do you like the Quick Fix ability that was added to the fabrication kit, as much as you like the Motion Accelerator addition? Do you really see a use for the new Science kit? Even the new Flamethrower requires you to run up and place it fairly close to your targets since it has a limited range.

A simple way to look at this:
Has the tactical officer received a more useful ability on their new kit, compared to the other classes? And the answer in my opinion is that they have received a major improvement compared to the other classes. Therefore the imbalance.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 460
# 59
12-30-2012, 09:19 AM
I would have gladly taken Overwatch over Motion Accelerator, personally. Or possibly a Security Protocol kit with Battle Stategies.

But yeah, the science kit is absolutely useless. Physicist with Biofilter Sweep would have been nice. Due to my inexperience with high level engineers, I'll avoid making a suggestion for that.
Joined: January 2010

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 201
# 60
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
This has been around since the change to tactical initiative. It is the same as the Ophidian Cane setup YOU use.
And thats were YOU are all wrong, because this has absolutely nothing to do with tactical initiative.

Tactical initiative is supposed to accelerate cooldowns. But that transphasic bomb is missing any cooldown when autoexploding, totally without tactical initiative. Its not mentioned in the ability description, its not really making any sense and its not in any patch notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
This is a famous trick of Yours, so it should be familiar.
Must be easy to make fame with you then, cause theres no trick involved just clicking tac ini.. if we talk fame here your guide about swapping 20 kits to superstack buffs on the other hand got ya some real fame throughout the community, we are all still puzzled why you ain't posting any guides anymore they were so.. awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
BUT bringing the topic back to the kits. Do you like the Quick Fix ability that was added to the fabrication kit, as much as you like the Motion Accelerator addition?
This question sounds like theres competition between the classes.. but this is a pve forum, theres just teamplay in pve and not so much competition. Motion accelerator is an aoe buff so anyone closeby will benefit from it engineers too.. makes you get faster there to put your bomb and mines down, believe me you'll love that buff and it will increase YOUR dps as well, maybe more then that of the tac's speed buffing even.

If you woulda been around for a bit longer in the game and followed kit discussion on the forums in the past a bit you probably woulda had often seen people noting that quickfix is on a kit that barely has any fabrications to fix up - thus not making much sense.

This new engineer kit basically addresses one of the long lasting engineering issues and finally adds some sense to quickfix. Also the new turret on that kit is absolutely mega-cool, it has a buildin flamethrower.. kudos to the dev designing that new turret! You should really try it, my engineer loves it!

If theres something needing a fix here its actually plasma nade IV, its an exact copy of plasma nade III.. no new cool gfx no slight dmg upgrade.. it must be an oversight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
Even the new Flamethrower requires you to run up and place it fairly close to your targets since it has a limited range.
Not seeing much connection between kits and flamethrower here, its not any different to shotguns there and like i pointed out motion accel helps anyone, especially the engineer buddies on the mine kit.

On a related note about flamethrowers.. I somewhat hope when they fix the shooter mode issues with them that they also look into the huge FPS drop they are causing atm.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-

Last edited by mikiiy; 12-30-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 AM.