Ensign
i was just wondering
Commander
# 2
12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
anti proton space has higher crit chance and severity and extra damage against hulls in space no anti proton is best for damage and destroying but a torpedo helps greatly with that along side anti proton. and ground its more personal choice what works for you but again anti proton better crits and severity
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-28-2012, 04:48 PM
I tend to avoid it because of the console prices in the exchange
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 4
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
anti proton space has higher crit chance and severity and extra damage against hulls in space no anti proton is best for damage and destroying but a torpedo helps greatly with that along side anti proton. and ground its more personal choice what works for you but again anti proton better crits and severity
...As far as I know, AP only has boosted Severity. It essentially replaces a proc with a [CrtD] modifier.

For pure damage, Disruptors are about as good if you aren't super-crit-specced. Phasers and Polarons are less efficient at direct damage, but their power-killing capabilities make up for it. Tetryon is roughly its equal on a shielded target, and Plasma is good against anything that isn't running anti-Plasma setups (i.e. anything in PvP).